Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:28 PM

454 posts, read 447,986 times

Advertisements

I'm in my early 30s now. I'm Asian. I use to wear trucker caps/hats when i was 18-19 as it was quite fashionable back then. I have not worn any hats/caps ever since then. Also i have gotten grey hair i notice and i know most people will say its due to age but for me its due to stress and very little sleep.

At the moment, i do not have any hair loss or anything like that as my hair still grows very fast. Im thinking about buying a cap/trucker hat but the reason is due to it looking fashionable... or at least i think they do.

Now what i want to know is this. If you wear trucker caps/hats in general a lot,

1. Can it cause hair loss or not? Also if it matters, my hair is spikey... imagine like Pauly D from the jersey shore without the hair gell etc.

2. Can it cause hair style to change? I recalled when i was 18-19, what i didn't like about wearing hats/caps was everytime i take it off, my hair is a mess. I had the same sort of spikey hair back then as i do now. So everytime i took off my trucker cap, my hair would look like justin bieber when he was young etc. Now what if you had a bald head or a shaved head or like an army haircut style where you don't have hair that is popping out? Does that make any difference?

3. Could it cause more grey hair? I know this sounds like a stupid question but my thinking was when you wear a hat/cap, it puts pressure on your hair and can damage it so to speak?

4. Does anyone here wear hats a lot and if so, effects on your hair? Any greying or balding faster or anything you notice?

5. Thoughts on these trucker caps? Im going to buy one of these. Are these fashionable? I bought the 2nd one back when i was 18 or 19 because i thought it was fashionable. I did recall i washed it once and then the hat was pretty much worn out and i could barely fit it perfectly in my head because of the quality. If you had to get one of these, which would you choose? The 2nd one i like as i bought that a long time ago. But the 1st one looks a bit good as well? Obviously it says farming on it... and well i do none of that. So the hat is like a fashion hat etc.

https://www.amazon.com/John-Deere-Qu...gateway&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/John-Deere-Em...gateway&sr=8-4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 08:30 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
I'm female...so take my opinion for what it's worth...

I think wearing a hat every day most of the day is not good for your hair. Follicles need to breath. That said, you want to wear a trucker hat from time to time, it's fine. But I wouldn't make it a daily habit.

Hats are primarily for protection. Obviously, people make fashion statements with hats...but the PURPOSE of a hat is protection. Like to keep the sun from burning your scalp, or keep your hair from getting dirty, or keeping your head warm, etc.

When I was younger, I had REALLY thick hair. So thick, that most hats just plain didn't fit on my big noggin. That sat on top of my head like Elmer Fudd's hat.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:16 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
NO, trucker hats are not fashionable!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:23 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
I think it's a regional thing.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:41 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
NO, trucker hats are not fashionable!
this

Old 03-14-2019, 07:21 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
OMG!

Are we going back to the Razor Flip phone and Juicy sweats also?

Trucker Hats!! Hello 2001!!

Old 03-15-2019, 04:25 PM

Okay i dont want this to be a style question. But in terms of my other questions, anyone can answer this?

Old 03-17-2019, 03:33 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,055,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Okay i dont want this to be a style question. But in terms of my other questions, anyone can answer this?
Yes, I can. If you like a Trucker cap then wear on to he!! with what other people think! A hat / cap is the one thing you can wear that says "I like what I wear" for sure. (and you do....don't you?) Fashion be damned!

Old 03-17-2019, 05:06 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
I don't know about worse, but it sure does a great job hiding the bald spots!

Never leave home without one!

Old 03-17-2019, 06:31 PM

Okay but does it cause any of the other issues i mentioned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty