Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 06:41 PM

39 posts, read 31,554 times

Advertisements

Any success stories with powdered collagen? Not so interested in good nails and joint, more interested in youthfulness of my skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappytobeinTroy View Post
Any success stories with powdered collagen? Not so interested in good nails and joint, more interested in youthfulness of my skin.
There is no fountain of youth in a jar or plastic container but to look your best take a holistic approach. Collagen (bone broth) is only one part of my arsenal along with good skin care, eating healthy and exercise.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:59 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Fountain of youth = intermittent fasting/autophagy fasting

Old 02-18-2019, 08:00 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
All this anxiety, energy, effort, and money wasted on preventing the inevitable. You could cash all that in and go enjoy your life instead. Happier people tend to live longer and they don't particularly care how they look.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:38 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
It will be just as effective as any other goop you spread on your skin.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:40 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,126,163 times
I can tell you that when I upped my collagen intake with supplements, my skin started breaking out. In my 50s. I couldn't figure out why it was suddenly happening and I had read someone's comment on a message board. She was being shred apart for saying it too... as no one listed it as a side effect. But the several of us were experiencing it. I stopped taking it and my skin cleared up.
I can say that I always get the most compliments on my skin when I'm sticking to a low carb diet (long term, not a short stint). I presume it's the lack of sugar and refined flours.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:28 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Save your money. Tried it in the past, expensive did NOTHING.

Now, a lot of people won't want to hear this, but the absolute best thing for your skin is.....(drumroll)......
NOTHING. Yes, NOTHING. As in - no soaps, creams, exfoliants, oils, etc. The only exception to this is a spritzing of true rosewater hydrosol. My routine is to get up and spritz distilled water (mixed with a bit of hydrosol) on my face and that's it - no scrubbing, washing etc. I am nearly 70 and have only a few faint lines, and my skin has a glowing texture. Of course it is important to have a healthy lifestyle -NO smoking, heavy drinking etc. and get a bit of sun and fresh air, lots of water, sleep. Now I do not wear foundation or powder - I do not need it. If one wears a lot of makeup, it will be difficult to remove without some cleanser, but in that case I would recommend a touch of argan oil or one of those scrub mitts that only use water.

Everyone wants to buy an instant fix, but it ain't out there.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:35 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Save your money. Tried it in the past, expensive did NOTHING.

Now, a lot of people won't want to hear this, but the absolute best thing for your skin is.....(drumroll)......
NOTHING. Yes, NOTHING. As in - no soaps, creams, exfoliants, oils, etc. The only exception to this is a spritzing of true rosewater hydrosol. My routine is to get up and spritz distilled water (mixed with a bit of hydrosol) on my face and that's it - no scrubbing, washing etc. I am nearly 70 and have only a few faint lines, and my skin has a glowing texture. Of course it is important to have a healthy lifestyle -NO smoking, heavy drinking etc. and get a bit of sun and fresh air, lots of water, sleep. Now I do not wear foundation or powder - I do not need it. If one wears a lot of makeup, it will be difficult to remove without some cleanser, but in that case I would recommend a touch of argan oil or one of those scrub mitts that only use water.

Everyone wants to buy an instant fix, but it ain't out there.
I hate to dispute this but, living in a dry climate at high altitude, moisturizer and sunscreen are musts unless having a face resembling shoe leather is the goal.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:29 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
It’s genetics - I’m half Italian and every woman in my family looks much younger than their age. We’re talking 50/60 year olds who are mistaken for being in their 30’s/40’s.. I am in my 50’s and have no wrinkles/lines and have had no dermatology/plastic surgery treatments.

It’s the luck of genetics, healthy drinking/eating, no smoking, and obsessive avoidance of sun... I have worn face sunscreen, wide brimmed hats, and sunglasses in the sun my entire life, and have taught my daughter to do the same. I have combo/oily skin and have always scrubbed my face (not eye area) with a cleanser/soap and wash cloth (just like my mom and grandmother always did and they had great skin too). I apply a night moisturizer only around eye, neck, and mouth area and wear a daily tinted sunscreen all over face/neck. I also never sleep on any part of my face and don’t really show a lot of expression on my face (e.g. anger) so that probably helps with avoiding wrinkles too.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:39 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Gypsy, yours is definitely genetics and the fact that we live in a climate with year round high humidity.

I drink collagen in my coffee daily and can definitely tell a difference.

I also use a good serum, facial oil, and a good moisturizer.

I also exfolliate daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty