Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 10:28 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,827,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So recently, I was shopping for tops.

There are a LOT of tops I really liked, but they either were sheer across the shoulders, or thin lace across the shoulders, or had big gaps in the back where there's no way you could wear a bra and not have the straps or bra back seen.

What's the deal? What do people do in that situation? The fabric is sheer enough that it would be very obvious if you were in a chill wind, so not like denim where going without a bra wouldn't be a big deal.

In the cut open back, even a strapless bra (uncomfortable!) would be seen.

Who wears those? Who designs them? I guess the people who design white pants/capris that you can see through.

Maybe wear the same color bra as garment? I know what you mean though....and yep, only thick white pants for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 10:30 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,414,424 times
What is the point of it? It's not necessary.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:58 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,197,481 times
If she was a Kardashian - she'd just have done the whole video in her Bra and gotten like a billion more hits. The public loves tacky.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:53 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,706,493 times
I like that OP posted this because tbh I didnt think anything of the girl in video. Girls with boobs will show she has boobs regardless of what she wears and sweaters tend to be less forgiving. Its interesting to see everyone's comment and to realize the world is still very conservative

As a big chested I often find it hard to gauge if I am wearing something wrong or right. There has been many instance where I thought I was dresses fine n then mid day in different light I notice that top us not acceptable. I hVe to pay extra attention n sometimes I just say F** it, cant be bothered being good girl

Old 03-06-2019, 08:04 AM

922 posts, read 789,510 times
I think any time underwear is showing is tacky. I blame Madonna for teaching a whole generation to wear their bras outside of their tops.

What really makes me shake my head are women who wear tube tops over their bra with the bra straps displayed for all the world to see. If your breasts are too big to go without a bra in a tube top, perhaps you shouldn't be wearing tube tops in the first place.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:41 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,563,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Depends on where you are going, and if it seems intentional, and you pick the right bra.

For work - that's not good.

If you are going out, or it is the weekend, and you pick something with contrasting or coordinating straps, it can work.

Ita....it depends on the event & what you're wearing. You coordinate it IMO......or layer with a cami or spaghetti strap sports bra. Cheap is cheap & tacky is tacky BUT.....you can easily turn it into something softer & fashionable....for casual wear only tho.

Showing bras with a formal dress or for work.......a big fashion no no.....unless you work on YT.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty