Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 02:39 PM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Why are you checking out women's pants???? Creepy.

Was doing a scientific study. jk not really. I never noticed what pants women wore before, but all of a sudden yesterday I'm surrounded by women in leggings at the health food store (near a gym). On two young women they were as tight as possible (it seems to me). As a guy, couldn't help but notice.

In my youth women never wore tight stretchy pants that reveal their body shape up to their waist. And walked around in stores. If you had told me that would happen one day I would have said not possible.

Until these leggings I never noticed what a women wore. Nor, did I care about fashion details. I have this new interest in fashion (men and women) and notice what people are wearing now. It says a lot about them.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:43 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
The place I saw four at is near a gym. So that explains that. But I see them at other stores quite often.
Yoga pants, work out leggings, jeggings..... all kinds.

I wear them at the gym, and some of my pants are essentially heavier duty leggings.

Why wear them? Comfortable and you can move around in them. I (((heart))) them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-23-2019, 03:07 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Why are you checking out women's pants???? Creepy.
How is "checking out women's pants" creepy?

I mean, I he said he was 'staring at their butts trying to imagine them naked', that would be creepy.

Appreciating the look of a person you consider attractive is normal. In fact, it is probably what happened right before your parents met.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:27 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
Quote:
In my youth women never wore tight stretchy pants that reveal their body shape up to their waist. And walked around in stores. If you had told me that would happen one day I would have said not possible.

I wore them in the 60s. Some of them had straps that went over the foot to hold them tightly over boots. We called them ski pants back then, but they were worn off the slopes as well. You weren't paying attention back then, I guess.

Old 03-23-2019, 03:40 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Apparently that's what women want, for men not to notice them. Except for the ones who do want men to notice them. As long as they are not "creepy" men.

Speaking just for myself, as a woman who doesn't wear leggings, I'd be disappointed if I DID go out in extra tight pants and no one noticed. I think I have a pretty good figure for my age.
Well, there's noticing and then there's creepy noticing. Funny, I've been able to restrain myself from getting down on my knees and checking out the junk packages on men when I'm out in public. I don't talk to his crotch when I'm having a conversation with a man, either (although I will the next time a guy can't lift his eyes from my bosom).

Old 03-23-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Well, there's noticing and then there's creepy noticing..
Yes, noticing is looking for 2 seconds. Maybe 3. Then stop looking. More then that is getting creepy.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:28 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Was doing a scientific study. jk not really. I never noticed what pants women wore before, but all of a sudden yesterday I'm surrounded by women in leggings at the health food store (near a gym). On two young women they were as tight as possible (it seems to me). As a guy, couldn't help but notice.

Until these leggings I never noticed what a women wore. Nor, did I care about fashion details. I have this new interest in fashion (men and women) and notice what people are wearing now. It says a lot about them.

This style has a name - the Athleisure and currently it's still trendy.

"The idea is that gym clothes are supposedly making their way out of the gym and becoming a larger part of people's everyday wardrobes.[3] Athleisure can be considered as a fashion industry movement, enabled by improved textile materials, which allow sportswear to be more versatile, comfortable, and fashionable.[8"

Whether this trend is "good" or "bad" is up for debate ( as probably some other previous trends.)
Yes, it can show off the perfection of women's bodies, but it underlines the imperfections as well.

Women who opt to wear this style anyways, are often way too *self-forgiving* if you ask me.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:59 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,374,648 times
I wear them all of the time except for work! It's still a bit cool here in the south (I'm not from the south) and I like to pair mine with a snap neck fleece top which stops at the waist and a long sleeved shirt under which I can pull down to cover anything. That is essentially my uniform for fall and winter. Though I was talking to my husband the other day and laughing at my outfit because I'm thinking - I really don't have on any pants!! Lol.

They are very comfortable for running errands, and for exercise outdoors but I am starting to want a more structured look. I bought some of the Flexpedition stretch rain pants from Duluth Trading and they are nice. It rains all the time here so I wanted something that could withstand rain but not look like I'm about to go fishing or something. They are stretchy, warm with a slight felted lining and water repellant which is cool. They are also straight legs. But it does feel strange to wear straight legs as I am really used to a fitted skinny pant.

I wonder how long the leggings trend will last.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:10 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
I wear them all of the time except for work! It's still a bit cool here in the south (I'm not from the south) and I like to pair mine with a snap neck fleece top which stops at the waist and a long sleeved shirt under which I can pull down to cover anything. That is essentially my uniform for fall and winter. Though I was talking to my husband the other day and laughing at my outfit because I'm thinking - I really don't have on any pants!! Lol.

They are very comfortable for running errands, and for exercise outdoors but I am starting to want a more structured look. I bought some of the Flexpedition stretch rain pants from Duluth Trading and they are nice. It rains all the time here so I wanted something that could withstand rain but not look like I'm about to go fishing or something. They are stretchy, warm with a slight felted lining and water repellant which is cool. They are also straight legs. But it does feel strange to wear straight legs as I am really used to a fitted skinny pant.

Forever!

I started wearing leggings when I was pregnant for my daughter 28 years ago. There were no maternity clothes for tall women, and the maternity styles out then were horrendous anyway--dresses with huge puffy sleeves, Peter-Pan collars, and big bows. I remember shopping with my mother and trying some on and we were both laughing so hard we couldn't stop. I looked like a giant six-foot baby. Not sure the hideous maternity clothes now with the tight thin material stretched over those protruding navels some women get are an improvement, but those clothes were just plain silly.

Anyway, I bought leggings in a larger size to accommodate the belly and got long shirts and dresses in bigger sizes to wear over them, and that was my maternity wear.

Over the years I've always kept a few pair for exercise, hanging out, or wearing with long tops when I wasn't at work. Now that I'm retired, they are a comfortable way to dress.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post

May I ask. When you first starting wearing them did you feel somewhat naked or too exposed? Does anyone ever look at your legs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty