U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 11:35 AM

6,658 posts, read 3,048,020 times

Advertisements

I've got no dog in this fight but anyone contemplating this "scarifying" procedure should also consider that the fashion for women's eyebrows oscillates back and forth between thin and thick about every 10 years, so consider that. If you have naturally less prominent eyebrows, you can easily discontinue the use of an eyebrow pencil in a couple years when the current fad for huge black stripes over the eyes ends and they go back to little thin ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 12:38 PM

11,107 posts, read 5,874,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I've got no dog in this fight but anyone contemplating this "scarifying" procedure should also consider that the fashion for women's eyebrows oscillates back and forth between thin and thick about every 10 years, so consider that. If you have naturally less prominent eyebrows, you can easily discontinue the use of an eyebrow pencil in a couple years when the current fad for huge black stripes over the eyes ends and they go back to little thin ones.
No worries. Microblading isn't done as deeply as tattoos, so it only lasts 2-4 years.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:07 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,036,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have a tattoo and I do not have a keloid scar. In Ohio, is seems that microblading falls under the tattoo license category. Not the same as a medical professional or an estehtition.
My home state of FL they put it under tattooing, too. NC has really little regulation as they don't know what to put us under. JUST MORE REASONS to check people out 10 ways to Sunday before letting them do these procedures. I am a RN of 40 yrs with an Esthetician License so I did well til I got frustrated and retired from it all. I had many women wanting me to "fix"" bad microblading jobs and they then nit-picked what I did trying to help them look better OR they were not patient to wait and see the results of my removing old pigment from brows I did not do to let those change/heal and let me make them pretty again. It's even more difficult when many of the people doing these procedures are here for a few months and go back to their country of origin thinking they are 'experts'. You have no way to find them or contact them.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:08 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,036,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
No worries. Microblading isn't done as deeply as tattoos, so it only lasts 2-4 years.
I must be really lucky then! Mine have been done since 2008 and still look decent and have NOT faded one bit.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:56 PM

13,032 posts, read 3,403,553 times
If I could afford it I'd get it done. Anything to save time doing my makeup in the morning

Old 07-29-2019, 12:17 PM

2,163 posts, read 888,386 times
I've thought about this for YEARS, but haven't been able to push myself yet. OP, why not the permanent tattoo? It could be the same shape as your microbladed shape.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:21 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,206,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I have thought of that. My eyebrows are there, but they're blonde. I don't really pluck them much, except the strays under the tail. They are a weird shape, called an S-shape if I look under eyebrow shapes. Kind of "mad" looking, but OK in the current fashion. However, I see that curved/rounded brows are coming back in. Not thin but basically a half-moon shape. Afraid to get mine done with my current shape and then look "dated"...and mad!

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Status: "We don't have to wait to start changing the world." (set 13 days ago)

48,613 posts, read 38,934,679 times
OK, so after seeing several friends' eyebrows which were done by the same person, I took the plunge. This is truly a tattoo process, not microblading. It goes deeper than microblading and will need touchups once every few years but should last quite a bit longer. One should consider this treatment to be permanent.

There's pros and cons to this as far as I can tell. The cost is about the same. The procedures are similar. But you better really like the tattooing because it's forever.

The woman I went to has been doing this for 16 years and like I said, I'd already seen her work and really liked it. She goes very moderate and natural looking. She also draws the brows on your face before she takes the plunge which is very helpful. Of course, she measures and all that so that your brows are uniform.

I knew that one of my brows was higher than the other - I consider it the sign of a natural born smart ass. Anyway, she drew the upper line of the other brow higher so they look more even, which I appreciated. I mean, if I THINK about it I can lower that higher brow but when am I going to think about it? LOL

Here is a sort of rundown of my brows over the years - I didn't get the permanent cosmetics done to be trendy, I got it done because though I liked the overall SHAPE of my brows as I got older (the arch became more prominent without any help from me!), I didn't like how thin my brows had gotten. I felt like my face needed some anchoring and I was tired of using eyebrow pencil or coloring every single day. Plus I grew up with a gorgeous mother who truly had beautiful eyebrows her entire life. In fact, one time she asked her mother what her best feature was and her mother contemplated my mom's face for a bit and then said, "I think your eyebrows are your best feature," which my mom always thought was weird but honestly, they were beautiful.

Anyway, befores and the last one is the day (yesterday) I had them done. Today the swelling is gone and the brows haven't started itching but I am told they will for a few days.

I paid $300. The followup in a month will be $65. (She said it is likely that some areas will need to be touched up after everything heals.)
Attached Thumbnails
Eyebrows and Microblading!-brows-age-5.jpg   Eyebrows and Microblading!-brows-age-19.jpg   Eyebrows and Microblading!-brows-age-25.jpg   Eyebrows and Microblading!-brows-age-35.jpg   Eyebrows and Microblading!-brows-age-55.jpg  

Eyebrows and Microblading!-brows-age-58.jpg  

Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM

10,080 posts, read 8,950,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If I could afford it I'd get it done. Anything to save time doing my makeup in the morning
Pilgrims, where are you located? Find the local school where they teach this and be a student model. They practice on pig skin then they are supervised on you by an advanced instructor. It is a fraction of the cost done by an advanced instructor.

Katheryn, how do you like them? Mine were outlined on me also so I could see the shape. Fortunately I am very asymmetrical.

Nine months in and I love mine!

Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM
Status: "We don't have to wait to start changing the world." (set 13 days ago)

48,613 posts, read 38,934,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Pilgrims, where are you located? Find the local school where they teach this and be a student model. They practice on pig skin then they are supervised on you by an advanced instructor. It is a fraction of the cost done by an advanced instructor.

Katheryn, how do you like them? Mine were outlined on me also so I could see the shape. Fortunately I am very asymmetrical.

Nine months in and I love mine!
So far I am loving loving loving them! Good to hear that you still like yours!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty