Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 06:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In clinical studies, cryolipolysis was shown to reduce subcutaneous fat at the treatment site by up to 25% after one treatment. Improvements were seen in 86% of treated subjects. At 73%, the patient satisfaction rate is higher than with other technologies used for noninvasive lipolysis. Cryolipolysis has been proven to be a very safe method for body contouring, and is accomplished with only minimal discomfort.
Quote:
Although no procedure has been accepted as the gold standard for noninvasive body contouring as yet, cryolipolysis is considered to be both safe and efficient with a high patient satisfaction rate.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4079633/

Another good article:
https://www.healthline.com/health/coolsculpting-chin

Neither of these articles are from a source affiliated with cool sculpting or making any money from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 01:23 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,213 times
I had some liposuction done to replace fat on my breast after a mastectomy and reconstruction and the recovery was really painful. I felt like I'd been bashed around in the stomach for about 12 rounds and it took well over a week to feel like I could walk properly. And that was just a "lite" amount of fat removal (insurance won't pay if they take more than is necessary).

Old 01-12-2019, 07:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Update!

After a rough few days (having these "sun spots" aka "age spots") zapped via laser was pretty uncomfortable in the chair - not agony but definitely uncomfortable - and then the spots hurt for a few days afterward. Not agony, once again, but definitely uncomfortable. I admit - I made it worse on a few larger spots by picking at them. Anyway, now it's been a week, and I am very, very pleased and the spots continue to dry up, flake off, etc.

My hands have been itchy the past couple of days, which I take as a good sign of healing. They still look sort of like a war zone though. A few days ago it looked like I had psoriasis but today it just looks like I have some very dark freckles on my arms.

I think it has helped that every day I really scrub my hands and arms with soap and a rough wash cloth, and then rub almond oil in at night.

I think by this time next week - which would be two weeks after the procedure - everything will be resolved. I'll update. Today is the first day that I'd say my hands actually look better than they did before the procedure.

Like I said, I also had a spot removed on my cheekbone. It's generally covered by my hair which is in an asymmetrical bob sort of cut that swings down over that side, so I haven't paid much attention to that one even, and have resisted the temptation (unlike on my hands) to scratch and try to flake off the spot. That spot is completely gone, which is pretty amazing! But the ones on my hands were deeper I think.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
At age 50, I had a lower face-lift including lipo of the "turkey wattle" (see, I can spell it right now!), which was the main thing that bothered me. The doc recommended the upper and lower eyelift even though I didn't think I needed it -- he said he could see my lids were starting to fold over. My forehead is smooth so nothing needed up top.

One of the best things I ever did! Definitely took at least ten years off. The turkey wattle area was never quite as smooth as I would have liked, but not really that noticeable unless looking at myself in a mirror from under my chin. I had the start of jowling and that was removed too. It's now 19 years and I'd like to get it tightened back up again, but a little afraid of having that "wide-mouth" look that women get after their second procedure.

The eyelids have really hung in there and still look pretty good! What I would like to do now is investigate fillers for my sunken cheeks and the marionette lines coming down from my mouth. Also for the lines above my top lip. If I had the money and could endure the pain, I'd get a tummy tuck, lipo of my hips and a Brazilian butt lift, but I'm sure that's not in the cards at my age. Plus I've seen pictures of the results on older white ladies and they certainly don't turn out looking like a Kardashian. I've seen a real decline in my shape since age 60 -- that matronly shape now. But, that's what Spanx are for.

Personally, I think you should go ahead and get the lower facelift rather than possibily spend 2 grand and still need it later, but that's just me.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:53 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
My Mom had a breast reduction in the 70s. She was very happy with it. The thing I noticed, though, was that as she got older and her weight redistributed due to menopause, her stomach looked bigger because she didn't have the boobs to balance it out on top. Now my stomach (which was always totally flat until after 60) is doing the same thing, so I'll just keep the boobs and hoist them up with a heavy-duty bra.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:20 AM

250 posts, read 181,958 times
I had Coolsculpting on my belly 2 weeks ago and I already notice a difference, so it does work.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:38 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,230 times
I've had cool sculpting and it was very painful and did not work for me.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
A few years ago, I got rid of a few of those miserable age spots with Compound W. It worked so well, I knew I was going to tackle some on my legs one winter, and this was it! October was the perfect time, witth clothing covering everything up lol.

It's definitely a cheap fix, but it's effective.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:42 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
A few years ago, I got rid of a few of those miserable age spots with Compound W. It worked so well, I knew I was going to tackle some on my legs one winter, and this was it! October was the perfect time, witth clothing covering everything up lol.

It's definitely a cheap fix, but it's effective.

There are several formulas of Compound W, please share which one you used.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
There are several formulas of Compound W, please share which one you used.

A few years ago, I noticed what looked like a "cluster" of age spots above my right eyebrow--looked lke 3 running together. I couldn't stand looking at it (or them) anymore, so I started shopping for Compound W (I remember back in the '70s, an older coworker saying she'd used this for "liver spots" on her hands--I listened with half an ear because I was a kid in my 20s then lol).

I got the gel, (in a little tube) because I was concerned about it running into my eye, even with my eyebrow there. So...I applied it to cover the spot, then let dry, undisturbed, naturally. At this point it'll turn white. It's better to let it flake off naturally, but it can be helped along. That's what I did the next day, which revealed pinkish skin where the spots had been. It "healed" quickly, and they never returned.

I did the same thing last fall (few months ago) on my legs. I couldn't find the tube of gel, and it was sold out at Walmart, so I got the bottle of liquid with brush applicator. That worked well, too. I let the CW stay on those for a few days. Some of the spots turned purple, almost black. When that dead skin was gone, so were the age spots.

So...I know what my age spots look like. This isn't to be used for anything else! Apply the CW at night, and let dry before bed. That way, you've got a good 7-8 hours for it to work. The longer it's on, the better. Fall/winter is a good time, because you're covered up. If, for example, I did this in the summer, I'd apply sunscreen to the"new" skin, and shield it from the sun.

I haven't had any spots (yet) on my hands or arms, but I keep looking. Because I'd definitely use the CW, and I'd rather keep up with it and do one or two at a time lol.

P.S. Don't use the "freeze off" type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty