Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 12:04 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Please keep us updated on your progress, especially if you go ahead with the coolsculpture. I am in my late 50's and my complaints about my appearance (besides about 25 extra pounds I need to shed) are EXACTLY the same as yours. A few age spots ( prefer to call them "sun spots") on my face and my genetically inherited double chin and "jowls" that are starting to form.

My mother had the "fat pad" you are talking about removed about 25 years ago and even in her 80's now, she has absolutely no sagging under her neck or double chin. But she also had a complete face lift a few years prior to that, something I cannot afford to do.
Girl, believe me, I will keep you posted. So far, 24 hours after the zapping, my sun spots (they ARE sun damage) are significantly darker - in fact, they look terrible actually - and they are visibly drying up, so I expect them to flake off within a few days or so just as the aesthetician told me they would.

I am scared to get a face lift - not saying I won't but the idea does scare me, so I'm more than willing to try this coolsculpting first. Not sure when I'll do it but it will be sometime this year, probably the first half of the year.

My MIL was a beautiful woman and she had that very thin skin that so many natural blondes have. She had fine features and was a small build too. I never knew it till she told me when she was about 80, but she had a complete face lift when she was in her 60s. Apparently it "held" well because though she did look like an elderly woman of course at age 80, she had really pretty skin on her face, and appeared younger than her years. So I'm not saying I'll never do it, but it will be after I try other less intense options first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I’ve had and recommend the photo facial. After living in Phoenix, I was getting brown patches along with redness. The photo facial cleaned that up nicely and added collagen. My skin tone still looks much better after several years. Pass on the Juvederm lip filler, I liked the look, but it only lasted about a year and I don’t like needles. Several friends like botox but I have zero interest in trying it.

The vampire facials which are micro needling, look interesting and may give one a try in the future. They are about encouraging your own collagen to work for you which gives better results than a filler. It involves needles but not super invasive. If only they could invent a lazer to zap moles, I had some removed from my face and that shot hurt! But the results are worth it.
I am considering that microneedling - it looks very interesting! And pretty non invasive as you say. Very few possible complications and I heal nicely and quickly so that's good. I plan to ask about that for my neck area when I go back and find out more about the coolsculpting.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Nice treat to give yourself K.A. Sometimes life warrants that little pick me up.

Had Botox.. (migraines) so ...my scowl lines seemed to be less intense.

Not sure if there is a non evasive procedure for saggy baggies under the eyes...but that's on my list. Cucumbers ...and Prep H...aren't really a good combo ...
LOL I've always heard that Prep H is good for under the eyes!

My husband is very opposed to Botox, and I only have the beginning of wrinkles on my brow, not enough to worry about and I wear bangs anyway. But if he wasn't so scared of Botox I'd probably do it on my forehead.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:12 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,410,827 times
I had a facial rejuvenation procedure (chemical, no surgery) at this facility 25 years ago. I am in my 80's now and still look much younger. I was very happy with the long term results. I have sagging of the lower face now but forehead is still quite smooth. Too old to do any more procedures now. I am very hesitant about posting this as I don't want to recommend any particular doctor or clinic but I don't know if there are any other doctors or clinics that do this particular procedure. I stayed at the clinic about 10 days as there is a healing process involved and for the first several days your face is pretty much immobilized by the crusty "mask" that remains until everything sloughs off.

Cosmetic procedures have come a long way in the last 25 years with many new innovations so this may not be for everyone.

https://www.villaofyouth.com/index.p...d=32&Itemid=33

Old 01-05-2019, 02:47 PM

50,178 posts, read 63,636,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Nice treat to give yourself K.A. Sometimes life warrants that little pick me up.

Had Botox.. (migraines) so ...my scowl lines seemed to be less intense.

Not sure if there is a non evasive procedure for saggy baggies under the eyes...but that's on my list. Cucumbers ...and Prep H...aren't really a good combo ...
Plexiderm really works. The only problem is the plunger dispenser dried out before the product was used up. I hope if I stick a wire in there, it will unclog.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:31 PM

4,850 posts, read 3,626,344 times
Breast reduction, tummy tuck and full face-lift, neck-lift upper eyelid tuck. All done at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.

Very pleased after 20 years.

Kicking around another face-lift and neck-lift, brow lift and some resurfacing.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:06 PM

14,263 posts, read 11,573,591 times
I've always been on the thin side and as I get older (now 49 1/2), I am losing any residual subcutaneous fat I ever had. I don't have a big problem under my chin; my issue is the jowls that I'm getting as my cheeks slowly slide down. It's definitely genetic as my dad and his mother had exactly the same condition. I really hate this and am considering doing "something," don't know what yet. And maybe get a little work on my eyelids at the same time. It's amazing how these little things make one look so old and decrepit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am genetically predisposed to have a double chin - sort of what folks call a "waddle."
Psst...it's called a "wattle." Waddle is what a duck does; wattles are what a turkey has.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:52 PM

15,209 posts, read 10,238,419 times
I’ve lost 35 pounds in the last three years which is great except when you’re 64 the skin doesn’t bounce back as quickly. I would love a mini facelift and my neck done.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:14 PM

23,973 posts, read 32,296,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, so today, the price was right so I got some "age spots" aka "wisdom marks" (please!) zapped on my hands and one on my cheek. Supposedly they will flake off over the next few weeks so we'll see. I am contemplating coolscupture for my chin - I am genetically predisposed to a double chin and a crepey neck. The coolscupture won't address wrinkles but it will remove the fat pad (which is definitely there) so who knows.

Have you had anything "done" and if so, what would you recommend and what would you avoid like the plague? (Ie, botox - LOL!)

Yes! I have. In fact, this Christmas, Botox (and filler) was one of my "gifts".

It's not my first time, but I haven't done it for a while. I am very pleased. I am going to keep up with it now. With Botox and various fillers, the effect is cumulative and the more regularly you have the procedure done, the less damage occurs in the future.

I look less tired, less worried and very refreshed. I had my "eleven" Botoxed and filled. The filler takes 3-9 years to dissipate. Frequent use improves the situation.

As I age, I intend to have minor tune ups along the way. To me, it's no different from maintaining your house or car.

I have not had any thing "invasive' done yet, but my mind and purse are open.

Having moved from the NYC metro area, to NE Ohio, I am amazed at the difference in cost! It's HUGE. My first Botox injections were on my 50th birthday - 11 years ago, in NYC.

Last month I paid LESS for the same thing. I am very happy with this doctor, and I'd recomend him to anyone.

KathrynAragon, I LOVE the idea of Cool Sculpture. I think it is less invasive than lipo, and works well for large areas. It makes physiological and medical sense. It is not as fast as lipo, but it is almost as effective.

Two of my friends are entertainers in NY, and each came to OH to have their double chins liposuctioned. They are at their right weight, but as they passed the "Big 5-0", each developed a fat collection under their chins.

Each are happy with their results. Neither were put under general anesthesia, and it was relativly inexpensive here, as opposed to NYC.

The most expensive places to have any cosmetic procedure done are most of California, the NYC metro area, the Dallas-Ft.Worth metro area, South Florida, and I think, Atlanta GA.

Least expensive, off the top of my head; are Ohio, and Arkansas. There are other inexpensive areas, but those are the ones that I thought of, where the standard of training and expertise seem good, and they are not far from near by costly areas.

In short, for such a small area, I'd go with lipo over Coolsculpt. One day and it is gone.

I have had body wraps for special occasions when I needed to wear very body con clothes. The wrap I had employed cold packs. I was pleased with the results each time.

I think Cool Sculpt is in my future. Ditto, removal of a small dark spot on my upper left cheekbone. I am told that is a result of many years of driving

Would be very interested in seeing "before" and "after" pictures.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:31 PM

I will definitely post before and after pictures!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty