Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 12:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cis_love View Post
i've had botox which helped me to stop look like i was angry/tense around my eyebrows. i've had fillers around my marrionnette lines and jowls. made a huge difference. i also use Nuface and a home microroller which i think has helped a lot w/ wrinkles and filling my face a bit more. i did cool sculpting on my stomach once and gave up when they told me i needed a least 15-20 more treatments to see visible results. ain't nobody got time for that
I was considering Nuface. If you didn't have one now would you buy it now that you know more about it?

About the brown spots. Grandma always called them beauty marks. It wasn't until later in life that I realized that these came with age lol. I prefer to keep calling them beauty marks

Last edited by petch751; 01-23-2019 at 01:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 05:20 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Well, I am pleased to report now, nearly three weeks out, that the skin on my hands and arms is clear of "wisdom marks" or "beauty marks" or "age spots" aka sun damage! Smooth and looking 20 years younger! I am definitely going to go back and get a few more treated. Wow, talk about inexpensive and effective!

My hands looked like a battlefield at first, but that's also because I scratched at them because they were itching and plus they were in front of me. I had a spot removed on my cheekbone too and I didn't touch it or scratch it and it never did look jacked up. I don't have an issue with age spots on my face (other than that one which is now completely gone) but I did have quite a few on my hands and arms. Now that the "main" ones are gone on my hands and arms, I see some more that I'd like to have removed. There were also two stubborn ones, one on each hand, that look like they might need one more zapping.

But still, compared to what I had going on before, I am absolutely thrilled with this very effective and inexpensive treatment!

Old 01-25-2019, 11:58 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,803 times
I have!

So--I've had the Cool Mini (which is the CoolSculpting, for under your chin.) It definitely removed the fat pad, although I have a LITTLE looseness of skin. I'm taking care of that, with Ultherapy--just on my neck and under chin.

I've also had botox for my TMJ, and in my forehead, 11s, and crows feet.

I also have lip fillers, but VERY slight.

Cheek fillers, as well (which helped pull up the face, and tighten it.)

I also get a monthly facial and switch it up--I've had a photofacial and I'm getting microneedling, next month. Someone said it's the Vampire Facial--it actually is NOT. That is a PRP. Micro Needling is a little different.

Also note: Cool Sculpting does indeed work, but NOT if you are overweight. ALL the documentation states that you should be within 15-20 lbs of your goal weight and still need to eat healthy, etc. It's meant to target pockets of fat that are not otherwise budging. I had such pockets over my ribs (really weird) and used it there too and it has made a HUGE difference. I am not overweight (27/28 in jeans) but have random pockets, since hitting my 30s. If you want to remove more fat than that, or are heavier, Cool Sculpting is NOT worth it and you should go with lipo.

Next up, along with the Ultherapy, is most likely a breast reduction (while I'm small waisted and hipped, my chest is a 34G. It's out of control and has only gotten larger as I age.) I've already been approved via insurance, but am still checking out doctors and debating if I want to pay cash so I can more fully control the outcome (insurance has requirements of grams to remove, etc.)

On top of all of this, I have a meticulous skin care and workout regimen. I also see a derm, at least once a year.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:59 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
I saw a lady in her 40s who had her eyelids done..........the shape and symmetry was absolutely perfect, looked like a teenagers eyes.

But, WOW, the scars on her eyelids when she blinked, LOL. I wonder if it was a newer surgery and the scars were fresh...........should have asked her!

Old 01-26-2019, 06:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I saw a lady in her 40s who had her eyelids done..........the shape and symmetry was absolutely perfect, looked like a teenagers eyes.

But, WOW, the scars on her eyelids when she blinked, LOL. I wonder if it was a newer surgery and the scars were fresh...........should have asked her!
ticky they must have been fresh. I had an upper bleph and yes there were scars, it took time to go away. It was the best thing I've done because my eyelids were so heavy it made me tired. So I got a 2-fer. I wish I had the lower bleph while I was at it. My healthcare insurance paid for the upper bleph because it was determined that the eyelid drooping was enough to reduce peripheral vision.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:53 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That is so good to know!

I am thrilled to pieces with my hands - they look GREAT. I am so happy about all that! They looked really rough for a few days. I told my husband, "Get ready to look rough if you get much zapped on your face!"

I think men can be more vain than women!
Mine really didn't look that bad. Nothing I couldn't cover with makeup. The skin discolorations (i.e brown spots, age spots, freckles, etc) turn black and fall off. I wish I had known about it sooner. I had stuff that drove me nuts for years that was finally gone.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Mine really didn't look that bad. Nothing I couldn't cover with makeup. The skin discolorations (i.e brown spots, age spots, freckles, etc) turn black and fall off. I wish I had known about it sooner. I had stuff that drove me nuts for years that was finally gone.
Oh I know why it looked bad on my hands - I guess because we wash our hands a lot, they itched if they got the slightest bit dry and I scratched the dry, dark spots. I didn't do that on my face and it didn't look bad at all. (I just had one spot removed on my face.)

I am going to go back and have a few more spots removed because I am so thrilled with the results!

Probably going to book that Mini Cool Sculpting thing under my chin - we'll see. By that I mean later this year or even next year - I have got to get this expensive eye surgery done right now and that's about $11,000 out of pocket. Sheeze!

Old 01-26-2019, 01:57 PM

250 posts, read 182,097 times
It's been close a month since my first Cool Sculpt. Yes, it does work! I'm quite pleased with the results so far. I go back for my second round this coming Wednesday.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperdiva View Post
It's been close a month since my first Cool Sculpt. Yes, it does work! I'm quite pleased with the results so far. I go back for my second round this coming Wednesday.
This is good to hear - thank you!

I didn't feel pressured or whatever by the aesthetician who was helping me with options. She was pretty matter of fact actually. She didn't seem to be worried about whether or not it would work for me. She did discuss the risk of having some loose skin that I might have to address after the Cool Sculpting but she said that was just a possibility, not a probability.

So we'll see.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:11 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
I've been doing Botox every 3 months for the past couple of years.

I've done lip fillers in the past, but haven't done them in well over a year. Same with cheek bone fillers and some fillers for laugh lines.

I was scheduled for a breast reduction back in 1999 (at the age of 24), but canceled the week prior to surgery. My husband, then boyfriend, talked me out of it. I plan on meeting with a specific plastic surgeon this year to discuss a BR and TT...hopefully to be performed this summer.

I plan on discussing Ultherapy and other facial procedures (laser, etc.) with my facial plastic surgeon as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty