Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:31 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,456,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Hate to break it to you, but remember that many fashion products at Costco are specifically designed to be sold at warehouse clubs and are not the same as those sold in department stores.
At this point that doesn't even matter. I had plenty of Ralph Lauren one offs from the outlet I never saw in department stores. I couldn't tell the difference in quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 02:58 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,099,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I wonder, while some brands may be almost dead in the United States, could anyone name examples that are still somewhat popular in other parts of the world?

I am in Puerto Rico and have been surprised by the number of people wearing Nautica which is nearly a dead brand in the mainland United States. Has anyone had similar experiences with certain brands while traveling?
According to my 22 year old brother Nautica, Tommy, etc are back in style.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:58 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
According to my 22 year old brother Nautica, Tommy, etc are back in style.
Considering that VF essentially gave up on the Nautica brand by selling it to Authentic Brands Group doesn't seem to indicate that the brand is in style. I haven't heard any news on how the brand is performing under ABG considering ABG is privately held therefore they don't really disclose their financials like a publicly traded company would. Tommy Hilfiger on the other hand is currently the strongest brand of PVH.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:47 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
LaCosta. Been fashion staple in Russia forever.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Other countries have high prices associated with imports of American brands. I was on here once and a guy from Europe stated that Polo Ralph Lauren was at least twice as expensive so people just buy it second hand.

For what it's worth they wear everything over in Africa because they get our undesirable second hand stuff in bulk for free through our charities. It is cheaper than if they produced their own clothing. That may be the case more so in rural areas though.
I wouldn't assume they get it for free. I was shocked and dismayed to find that the charity clothing sent to Latin America by churches and other groups get sold in stores. There are stores marked "American Clothing". I never looked at the prices, but it was all second-hand clothing. The charity clothing the churches offer to the indigent tend to be damaged clothes that others wouldn't wear; items with holes, or a stain, with a few decent items mixed in.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:50 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
LaCosta. Been fashion staple in Russia forever.
Interesting. That must Be Moscow and maybe St. Pete's. I've never Sean that in eastern Russia.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:51 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Esprit us no longer popular here but still popular in its home base in Europe. Benetton as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty