U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 12:23 PM

11,190 posts, read 5,915,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Well, I thought it is blood - it is tattooing, so what else would it be, ink?? How can I attach pics here?

It was light brown/reddish and thick after I left the chair. After a week it got crusty- or call it flaky because the crusts fell off. Everything google told me that will happen, happened.

She did say though that I have thick eyebrows and barely any missing patches.
Microblading is different from tattooing. It doesn't use a machine the way tattooing does. And they use pigment instead of ink. The technique and outcome is different.

I'm thinking perhaps you got a tattoo (permanent) instead of microblading (semi-perm)? When you left the chair, it should have looked completely natural.

If you want to attach pics, you can use the paperclip icon at the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 12:48 PM

17,103 posts, read 13,793,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Microblading is different from tattooing. It doesn't use a machine the way tattooing does. And they use pigment instead of ink. The technique and outcome is different.

I'm thinking perhaps you got a tattoo (permanent) instead of microblading (semi-perm)? When you left the chair, it should have looked completely natural.

If you want to attach pics, you can use the paperclip icon at the top.
It was advertised as microblading. She told me it will be semi permanent, 1-3 years and if I want permanent, I should go with something else.

I can upload with the paperclip but then it just stays there in the manage attachments folder. I cannot attach and I cannot screenshot.

I have added the microblading pic under my albums but of course it doesn't want to be rotated no matter how I rotate the original source . But when you look at it, it looks a bit reddish

Old 01-30-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
It was advertised as microblading. She told me it will be semi permanent, 1-3 years and if I want permanent, I should go with something else.

I can upload with the paperclip but then it just stays there in the manage attachments folder. I cannot attach and I cannot screenshot.

I have added the microblading pic under my albums but of course it doesn't want to be rotated no matter how I rotate the original source . But when you look at it, it looks a bit reddish
Yeah, they do look reddish. I don't know what the red would be from. I don't know why she would use red pigment on you. It's possible it was blood, but hard to tell from the photo. Definitely not my experience. Was yours done in just a one visit, or did she suggest a touch up a few weeks later?

Old 01-30-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, they do look reddish. I don't know what the red would be from. I don't know why she would use red pigment on you. It's possible it was blood, but hard to tell from the photo. Definitely not my experience. Was yours done in just a one visit, or did she suggest a touch up a few weeks later?
She said a touch up is important, after 4 weeks. She is the teacher or owner of a beauty school so I really trusted her.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Well, now the red is gone and I look like before the procedure. She said she won't use black, it is too dark (and I agree) so she said dark brown.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Well, now the red is gone and I look like before the procedure. She said she won't use black, it is too dark (and I agree) so she said dark brown.
If it were me, I'm not certain I'd go back to her. If you look like you did before the procedure, something didn't take. And between the red and the crustiness, that just doesn't seem normal to me.

I'm sorry the results weren't what you were expecting.

Old 01-30-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
If it were me, I'm not certain I'd go back to her. If you look like you did before the procedure, something didn't take. And between the red and the crustiness, that just doesn't seem normal to me.

I'm sorry the results weren't what you were expecting.
I read online that a touch up is always necessary and she said the same.

Hm. I guess I will go to someone else for it. Thanks for the tip!

Old 01-30-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I read online that a touch up is always necessary and she said the same.

Hm. I guess I will go to someone else for it. Thanks for the tip!
Oh yeah, the touch up is necessary. But you should still see results from the first procedure.

The only problem with going to someone else is that they may charge the full initial fee rather than the touch up fee.

Old 01-30-2020, 04:09 PM

481 posts, read 158,119 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, the touch up is necessary. But you should still see results from the first procedure.

The only problem with going to someone else is that they may charge the full initial fee rather than the touch up fee.
Where I am, most offer a higher fee ($650) that includes a touch-up 6 few weeks later, or a flat fee for the initial session and the touch-up ($300 x 2). And there is no guarantee it will last a year.

I saw the photos of someone who had hers done by a microblading tech at a home basement for $200 per session. She posted them online asking for HELP! It was really bad.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Where I am, most offer a higher fee ($650) that includes a touch-up 6 few weeks later, or a flat fee for the initial session and the touch-up ($300 x 2). And there is no guarantee it will last a year.

I saw the photos of someone who had hers done by a microblading tech at a home basement for $200 per session. She posted them online asking for HELP! It was really bad.
Mine charged a $50 deposit when I made the appointment, $400 for the initial procedure, and $50 for the touch up (and future touch ups)

I DEFINITELY wouldn’t trust someone who operates out of their basement! YIKES!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty