Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 06:37 PM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure why you wouldn't wear clothes from just 3 years back, or so. Most everything I have are "favorite" items. If something's in my closet, I'll wear it. I have a few items from 20 years back that I still wear, and they still look contemporary, like a Diane Von Furstenberg wool tweed jacket (actually part of a suit, but the matching skirt is too narrow in style for me, though narrow skirts are back in). Some things are timeless.

I think what you're getting at, is what Oprah meant, when she did a show on "going shopping in your own closet". IOW, take a look at everything you have, and cycle back into your active wardrobe some of the items you might have forgotten about.

...something like that. Styles don't change that fast, anyway. Whatever you have that's 3 or 4 years old will still be current. Enjoy! Get jiggy with it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 06:48 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm not sure why you wouldn't wear clothes from just 3 years back, or so. Most everything I have are "favorite" items. If something's in my closet, I'll wear it. I have a few items from 20 years back that I still wear, and they still look contemporary, like a Diane Von Furstenberg wool tweed jacket (actually part of a suit, but the matching skirt is too narrow in style for me, though narrow skirts are back in). Some things are timeless.

I think what you're getting at, is what Oprah meant, when she did a show on "going shopping in your own closet". IOW, take a look at everything you have, and cycle back into your active wardrobe some of the items you might have forgotten about.

...something like that. Styles don't change that fast, anyway. Whatever you have that's 3 or 4 years old will still be current. Enjoy! Get jiggy with it!
I do consider 2015 and 2016 to be different eras as far as IZOD goes. 2016-present is a more innovative era, with more focus on desirable features rather than basic styles, but maintaining the true IZOD spirit. This has in fact helped IZOD regain some of its lost popularity from 2013-2015.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:44 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm not sure why you wouldn't wear clothes from just 3 years back, or so. Most everything I have are "favorite" items.
I think the O.P. was asking about clothes you haven't worn in awhile & you are thinking about taking them out. Lots of us still wear some of our clothes from 3 yrs ago....favorite items don't count cause that would not be something you haven't worn in awhile...& thinking about wearing again...

Old 03-03-2019, 10:15 AM

1,781 posts, read 1,206,292 times
I don't "think about" my clothes. I wash, wear, or trash/donate them.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:43 PM

A few weeks ago I wore the two Nautica shirts, and today I wore one of the IZOD Spring 2015 Fairy Tale shirts.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:57 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Well, now that it's March and spring is (theoretically) three weeks away, I've been thinking about my short pants which I haven't worn in a while. I am thinking about wearing them again, but with a snowstorm (OK, not really a "storm" but 5 inches forecasted) maybe not just yet.

I am also thinking about my sandals which I haven't worn since about the last time I wore shorts.

Does that count?

Old 03-03-2019, 05:36 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Just bagged clothes to donate....so rearranged the rest and found some items I'll be looking forward to wearing this summer.

Kept thinking "does this item of clothing bring me joy?"

That made it easy to toss items I hadn't worn in a year or so...the hardest thing to get rid of is clothing that is in perfect condition, but for whatever reason, I don't wear it...

Old 03-09-2019, 03:24 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
I'm thinking of buying and wearing softer cut shirts, like poet shirts with long loose sleeves and lace cuffs, midi bias cut skirts, and looser hair styles. I can't quite get into ruffles and bows, but am enjoying the resurgence of soft, feminine styles I'm seeing for next fall. after wearing mostly tailored clothing for a long while, the change will be nice.

Old 03-09-2019, 03:30 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times
"...are there any clothes you haven't worn in a while you are thinking about wearing again? "

yes.
i have lots of "dress" clothes, that i do not wear, since it is mostly "business casual" now.
so, when i mow the yard, or paint the bathroom, or do anything which might permanently
stain the clothing, i wear those dress clothes. i am the best-dressed painter ever.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm thinking of buying and wearing softer cut shirts, like poet shirts with long loose sleeves and lace cuffs, midi bias cut skirts, and looser hair styles. I can't quite get into ruffles and bows, but am enjoying the resurgence of soft, feminine styles I'm seeing for next fall. after wearing mostly tailored clothing for a long while, the change will be nice.
Seems like even men's button-down casual shirts are going towards softer, lower maintenance fabrics. I compared my pink IZOD button-down shirts from Spring 2015 vs. Spring 2018, the ones from Spring 2015 are more rigid in feel, while the Spring 2018 ones have a softer feel and slight natural stretch. I think the trend is to have clothes that require less maintenance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty