Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 05:23 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times

Advertisements

I had my eyes done back in 2014. I had very heavily hooded eyes and it really makes me look much fresher, plus I got some peripheral vision back. I had some complications in healing and the lower lid on one eye ended up a tiny bit low. I could go back and try to improve it, but it's not worth the additional risk / time / cost for a very minor fix.

The cost is prohibitive, but I think I'd have them tighten my facial skin a bit, especially where a student dentist made me hold my mouth wide open for what seemed like hours. Due to that ordeal, I have vertical lines going down from the corners of my mouth.
in_newengland, check into microneedling. It could work very well for what you describe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 05:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I'm a male (so vanity is not limited to females), and I've had brown spots removed from my face with a laser at a plastic surgeon practice. It worked great and did not leave scars like LN2 does. It's a pretty reasonable cost too ... $250. I go in for a "touchup" about once a year.
That's what they told me - I'd probably need a touchup once a year. Mine was $125. It was done at a satellite office of my dermatologist and I felt comfortable with the procedure. It was fast too.

And right about the male thing - when I told my husband about it, he immediately said he wants to do it for some spots on his face!

Old 01-05-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've been seeing commercials for cool sculpting. Wondering if anyone has had it done on their abdomen. My daughter could use it.
I am probably going to do it. Here the first treatment would be $1200 for under my chin. Not sure if I would need a second treatment - it would be around $1000. Then supposedly that's it. It supposedly lasts a lifetime.

However, the technician did tell me that once the fat pad is removed, my skin on my neck MAY be looser. I have good elasticity to my skin but it's unpredictable and at least she was honest with me about that. She gave me some samples of a neck tightening cream that is supposed to be great but she said I may still end up needing a small lift. The thing is, if I got one WITHOUT the cool sculpting, I'd still have that little fat pocket to deal with, so who knows?

I'm nearly positive I'm going to give it a try. She said it will feel numb and weird for a few days but no swelling, no injections - I like that.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:08 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am probably going to do it. Here the first treatment would be $1200 for under my chin. Not sure if I would need a second treatment - it would be around $1000. Then supposedly that's it. It supposedly lasts a lifetime.

However, the technician did tell me that once the fat pad is removed, my skin on my neck MAY be looser. I have good elasticity to my skin but it's unpredictable and at least she was honest with me about that. She gave me some samples of a neck tightening cream that is supposed to be great but she said I may still end up needing a small lift. The thing is, if I got one WITHOUT the cool sculpting, I'd still have that little fat pocket to deal with, so who knows?

I'm nearly positive I'm going to give it a try. She said it will feel numb and weird for a few days but no swelling, no injections - I like that.
Is this a procedure you are awake for or put under? If you try it, please let us know how it goes and if it's painful. I have briefly considered this as I have a very small jawline/chin, so the least bit of weight makes me look like I have a double chin. Even when I lose the weight, the fat does not want to leave my chin area, similar to belly padding, ugh!

Old 01-05-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Is this a procedure you are awake for or put under? If you try it, please let us know how it goes and if it's painful. I have briefly considered this as I have a very small jawline/chin, so the least bit of weight makes me look like I have a double chin. Even when I lose the weight, the fat does not want to leave my chin area, similar to belly padding, ugh!
Yes, you are wide awake during this procedure and while it is very cold, it is apparently not really painful. They told me it will take about two hours total.

I am genetically predisposed to have a double chin - sort of what folks call a "waddle." It really really runs in my family down my dad's side and I got it! No matter how skinny I am, it's there. What's weird about it is that my face is basically unlined and in good shape, so there's a disparity between my face and my neck which is totally natural but I have had a couple of people assume that I've "had work done" on my face but stopped at my neck, and that's not even true!

It's not terrible at this point but I see it coming down the road. I remember my dad, my grandfather and most of his siblings when they were in their 60s - not fat but with that goofy "waddle" under their chins. I am not going to put up with that! NO WAY. I want to nip it in the bud in my 50s if possible!

Old 01-05-2019, 07:29 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:

Let us know how it works out if you do it. The commercials look promising for people with weight/ fat issues

Old 01-05-2019, 07:38 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
Quote:
Yes, you are wide awake during this procedure and while it is very cold, it is apparently not really painful. They told me it will take about two hours total.

I am genetically predisposed to have a double chin - sort of what folks call a "waddle." It really really runs in my family down my dad's side and I got it! No matter how skinny I am, it's there. What's weird about it is that my face is basically unlined and in good shape, so there's a disparity between my face and my neck which is totally natural but I have had a couple of people assume that I've "had work done" on my face but stopped at my neck, and that's not even true!

It's not terrible at this point but I see it coming down the road. I remember my dad, my grandfather and most of his siblings when they were in their 60s - not fat but with that goofy "waddle" under their chins. I am not going to put up with that! NO WAY. I want to nip it in the bud in my 50s if possible!
I just looked online and it appears that the coolsculpting risks are minimal and if you can afford it, you might as well try it to get rid of that annoying "waddle". Why does it have to be on the neck where it can easily be seen!?! How dare your ancestors pass that down, lol.

Some of the result pics are amazing. The people look so much better afterwards, I bet they love it.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:44 AM

She explained to me that we are born with a certain number of fat cells regardless of weight, and that these fat cells will not ever go away, though they can shrink down. So when you freeze them, they eventually slough off in your body and basically you pee them out.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:58 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
This is a great thread idea, Kathryn! I have several spots on my face that I wouldn’t mind being rid of. They are colorless, so not very noticeable, thickened patches, but still shouldn’t be there.

I don’t feel as though I have any disposable income for cosmetic surgery, but if I did, I’d get a nose job, and have some Botox. I would make a budget for laser hair removal, but my hair is too light, so it doesn’t work. My biggest challenge is chin hair.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
I just looked online and it appears that the coolsculpting risks are minimal and if you can afford it, you might as well try it to get rid of that annoying "waddle". Why does it have to be on the neck where it can easily be seen!?! How dare your ancestors pass that down, lol.

Some of the result pics are amazing. The people look so much better afterwards, I bet they love it.

Amen and amen! I am excited about it. Definitely going to do it but I sure do hope it "takes" in one session instead of two. The only down side is that you don't know the full effect for several weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty