Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 08:17 PM

7,328 posts, read 12,366,689 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, have there any been shifts in your fashion preferences in the past few years?

I do know that in Spring 2016 I was buying more pique polos while in Spring 2018 I was buying more interlock, including one in my favorite shade of pink (I really think that particular color looks very flattering in an interlock knit, making me feel like an innocent male fairy, plus it replaced a previous interlock polo in the same color that was damaged by bleach). In Spring 2016 I bought only two interlock polos while I focused mostly on pique, while I bought a lot more in Spring 2018. For Spring 2019 I bought both a pique and an interlock polo so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 11:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,925,903 times
Yes and no. I am prioritizing slightly different things as I have evolved and gotten older.

The themes I have noticed in my choices:
No more skinny heels - even my beloved kitten heels. The don’t survive walking and I don’t drive much anymore. I hate scratching a heel.

If I am picking a staple or basic item, I look for an intersting detail. Otherwise it is too plain and I don’t want to wear it.

The new questions I ask before I buy:
Can I bike in this?
Could I walk a mile in these shoes?
Are these transit friendly shoes?
Does this purse have multiple carrying options? Multiple types of wearing ocassions (bye bye too small to be practical evening bags)
Will this bag hold my necessities and a reusable bag?

And this year’s aspirations are to be a bit more discerning about the prints I pick out. I tend to like prints. Almlst any as lomg as they are in the right color palette. But some don’t really match up with my own goals on the style I want to project. I may have gotten the item because it is comfy or something. So I am embarking on a closet clean out, and I am going to get rid of anything that doesn’t fit my print palette, has fabric that doesn’t feel luxurious or is too plain. And I am going to just splurge on the things I have been pondering for years and get rid of the cheap wannabes I got in prior years.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:04 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,057,910 times
Yes, definitely. I used to buy heels, but in most everyday life, I don’t wear them enough to justify having so many pairs. I also used to buy a ton of jeans. Now I hardly wear those unless their a special color like grey. I decided I’m better off sticking with an easy wear, classic style with basic colors and occasionally different ones, than a bunch of cute clothes I don’t really wear. I wear fewer prints, more stripes, and solids.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:24 PM

16,428 posts, read 12,552,215 times
How many different ways can you possibly find to start threads so you can talk about your pink polos???

Old 02-02-2019, 07:53 PM

7,328 posts, read 12,366,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
How many different ways can you possibly find to start threads so you can talk about your pink polos???
Last year I bought interlock polos in several colors, including green, blue, and purple.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,672 posts, read 18,045,481 times
No.

My taste in buying clothing has remained steadfast to quality clothing, which has shifted dramatically to what's available.

What I want, is pretty, flattering clothing, in nice colors, and nice, well-produced fabrics.

I want my new clothing to look new, and not used and torn.

What is available is ugly colors, thin fabrics, unflattering cuts of clothing, polyester, sometimes ripped and torn, and things that will almost disappear when you wash them the first time even though you bought them high dollar from Macy's.

Is there some reason we can't get back pretty clothing in flattering patterns and colors? And clothing that looks brand new?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:57 PM

16,428 posts, read 12,552,215 times
Were going to have to get the mods to rename this forum the “Fairy Tale Pink Izod Polo” forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty