Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Make-up or jewelry?
Make-up 36 41.86%
jewelry 50 58.14%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 01:11 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times

Advertisements

Jewellery doesnt matter to me at all.. I wear silver bangles that Ive had for 20 odd years a gift.... and two silver rings.. so it wouldnt bother me to lose them.... mascara and eye liner though is different. cant go out without it on.. probably no one else notices but I do.. it wakes my face up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 12:10 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
I stopped wearing makeup 10 years ago and don't miss it. I only ever wore a touch of eye makeup anyway. However, I've had a passion for gem stones since I was a toddler, I even like to make jewelry and have been doing so for more than 40 years, so I can't foresee me ever giving up wearing my gems and other kinds of jewelry.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:34 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Jewelry. I wear very little, and not every day. I don't wear much make-up, but I feel better about my appearance when I do.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:51 PM

24,519 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Make up! I have an excessive amount of jewelry given to me by a generous spouse with an eye for good pieces. Have not worn a ring since I could not get the wedding band on in church:>) Every piece has a story - a story how he found it, some how he paid for it, some have long stories going back to my parents and some past The Trail of Tears.

Threestep used to be Twostep after a very special cat in our lives. A tiny fuzzy tortoise who was voice trained and our ray of sunshine for many years. I hear SO pull into the garage, phone rings and I am my business polite on a headset, Twostep dashes from the garage towards the garden like hell on wheels, credit card folks want to verify a purchase, yes a big ticket at the liquor store as it is our anniversary party tonight. He almost dropped the mike before trying to verify the other purchase which was around Twostep's neck. We still chuckle about her having a very sparkly collar. Every time I wear it I tear up.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:59 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,680,944 times
I'm a jewelry junkie but don't wear it so much since retirement. But, by dammit, don't take away my makeup!

Old 02-25-2019, 06:10 AM

11 posts, read 7,232 times
I can easily give up on both)))))

Old 06-10-2020, 08:14 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
I got married on January 1 and for my birthday on February 5 my MIL bought me a LARGE Mary Kay makeup set. I was so offended. I had just bought all new makeup for my wedding. I asked her to return it and she declined. I thought she was telling me I needed to change/grow up

Turned out my husband had asked her to get it for me bcause now that we are married he thinks I should wear more makeup.

I felt terrible that I had offended her by being offended when it was his fault.

I would NEVER give anyone makeup as a gift unless they specifically asked for it, like maybe a gift certificate. NEVER.

I divorced that turkey but still have a good relationship with my MIL

Old 06-10-2020, 08:40 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,360 times
I wear very little makeup anyway, but I feel naked without my jewelry.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
I don't feel put together without wearing earrings, even though I'm not a huge jewellery girl. But I go bare-faced as often as I can, so I'd give up makeup (and mostly have) before I'd entirely give up jewellery. Jewellery can be a big fashion statement and add a lot to an outfit; whereas with makeup, less is more, imo.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:28 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
I can't think of the last time I wore makeup but I wear (pierced) earrings every time I go out. I must have over 50 pairs, most bought for $.75 or less on Ebay (with free shipping). It's about the only "flair" I can wear - bracelets and necklaces are a no-go at my volunteer job, they would get in the way. I used to wear a few extra rings but took them off to facilitate hand washing with this covid. And now with masks, I am restricted to stud earrings as the dangly kind get tangled up in the elastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty