U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 04:48 PM

10,105 posts, read 8,970,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So far I am loving loving loving them! Good to hear that you still like yours!!!!!!
Your look fantastic!

Yours too hertfordshire!

I really love mine a lot. Especially places like the beach where drawn on eyebrows just look weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2020, 05:14 PM

11,156 posts, read 5,904,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What a difference! OK. I need this!

I have to ask, did it hurt much?
Not at all. She used a numbing cream and let it set for a while. I could feel what she was doing, but there was no pain. I almost fell asleep, if it weren’t for the bright light in my face.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:22 PM

17,064 posts, read 13,783,900 times
Hm. I got it done 3 weeks ago, liked the results but of course it was bloody and then crusty. Now that it is mostly healed, I don't see a difference to before going under

To be fair, I have dark eyebrows naturally. But still.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Hm. I got it done 3 weeks ago, liked the results but of course it was bloody and then crusty. Now that it is mostly healed, I don't see a difference to before going under

If it was bloody and crusty, I have to wonder what procedure you had done, or if you were properly advised in after care. The picture I shared upthread was taken literally as soon as I stood up from the chair. Mine were never bloody or crusty. I had a little bit of skin flaking as they healed (that I did not touch because peeling it can remove the fresh pigment), but it wasn't crusty by any means.

Old 01-29-2020, 07:32 PM

10,105 posts, read 8,970,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Mine were never bloody or crusty either.

What did they do to you? That doesn't sound like microblading at all. Even if you had dark eyebrows you would still be able to tell you had it done.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:15 AM

11 posts, read 739 times
Microblading is so convenient and it saves so much time. I don't have to get up that 10 extra minutes or so to do my brows. I also love how I can go swimming with it. I'm based in Australia and paid around $400 for it because she had a special on since she was new. Some places here can go higher if you want someone who also teaches students how to do microblading- these can cost up to $1000.

Old 01-30-2020, 05:04 AM

15,408 posts, read 13,226,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, so after seeing several friends' eyebrows which were done by the same person, I took the plunge. This is truly a tattoo process, not microblading. It goes deeper than microblading and will need touchups once every few years but should last quite a bit longer. One should consider this treatment to be permanent.

There's pros and cons to this as far as I can tell. The cost is about the same. The procedures are similar. But you better really like the tattooing because it's forever.

The woman I went to has been doing this for 16 years and like I said, I'd already seen her work and really liked it. She goes very moderate and natural looking. She also draws the brows on your face before she takes the plunge which is very helpful. Of course, she measures and all that so that your brows are uniform.

I knew that one of my brows was higher than the other - I consider it the sign of a natural born smart ass. Anyway, she drew the upper line of the other brow higher so they look more even, which I appreciated. I mean, if I THINK about it I can lower that higher brow but when am I going to think about it? LOL

Here is a sort of rundown of my brows over the years - I didn't get the permanent cosmetics done to be trendy, I got it done because though I liked the overall SHAPE of my brows as I got older (the arch became more prominent without any help from me!), I didn't like how thin my brows had gotten. I felt like my face needed some anchoring and I was tired of using eyebrow pencil or coloring every single day. Plus I grew up with a gorgeous mother who truly had beautiful eyebrows her entire life. In fact, one time she asked her mother what her best feature was and her mother contemplated my mom's face for a bit and then said, "I think your eyebrows are your best feature," which my mom always thought was weird but honestly, they were beautiful.

Anyway, befores and the last one is the day (yesterday) I had them done. Today the swelling is gone and the brows haven't started itching but I am told they will for a few days.

I paid $300. The followup in a month will be $65. (She said it is likely that some areas will need to be touched up after everything heals.)
aw Kathryn I love one eyebrow higher its sexy.. you should have kept it

Old 01-30-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
It can be sexy on some people. On others (like me) it just looks uneven and lopsided.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:01 AM
Status: "Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite." (set 2 hours ago)

48,778 posts, read 39,033,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
LOL I still have it - it's just not as pronounced. I've always liked it!

Old 01-30-2020, 11:28 AM

17,064 posts, read 13,783,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If it was bloody and crusty, I have to wonder what procedure you had done, or if you were properly advised in after care. The picture I shared upthread was taken literally as soon as I stood up from the chair. Mine were never bloody or crusty. I had a little bit of skin flaking as they healed (that I did not touch because peeling it can remove the fresh pigment), but it wasn't crusty by any means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Mine were never bloody or crusty either.

What did they do to you? That doesn't sound like microblading at all. Even if you had dark eyebrows you would still be able to tell you had it done.
Well, I thought it is blood - it is tattooing, so what else would it be, ink?? How can I attach pics here?

It was light brown/reddish and thick after I left the chair. After a week it got crusty- or call it flaky because the crusts fell off. Everything google told me that will happen, happened.

She did say though that I have thick eyebrows and barely any missing patches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty