Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 12:06 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

So I hate heels. Ok not exactly, but I rarely wear shoes over 2 inches. And 2 inches is the magic lime where a show goes from walkable to questionable.

So the other day I saw a oir of heeled mules, on sale, and looked great. I tried them on and found them surprisingly comfortable as I wore them around the store. Not only was the heel super stable, I didn’t notice the height when I wore them. They were well made and a good price. And they were 2.5 inches. So a little high for me.

I decided to take the plunge. They were really cute. And I pictured all sorts of outfits.

I tried them on later that evening at home. Still pretty comfy.

So today was the day. I decided to wear them for drinks in the evening. I knew I’d only need to walk a block. So it was a good test run.

I left home. And I started to worry about slippage in the mules. But after a couple of minutes my fet settled in. I got to the bar, after walking 1 block from the bus stop. Still fine. I stood around for a few minutes waiting for my frjend. I grabbed a seat. So far all good.

It was time to leave, and my friend wanted to get food. 4 blocks away. This is usually the death spell for heels for me.

So we started walking. It took a block to get my stride, but I was getting close to my normal walking pace. We get to the restaurant and my feel felt fine. No issues at all.

I didn’t take the bus home. But the shoes were still feeling fine when I got home.

I was shocked, I felt fine with the prospect of walking a half mile. Unlike usual.

Comsidering I have another, slightly lower pair of mules, witb more padding, that doesn’t quite inspire the same stability and comfort, this was a shock.

And this was the first time I have ever felt a pair of heels was legitimately comfortable. Not comfortable-ish.

And all this time I thought people were lying. These shoes maybe the rare shoe I can wear all day and standing at a party (I often switch into fancier or higher shoes for certain parties).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 04:30 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,601,408 times
so, what's the brand?

Old 12-21-2018, 09:58 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
so, what's the brand?
Jigsaw. Though I haven’t tried other shoes by them. Their shoes appear to largely be made in Italy.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:07 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
So I hate heels. Ok not exactly, but I rarely wear shoes over 2 inches. And 2 inches is the magic lime where a show goes from walkable to questionable.

So the other day I saw a oir of heeled mules, on sale, and looked great. I tried them on and found them surprisingly comfortable as I wore them around the store. Not only was the heel super stable, I didn’t notice the height when I wore them. They were well made and a good price. And they were 2.5 inches. So a little high for me.

I decided to take the plunge. They were really cute. And I pictured all sorts of outfits.

I tried them on later that evening at home. Still pretty comfy.

So today was the day. I decided to wear them for drinks in the evening. I knew I’d only need to walk a block. So it was a good test run.

I left home. And I started to worry about slippage in the mules. But after a couple of minutes my fet settled in. I got to the bar, after walking 1 block from the bus stop. Still fine. I stood around for a few minutes waiting for my frjend. I grabbed a seat. So far all good.

It was time to leave, and my friend wanted to get food. 4 blocks away. This is usually the death spell for heels for me.

So we started walking. It took a block to get my stride, but I was getting close to my normal walking pace. We get to the restaurant and my feel felt fine. No issues at all.

I didn’t take the bus home. But the shoes were still feeling fine when I got home.

I was shocked, I felt fine with the prospect of walking a half mile. Unlike usual.

Comsidering I have another, slightly lower pair of mules, witb more padding, that doesn’t quite inspire the same stability and comfort, this was a shock.

And this was the first time I have ever felt a pair of heels was legitimately comfortable. Not comfortable-ish.

And all this time I thought people were lying. These shoes maybe the rare shoe I can wear all day and standing at a party (I often switch into fancier or higher shoes for certain parties).

I've found several pair on occasion that really felt good...but it's the rare pair. Glad you found a pair, hang on to them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty