Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 11:16 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I love this store. The last bra i got from there was $160. That was painful.
Yes, the prices are painful. However, I've never had a better fit in my life so...in the end it's worth the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2019, 09:36 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Has any of my fellow large chested ladies had success with strapless bras? Its been about a decade since I have even attempted to find one.

I fall into the category of having big boobs on a smaller frame...this makes it difficult to shop plus size stores
Look into those invisible bras. No joke. It’s a actual thing

Old 06-01-2019, 06:02 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,036,910 times
Quote:
Has any of my fellow large chested ladies had success with strapless bras? Its been about a decade since I have even attempted to find one.

I fall into the category of having big boobs on a smaller frame...this makes it difficult to shop plus size stores
Please.... continue.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:05 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Too self conscious to wear one.. Id be hiking it up all night and not comfy.. so many nice halter necks and slash necks out now..Id rather have one of them.. or a bra with the transparent straps.. you can buy only the straps on ebay.. and attach them yourself..they even have slim rhinestone straps now..

Old 06-01-2019, 07:50 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Please.... continue.
Frankly I'm surprised it took 35 posts for someone to bring down the maturity level of the thread.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:31 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,579,494 times
I love to watch the beautiful and sometimes outrageous clothes at the awards programs on tv. When I've seen them wearing strapless dresses, even busty gals like Sophia Vegara, they are usually wearing strapless dresses that have built-in bras and cinch at the waist, like a bustier. Those dresses are customized to fit the celebrities, so there is ample coverage in the bra part.

A friend of mine was supposed to be a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding. My friend, unlike the other bridesmaids, has very large boobs (with an ample body). The dresses were strapless. My friend told the bride that she couldn't wear a dress like that, so if she had to, she would have to add a scarf or sheer shawl across the top. Otherwise, there would be a danger there would be a "problem" of great magnitude, and the constant worry. Also, as someone who is large on top, she would be uncomfortable in a strapless dress, since she had never worn one because of her size (feeling exposed and drawing unwanted attention to her already attention-getting boobs). Strapless dresses aren't appropriate for everyone. I've seen bridesmaid dresses that are modified a bit for some of the maids, but they are still all the same in general appearance, color, etc.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:48 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,038 times
I’ve had to wear corsets or Merry Widow type undergarments with strapless gowns. Believe it or not they were way more comfortable than wearing a strapless bra- which tends to dig in and slide down. I have a few bras with rhinestone straps that work better now for the few off the shoulder garments I currently wear. I think visible regular bra straps are tacky. I just saw a woman with a low back dress with a regular bra on, could see the hooks. Didn’t even match the color of the dress.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:03 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Strapless bras are made for women with small boobs because they don't need to hold anything up, they just cover what's there (or not there).

The law of gravity - big boobs sag aka need support - how is a strapless bra able to do that? It would be cutting deeply into your back if there is no support from the straps or how do you think it holds up? Super tight in the back means you get back boobs which isn't pretty.
Properly fitting and well-designed bras got most of their support from the band. If your shoulders have to support all the weight it would be too heavy.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:10 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,142,492 times
A friend of mine has a very small frame but wears a G cup. She recently found a specialty bra shop designed for large breasted women called Allure. She just loves it.

For strapless dresses my friend wears a long line strapless bra and tacks it onto the dress. So the bra helps hold the dress in place and never shows. She has done this for years and has never had a problem. She received that tip from friends that were in beauty pageants who wore very low cut, revealing gowns on a regular basis.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:57 AM

495 posts, read 327,454 times
My last strapless bra had removable straps, which included one set of clear straps. Just putting that our there as a possible option to help keep the bra up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty