Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 12:34 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Black and black or white and white.
Do you mean matching pieces or different hues of the colors?

I wear all black or all white at times, but the pieces are different hues of the color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 01:27 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Funny thing about black, which was so dominant for so long. I am not “supposed” to wear it since I am a Spring. When black was absolutely everywhere, I had to give in and wear it if I wanted anything to wear. I discovered that if I combined black with a warmer color, or at the very least wore gold jewelry, I liked it better on me. When gray suddenly became available I gravitated toward that, because it is a softer color.

I do own several pairs of black pants. I do like to put a more flattering color near my face. Scarves serve a useful purpose.

There are two colors that I will not wear: true red and red violet. I look awful in both.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:45 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,896,747 times
I have several favorite color combinations:

Red & black
Burgundy & medium grey
Orange & turquoise
Purple & black

I'm very fair-skinned and look best in lighter colors like pastels but much prefer jewel tones and darker colors. I also love animal prints.

I look awful in yellow and brown isn't too flattering either--which is okay since I don't like either color that much

Old 03-06-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Funny thing about black, which was so dominant for so long. I am not “supposed” to wear it since I am a Spring. When black was absolutely everywhere, I had to give in and wear it if I wanted anything to wear. I discovered that if I combined black with a warmer color, or at the very least wore gold jewelry, I liked it better on me. When gray suddenly became available I gravitated toward that, because it is a softer color.

I do own several pairs of black pants. I do like to put a more flattering color near my face. Scarves serve a useful purpose.

There are two colors that I will not wear: true red and red violet. I look awful in both.

That's what I do, wear black with color in scarves, jewelry. It can look very harsh on some...gold would certainly warm the area near the face.

I can wear red and do...love it. Bought a pr of heeled booties in red...fun to wear.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
That's what I do, wear black with color in scarves, jewelry. It can look very harsh on some...gold would certainly warm the area near the face.

I can wear red and do...love it. Bought a pr of heeled booties in red...fun to wear.
Lucky you if you can wear red! I like red. But not on me. If I could wear a true red, I would wear it a lot.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:10 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Do you mean matching pieces or different hues of the colors?

I wear all black or all white at times, but the pieces are different hues of the color.
Either all black or all white. I don't like to mix them.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Either all black or all white. I don't like to mix them.
No..I meant do you use different shades of white, and different textures? Otherwise you'd look like a medical person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty