Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 05:58 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm not sure why guys do it as the women here seem to be universally opposed. I guess it's I can grow an ugly beard and there's nothing you can do about it.
Because the internet and what actually happens in the real world are oftentimes vastly different. I can think of a boatload of examples, but don't want to get off topic.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:06 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Yes, the food particles are an integral part of the gnarly man beard grooming/maintenance regiment.

I do occassionally rinse my beard out with water only, never shampoo as to remove the natural oils. Then it's just some fresh spruce sap, Copenhagen juice drool, foamy draft beer residue and some food particles mixed in for good measure. Never any girly man purchased products.

I get compliments on my beard all the time and other men with long beards are always asking me what kind of oil/etc. I use that keeps it looking so good.

8 scientific health benefits of growing a beard https://m.mensxp.com/grooming/shavin...g-a-beard.html

I feel nausea coming on.....

Old 01-02-2019, 08:27 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
What I don't get is guys that hair dark hair on top but then think that having white or grey patches in their beard is attractive? Makes them look older IMHO. I would color the total beard to match head hair or shave.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:44 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Because the internet and what actually happens in the real world are oftentimes vastly different. I can think of a boatload of examples, but don't want to get off topic.
There have been two times or situations in my life when I've gotten overt, unambiguous sexual attention. One was from men, especially when I was younger but still occasionally. The other was from women a few years ago when I had what one might describe as a crazy bushy beard. So there's that.

The other possibility is that these men aren't making these decisions with women in mind. I know that's some combination of blasphemy and anarchy, but I think it may happen from time to time.

I think it's empowering.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:23 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
There have been two times or situations in my life when I've gotten overt, unambiguous sexual attention. One was from men, especially when I was younger but still occasionally. The other was from women a few years ago when I had what one might describe as a crazy bushy beard. So there's that.

The other possibility is that these men aren't making these decisions with women in mind. I know that's some combination of blasphemy and anarchy, but I think it may happen from time to time.

I think it's empowering.
At my age, I would welcome any attention. LOL

Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
I don't get all this fighting and trying to convince one another what they should like. The thread question is --

Do you find CRAZY BUSHY BEARDS on a male to be appealing or alluring to you at all?

Either one does or one doesn't and dissing each other for their individual likes or dislikes isn't going to change what's appealing to someone else.

Some men like blondes, some like brunettes, etc... just because they don't like the same thing as another guy doesn't mean they're wrong or right. They just have different likes and dislikes.
This thread has turned into ... a woman feels threatened by a man with a beard or.. he's a pig if he has one.

People are so defensive or in attack mode because someone else doesn't like what someone else does.
Sheesh.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:54 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
As someone who is very limited in the facial hair he can grow, I wouldn't want a bushy beard. However, I would like to have some kind of facial hair because I like having a little bit of facial hair.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
I don't get all this fighting and trying to convince one another what they should like. The thread question is --

Do you find CRAZY BUSHY BEARDS on a male to be appealing or alluring to you at all?

Either one does or one doesn't and dissing each other for their individual likes or dislikes isn't going to change what's appealing to someone else.

Some men like blondes, some like brunettes, etc... just because they don't like the same thing as another guy doesn't mean they're wrong or right. They just have different likes and dislikes.
This thread has turned into ... a woman feels threatened by a man with a beard or.. he's a pig if he has one.

People are so defensive or in attack mode because someone else doesn't like what someone else does.
Sheesh.
I'm glad I skipped all the fighting.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
There are not enough eye rolls for this post. But here's a start . . .

I can only hope it's satire.
Yeah, since a lot of "soy boys" DO have beards.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:40 PM

506 posts, read 510,437 times
Women telling men what they want the men to do = good

Men telling women what they want the women to do = bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty