Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 10:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I previously did a thread a few years back if asking if you would wear a pink hoodie, and in the past year, it seems like I am seeing a lot of young men wearing pink hoodies. I wonder, does anyone think they are becoming in style for men? I typically like to wear one over a pink polo shirt, together with a pink baseball cap.
i think that big problem is the hoodie, period. not the color. i have a couple of pink shirts, i like them. most hoodies in most circumstances are terrible.

i find some of the commentary interesting. im married, i have 2 kids, what do i care what someone thinks of my clothes? if im happy and my wife isnt complaining, im good.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:42 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:
I don't know why we can't have constructive conversation. Fact is I have really lately been seeing a lot of young men wearing pink hoodies, yet in this thread I had to get criticized and even get called gay. Come on, it's just a color.
While I try to never be overly negative in these threads and don't condone people being mean, to some end it does feel like you tend to purposely push this color over and over. Especially pushing the fact that there is nothing un-masculine or wrong with a guy wearing Pink. I don't disagree with you. Pink is fine. But you tend to push it in a way that almost seems like you WANT people to argue or disagree with you. It is most apparent when you repeat the same or very similar discussions over and over.

Pink hoodies are too specific of a thing to really require much talk over being 'in style'. I own one pink hoodie from American Apparel that I've had for years. I wear it now and then and I am a guy who does not mind a pink article of clothing in moderation depending on my outfit. But even as a guy who really likes clothes and does own a pink hoodie and also pays attention to clothes other guys wear more than the average guy, I've never seen it enough to think it was trendy. Turtlenecks can be trendy. Ripped jeans can be trendy. Overalls can be trendy. But saying 'are white overalls with brass buckles trendy right now?' probably isnt going to warrant too much discussion and is going to mostly be very regionally dependent.

Last edited by Sunbather; 11-08-2018 at 10:52 AM..

Old 11-08-2018, 10:55 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
I don't know why we can't have constructive conversation. Fact is I have really lately been seeing a lot of young men wearing pink hoodies, yet in this thread I had to get criticized and even get called gay. Come on, it's just a color.
OK, so I would conclude, that where you live in AZ, pink for men is coming in. I wonder if it's a regional thing, you know--like turquoise and pink symbolizing the color of the reddish earth and the sky in the Southwest (I'm in NM; even our freeway overpasses are painted turquoise and pink!). I don't think you're going to suddenly see teens in the barrios or in East or West Oakland wearing pink hoodies. The girls, maybe yes.

I don't think of you as a hoodie guy, OP. I see you in a more dignified type of jacket. Just because it's pink, doesn't mean you should add it to your wardrobe. A guy's gotta have standards. Don't go the hoodie route.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:51 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You make me feel like I missed the 80's entirely! I don't remember this at all. I did not see a lot of pink in Berkeley or Seattle.

To add some images....

Greg Stump's 1987 ski movie was "The Good, The Rad, and the Gnarly".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JD0GMYdsBU

Here are a couple of screen shots....

I own this sweater.

Here is some epic powder day at Telluride footage. Pink shell. You can just see the pink K2 KVC ski bottoms. I owned that ski.

Around 1991, skiing fashion changed to earth tones and brights are reserved for Halloween costumes and retro ski day at the ski resort.

Greg Stump's Blizzard of Aaah's came out a year later in 1988 and was his signature movie. In this Chamonix Couloir footage, I grabbed a screen shot of the pink Uvex goggles I used to own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mJC0CZESk

Old 11-08-2018, 02:23 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Men who identify as women or who are gay wear pink. A straight man might wear a pink shirt with his suit or a pink tie, but that's it.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
To add some images....

Greg Stump's 1987 ski movie was "The Good, The Rad, and the Gnarly".

Here are a couple of screen shots....

I own this sweater.

Here is some epic powder day at Telluride footage. Pink shell. You can just see the pink K2 KVC ski bottoms. I owned that ski.

Around 1991, skiing fashion changed to earth tones and brights are reserved for Halloween costumes and retro ski day at the ski resort.

Greg Stump's Blizzard of Aaah's came out a year later in 1988 and was his signature movie. In this Chamonix Couloir footage, I grabbed a screen shot of the pink Uvex goggles I used to own.

Wild, Geoff! COOL sweater!

(You might make the OP jealous, with all that pink ski gear!)

Old 11-08-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Men who identify as women or who are gay wear pink. A straight man might wear a pink shirt with his suit or a pink tie, but that's it.
That's a cool look. So is purple or lavender shirt w/suit.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I guess you have never been to the pro-shop of an upscale country club. Pink golf shirts are available in abundance.

My late father, an avid golfer, and a former US Marine, was heterosexual and liked pink golf and polo shirts.
My husband, also a heterosexual, also likes to wear the color pink. He looks good in it.

Wearing pink, or any color for that matter does not indicate sexuality or gender identity.

My favorite color in blue. In fact, I look better in blue than I do in pink. I rarely wear pink because it's not flattering on me.

Wearing a lot of blue does not make me a man - or a lesbian.

What is odd about the OP's post, and his many other posts, is his seeming obsession with a particular color and his attempts to have a "meaningful discussion" about a color, in this case, pink.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:23 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Plus, IZOD is not a favored brand among the gay community. Of the PVH-owned brands the gay community is more likely to favor Calvin Klein. IZOD is one of the straightest brands available.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:24 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Plus, IZOD is not a favored brand among the gay community. Of the PVH-owned brands the gay community is more likely to favor Calvin Klein. IZOD is one of the straightest brands available.
(I know I'm going to regret asking ...)

How on earth do you determine which brands are straight and which are gay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty