Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 06:58 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I had my first pair of high heels when I was 14. At the time, the toes weren't pointy but rounded. During the years, I wore high heels to work every day. Gradually, the styles changed to pointy toes. Nobody can cram their feet into the points so the shoes are by default slightly longer. I was never uncomfortable wearing them.
Never did understand the pointy toe high heels, I see them as the witch heel lol. I try to only buy rounded toe not only because they are more comfortable but they also look much more stylish imho. Never a heel higher than 3 inches unless there is a platform on the ball of the foot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 09:00 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,102 times
I've never understood the appeal of high heels. I do like the occasional wedge, but relatively low height. I do a lot of walking for work, and I have always gone for comfort over fashion. But I'm not very fashionable in general If I need to wear some sort of fancy shoe and I can't get by with boots, I wear flats usually, or a tiny wedge. I don't know why people damage themselves (or just suffer through pain) for fashion, honestly. That being said, I have worn something like Spanx now and again to give a better silhouette, and they aren't comfortable!

Old 12-27-2018, 09:48 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,253,340 times
I have severe bunions on both feet as a result of wearing shoes that were way too small for me. That’s what happens when you grow up very poor.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:38 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Ladies, may be you can explain this to me. What's the reason for some women wearing shoes (usually heels) that are much bigger than their feet. You can stick two fingers in the back of the shoe and still have room left. It can't be by accident.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:59 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
My wife said women would do anything to look good. Even if it hurts them or damages their skin or bones they still do it.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:02 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
To understand the appeal of high heels to men, just look at women in those flat, sandal-like shoes. Got turn off written all over it.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:34 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,536,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
To understand the appeal of high heels to men, just look at women in those flat, sandal-like shoes. Got turn off written all over it.
But: when you have a good man who would rather his woman be comfortable in properly fitted shoes, rather than ruining her feet to be stylish, he's a keeper!

If a man would rather see his woman stylish and uncomfortable just so she looks good beside his vane self, he's got TURN OFF written all over HIM.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:56 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,098 times
This article talks about how wearing high heels/tight shoes is dangerous to health and can eventually lead to hip as well as foot problems. Even equates it to the dangers of smoking, another habit considered sexy. The author even notes the surgery that some people have to shave the baby toe down to fit into tight shoes or even amputate the toe! The author equates to wearing heels/tight shoes as a reflection of low self-esteem and laughs about short women who say they "have" to wear heels, asking what their height prevents them from doing, like whether they can't reach the ATM machine:

https://www.macleans.ca/society/life...box=1544829022

Old 12-28-2018, 05:02 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
When I was in my 20's I wore high heels 95% of the time but living in Florida for part of that decade I wore high heeled sandals which didn't squeeze the toes together. Now I still wear heels but not the ridiculously high ones I see in shoe stores. I stick to kitten heels or 2 inch heels. The ones with pointy toes have to be a half a size larger but when I wear them it's to the office where I'm sitting down or maybe out for dinner.

When I was younger my mom and I even wore high heels shopping for clothes. Living in NY we had to be fashionable at the cost of being comfortable. I remember coming home and the balls of our feet would be burning they hurt so much. My mom has horrible feet now with hammertoes, etc. Thank goodness my feet still look nice and I take good care of them also and they haven't succumbed to the torture I put them through in my 20's.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:02 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Ladies, may be you can explain this to me. What's the reason for some women wearing shoes (usually heels) that are much bigger than their feet. You can stick two fingers in the back of the shoe and still have room left. It can't be by accident.
I noticed this too and its ugly..Meghan Markles shoes are far too big for her... but I think pointed toe shoes do more damage to feet even than heels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty