U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:22 PM
 
11,123 posts, read 5,880,914 times
Reputation: 38418

Advertisements

I had mine done in December, and I LOVE them! I go back on Saturday for my touch up. The healing period wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. The 2nd and 3rd day they were SUPER dark (due to oxidation). I didn't have significant scabbing or peeling, but she told me to keep them moistened with the balm she provided, and I think that helped a great deal. The worst part was that they would feel itchy. I would try to just ignore that, but sometimes I would just lightly "slap" them with my fingertips which helped a little. Oh, and keeping them completely dry for about a week or so was a PITA.

I was amazed at how painless a process it was. I actually almost fell asleep in the chair a couple of times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:30 PM
Status: "We don't have to wait to start changing the world." (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Wonderland
48,621 posts, read 38,951,460 times
Reputation: 69523
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I had mine done in December, and I LOVE them! I go back on Saturday for my touch up. The healing period wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. The 2nd and 3rd day they were SUPER dark (due to oxidation). I didn't have significant scabbing or peeling, but she told me to keep them moistened with the balm she provided, and I think that helped a great deal. The worst part was that they would feel itchy. I would try to just ignore that, but sometimes I would just lightly "slap" them with my fingertips which helped a little. Oh, and keeping them completely dry for about a week or so was a PITA.

I was amazed at how painless a process it was. I actually almost fell asleep in the chair a couple of times.
Yep, I have that balm and am using it - a tiny bit goes a long way. And yes, today is the second day and wow, the brows are dark. But even though they are darker than they will be, I am fine with them.

My aesthetician told me that I could blot them with a washcloth or something damp when I wash my face but not to douse them or let shower water spray on them. Also, no sweating (no problem - LOL) or intense working out or whatever for a week. After that - I should be good to go.

Totally worth it. Totally.

I go back in a few weeks for my touchup. Do you think you will need much in the way of touching up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:34 PM
 
11,123 posts, read 5,880,914 times
Reputation: 38418
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I go back in a few weeks for my touchup. Do you think you will need much in the way of touching up?
Probably not a lot. There are a couple spots that are a little patchy, but not very noticeable. She'll probably just fill a couple spots, and I want to get her to build up the top of one of my arches a slight bit. It'll really just be detailing at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:36 PM
 
11,123 posts, read 5,880,914 times
Reputation: 38418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
I must be really lucky then! Mine have been done since 2008 and still look decent and have NOT faded one bit.
Didn't see your message in July, so not sure if you'll see this question. Were yours tattooed (with a machine) or microbladed? I believe the technique has really developed in probably the last 10 years or so. It's less permanent, but yields more natural looking results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:39 PM
Status: "We don't have to wait to start changing the world." (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Wonderland
48,621 posts, read 38,951,460 times
Reputation: 69523
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Probably not a lot. There are a couple spots that are a little patchy, but not very noticeable. She'll probably just fill a couple spots, and I want to get her to build up the top of one of my arches a slight bit. It'll really just be detailing at this point.
That sounds excellent!

You should post some before and after photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:53 PM
 
11,123 posts, read 5,880,914 times
Reputation: 38418
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That sounds excellent!

You should post some before and after photos.
Ask and you shall receive (if I attach the photo correctly!)

Excuse the terrible "before" photo. I had just powdered and looked really dry and hadn't done any eye makeup yet.

The "after" was taken literally right after I got out of the chair. I was surprised at how minimal the redness was and how little swelling I had. I expected it to be more like the tattoo I got.
Attached Thumbnails
Eyebrows and Microblading!-img_8250.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:55 PM
Status: "We don't have to wait to start changing the world." (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Wonderland
48,621 posts, read 38,951,460 times
Reputation: 69523
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Ask and you shall receive (if I attach the photo correctly!)

Excuse the terrible "before" photo. I had just powdered and looked really dry and hadn't done any eye makeup yet.

The "after" was taken literally right after I got out of the chair. I was surprised at how minimal the redness was and how little swelling I had. I expected it to be more like the tattoo I got.
Thank you. Yous look GREAT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 03:57 PM
 
11,123 posts, read 5,880,914 times
Reputation: 38418
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you. Yous look GREAT!!!!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 04:27 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
19,347 posts, read 24,230,359 times
Reputation: 51120
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
So I took the plunge and got my eyebrows microbladed almost two weeks ago.

For those of you who don't know, it is basically a subtle eyebrow tattoo.

I'm obsessed!! I LOVE the results.

I spend time on boats and the beach and at my age, my eyebrows were pale and barely showed up.

The microblading opens up my entire face! Even my husband loves it.

At least here in South Florida, it is on the expensive side but I'd pay it all over again.

Should last about two years or so.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-eyebrows.html
I am glad that you wrote. My brows are on the light side, and they are getting sparse. Even more sparse. Brows are so, so important! They frame the face.

I know it doesn't last forever, but to look good, not "made up". I need brow makeup and it's getting annoying.

Fortunately, it isn't that pricy in the Midwest.

Your post has encouraged me to explore this again. I SHOULD have it done.

I'm glad to hear that it's made you happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2020, 04:29 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
19,347 posts, read 24,230,359 times
Reputation: 51120
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Ask and you shall receive (if I attach the photo correctly!)

Excuse the terrible "before" photo. I had just powdered and looked really dry and hadn't done any eye makeup yet.

The "after" was taken literally right after I got out of the chair. I was surprised at how minimal the redness was and how little swelling I had. I expected it to be more like the tattoo I got.
What a difference! OK. I need this!

I have to ask, did it hurt much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top