U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2019, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
10,066 posts, read 8,946,669 times
Reputation: 22284

Advertisements

So I took the plunge and got my eyebrows microbladed almost two weeks ago.

For those of you who don't know, it is basically a subtle eyebrow tattoo.

I'm obsessed!! I LOVE the results.

I spend time on boats and the beach and at my age, my eyebrows were pale and barely showed up.

The microblading opens up my entire face! Even my husband loves it.

At least here in South Florida, it is on the expensive side but I'd pay it all over again.

Should last about two years or so.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-eyebrows.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2019, 09:52 AM
 
Location: OHIO
2,451 posts, read 1,214,955 times
Reputation: 5656
Eyebrows can really change a face. I think microblading looks really nice when done by someone who knows what they are doing. Glad you're happy with the results!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 10:35 AM
 
2,382 posts, read 4,637,108 times
Reputation: 3432
I've been thinking about this for awhile, we moved to Florida last year and I'm so tired of my make-up sliding off my face before noon. Considering eyeliner and lip liner as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2019, 10:58 AM
 
39,858 posts, read 21,218,250 times
Reputation: 13199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I've been thinking about this for awhile, we moved to Florida last year and I'm so tired of my make-up sliding off my face before noon. Considering eyeliner and lip liner as well!
I just had microblading done last week and I'm happy although I hope the color will fade a little like they say (by 30%). I'm glad I did it. It was not painful when they did it or after. It was hard not letting water touch it for 3 days. Would I do it again?, yes.

I don't like the lip liner or full lip permanent makeup, from internet research the results are way too dark. There is a new procedure called lip blushing tattoo is a a color restoration procedure that enhances the natural color and shape of your lips. It's supposed to be more natural. I'd have to find more info on the lip blushing tattoo. https://www.beauty21.com.au/8203lip-...nd--liner.html

Eyeliner is a definite no, it look harsh.

Last edited by petch751; 04-24-2019 at 11:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2019, 03:35 PM
 
Location: League City, Texas
2,919 posts, read 4,790,151 times
Reputation: 6162
Wonderful! I had mine done back in November and have really enjoyed them—I was apprehensive, but mine turned out great, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2019, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
2,385 posts, read 2,838,671 times
Reputation: 4934
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
So I took the plunge and got my eyebrows microbladed almost two weeks ago.

For those of you who don't know, it is basically a subtle eyebrow tattoo.

I'm obsessed!! I LOVE the results.

I spend time on boats and the beach and at my age, my eyebrows were pale and barely showed up.

The microblading opens up my entire face! Even my husband loves it.

At least here in South Florida, it is on the expensive side but I'd pay it all over again.

Should last about two years or so.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-eyebrows.html
Good for you! I've been considering doing it, too. I need to do some research and find someone in my area who is really good at it. I know from reading your past posts, etc. that you used to live in the Myrtle Beach area. I live in Surfside. Do you happen to know anyone here that does it or do you happen to have any friends in the MB area who have had it done and are happy with the results? If you do, I'd love it if you could give me a referral, etc.

How did you decide where to go? Did you have friends who had done it, or did you just look at the person's credentials and qualifications? Any advice you are willing and able to give me would be very appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2019, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
10,066 posts, read 8,946,669 times
Reputation: 22284
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Good for you! I've been considering doing it, too. I need to do some research and find someone in my area who is really good at it. I know from reading your past posts, etc. that you used to live in the Myrtle Beach area. I live in Surfside. Do you happen to know anyone here that does it or do you happen to have any friends in the MB area who have had it done and are happy with the results? If you do, I'd love it if you could give me a referral, etc.

How did you decide where to go? Did you have friends who had done it, or did you just look at the person's credentials and qualifications? Any advice you are willing and able to give me would be very appreciated.
I would search Myrtle Beach and microblading on Instagram and start following those people.

Jimbo Newton of Salon Edge did my hair for years but I don't know if they have anyone who does eyebrows. I would also check with the salon at Market Common.

Mostly, see what kind of work the person posts on their instagram.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2019, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
2,385 posts, read 2,838,671 times
Reputation: 4934
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I would search Myrtle Beach and microblading on Instagram and start following those people.

Jimbo Newton of Salon Edge did my hair for years but I don't know if they have anyone who does eyebrows. I would also check with the salon at Market Common.

Mostly, see what kind of work the person posts on their instagram.
Thank you! I will start with what you suggested. Really appreciate your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 02:37 PM
 
1,922 posts, read 3,382,921 times
Reputation: 1336
What is a reasonable price for microblading? I'm looking in the NYC area and a well-known place here charges between $1,500 & 2,000. Is that reasonable?

I'm taking the plunge and getting them done once I have my baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 03:14 PM
 
11,095 posts, read 5,867,674 times
Reputation: 38337
Most places around here charge $400-600, which apparently is average (https://browsandbody.com/microblading-cost/)

Seems to me that $1,500-2,000 is ridiculously high.

I've been considering it, but what I've seen online about the healing process scares me. I don't want patchy scabby brows for a couple of weeks. If it were just a couple of days, I'd be okay with that. Have them done on Friday; hole myself up at home for the weekend, and re-emerge on Monday with perfect brows! But apparently it takes a good bit longer, and you have to go out in public looking like your brows have mange?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top