Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 02:35 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times

Advertisements

My #1 pick for North America is Montreal. New York would be #2 as I find it a little too "the Smiths vs the Jones" for my liking. I prefer both the classy and the care-free, spirited, artistic Parisienne flare that is distinctive of Montreal styles. https://www.kraywoods.com/blogs/our-...fashion-trends

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 04:35 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Fubu yes, probably early 2000s.
But people were definitely wearing baggy jeans until at least 2006, until skinny jeans became very popular a year or two later.
I really miss when men kept a little extra room in their jeans.. These skin tight weirdos ain't cuttin it for me.

Old 12-04-2020, 04:38 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Anyone I've seen attempt that gets laughed at, by both, people their age, and the younger kids (who have coined the term "old heads" specifically for that.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=Old%20Head
Give me an old head any day of the week.

These young kids have zero fashion sense today. Straight bummy!

Old 12-04-2020, 06:44 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,335,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
My #1 pick for North America is Montreal. New York would be #2 as I find it a little too "the Smiths vs the Jones" for my liking. I prefer both the classy and the care-free, spirited, artistic Parisienne flare that is distinctive of Montreal styles. https://www.kraywoods.com/blogs/our-...fashion-trends

Fair opinion, but that is your preference for Montreal style, that doesn't make Montreal a fashion capital.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:04 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Fair opinion, but that is your preference for Montreal style, that doesn't make Montreal a fashion capital.
That which was shown on that website I posted was an example of my preference for styles in general, yes, not just Montreal styles. Preferences are a matter of individual opinions and you and I both have our different opinions so I won't quibble and nit-pick over your opinions.

However, you are incorrect in saying Montreal is not a fashion capital. Putting our personal fashion preferences aside, the question asked was about the top 10 fashion capitals of North America, it's not just about the fashion capitals of only the United States which seems to have become the focus of this discussion. The United States is only one out of 23 countries in North America. So although Montreal isn't in the United States it absolutely, indisputably IS one of the top fashion capitals in North America. So is Mexico City for that matter.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:09 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,335,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That which was shown on that website I posted was an example of my preference for styles in general, yes, not just Montreal styles. Preferences are a matter of individual opinions and you and I both have our different opinions so I won't quibble and nit-pick over your opinions.

However, you are incorrect in saying Montreal is not a fashion capital. Putting our personal fashion preferences aside, the question asked was about the top 10 fashion capitals of North America, it's not just about the fashion capitals of only the United States which seems to have become the focus of this discussion. The United States is only one out of 23 countries in North America. So although Montreal isn't in the United States it absolutely, indisputably IS one of the top fashion capitals in North America. So is Mexico City for that matter.

I should have said it doesn't make Montreal the #1 fashion capital ahead of New York City.

Yes, Montreal is one of the main fashion centers of North America, but not #1.

Old 12-10-2020, 02:18 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'd go with these:

(I don't know if these cities all have "fashion weeks" though)
NYC
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
DC

Dallas
Austin
Boston
San Francisco

Toronto
Vancouver
couple others...
Miami
Portland, Oregon
Chicago

I would have just about said this list too...everything I bolded plus Atlanta & would have to think about the 10th.

Old 12-10-2020, 08:45 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I would have just about said this list too...everything I bolded plus Atlanta & would have to think about the 10th.

Big cities that have a lot of fashion are totally different than fashion capitals. A capital means it has the most influence on international fashion trends & design AND production. In fashion New York, Paris, Milan & London are basically the "capitals". So to the O.P.s question... NYC ofc.

edit: HA to Portland, Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas & Austin tho.....AND Sf!

Last edited by TashaPosh; 12-10-2020 at 09:46 AM..

Old 12-10-2020, 08:50 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
NYC for fall/winter fashion, Miami for spring/summer fashion.

Old 12-11-2020, 01:37 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,864 times
NYC
Los Angeles
Montreal
(add your favorite city here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty