U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 21,058 times

Advertisements

I was just leafing through an Avon catalog with all these different anti-wrinkle creams wondering if anything actually does minimize fine lines. I refuse to do Botox. After reading about some guy becoming paralyzed when he went to fix a little frown line it kind of freaked me out. I don't have wrinkles, but I have the beginning of some teeny tiny smile lines around my mouth that I would like to either keep teeny tiny, or do away with all together! Has anyone out there found a product that actually has diminished their fine lines, or am I just a dork who will fall for anything??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 09:16 PM

5,224 posts, read 13,709,551 times
The more moisture in your skin, the less any lines will show. NOTHING, except plastic surgery will get RID of wrinkles, once they take hold! You can reduce the look, but that's about it! Although, Avon is a good product and will keep your skin hydrated!
(An aunt of mine swore by Vaseline--messy, but she had gorgeous skin at 80+! No--it wasn't unsagging--gravity, and all that--but she had no deep lines! Just very soft and pretty skin!)

Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 PM

267 posts, read 1,719,230 times
If you don't already start using sunblock now and that should help. Neautragena has a good anti-wrinkle cream that contains sunblock and is oil free. Olay also has a good anti-wrinkle cream. I've used one or the other daily along with eye cream for at least 10 years and my skin looks great. I'm approaching the big 3-0 next year and people think I'm in my early 20's. At night I use Avon's Clinical Deep Crease Concentrate and Anew Clinical Advance Wrinkle Corrector and they both work really well. My face looks fresh in the morning. I don't have any wrinkles but I do know I'll get them eventually. All the gunk I put on my face is just part of my daily/nightly routine and I feel naked without it.

Experiment with a few products til you find something you really like and make it a part of your routine. Sunblock is the best wrinkle preventer!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,930,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
I was just leafing through an Avon catalog with all these different anti-wrinkle creams wondering if anything actually does minimize fine lines. I refuse to do Botox. After reading about some guy becoming paralyzed when he went to fix a little frown line it kind of freaked me out. I don't have wrinkles, but I have the beginning of some teeny tiny smile lines around my mouth that I would like to either keep teeny tiny, or do away with all together! Has anyone out there found a product that actually has diminished their fine lines, or am I just a dork who will fall for anything??
I bought something I really really like recently. It's by Lancome.

I am 39 and have started noticed some fine lines and my skin texture wasn't as even as it used to be, you have to use it every day and it does some kind of resurfacing to the skin. I really like it. I plan to get all the products in this line.

Primordiale Skin Recharge - Anti-Aging Moisturizers by Lancome

Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM

22 posts, read 60,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkz View Post

I have tried DeLeon Anti-Aging Eye Cream (after I found them at the Orlando Aesthetician show) and really like it (Really, notice a difference). Also, the collagen booster has smoothed out my skin. It was developed by a Phd and cell biologist and is supported by some science. If you google it you can find their web page.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:13 AM

1 posts, read 9,931 times
I personally use Athena 7 minute lift cream as it gives me results real quick. The thing I see is that my lines under my eyes are gone with this cream. There's a review that goes into detail about this cream at http://www.wrinklecreamsreview.com/athena-wrinkle-cream-review/ and you can see the before and after photos of those who tried it. I found that it gave vey quick results and I think that its a good cream compared to others. I wouldn't use botox either I wouldn't dare have injections. Just use a cream its so much easier and better.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:50 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,864,529 times
As you age your face doesnt turn over new skin as it did. Dry dull skin on top makes fine lines worse. You need to exfoliate more when you age

Smoking makes the mouth area look horrible. HORRIBLE! Anyone that has quit around you or just quit...review the photos of before and after.

Bliss sleeping peel works for me:
The Bliss New Age Duo - bliss

I mentioned it in another thread.

I am not really impressed with avon's products.
They seem cheaper and not as effective.

I really only like the eyeshadows.

Everything else..meh...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 AM

373 posts, read 1,721,058 times
I really disagree with the last poster. I have used Lancome, Clinique, Mary Kay, Avon. I actually use Avon Wrinkle Corrector every day. I have one wrinkle that will re-appear when I stop using it. I switched to Lancome for a while because I love their cosmetics (not so much the skin care). I actually saw a visible decline in the glow in my skin and more fine lines appeared. I switched back to Avon and viola--all better. I think Lancome is good if you have dry skin and Avon is better if you have combo/oily skin.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:57 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,864,529 times
Im comparing it to bliss. Have you tried the bliss stuff?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:23 PM

110 posts, read 579,348 times
I know everyone's skin is different and not every product works for every woman, but I swear by Boots #7 Rewind and Refine. I could not believe the difference in my face. Lines have have nearly disappeared and my skin glows. The resluts are amazing.

I follow up with Boots #7 Lifting and Firming night cream, which I use even in the daytime. I will never use any other skin care products. For make-up, I use Lancome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty