Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 05:36 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
We’ve already been over this ... No, it won’t.
Agreed. Total myth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 04:14 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNChicago View Post
I've read that shaving the face is great exfoliation! I don't shave anywhere on my body though.

A man said once he didn't like to see women that didn't shave under their arms, but I think if a man wants me to look like a pre-pubescent girl, he's got the problem--not me.
I'd say the person who needs a thatch of hair to tell the difference between a woman and a prepubescent child is the one with the problem. There's so much more to what makes a lady a lady.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:01 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Your face? They make those little personal pencil sized battery shaver. I saw a add for what looked like a small version of men's straight razor that touted being a exfoliater. One woman on one of the reality TV shows on Bravo confessed the she regularly shaved face with a men's razor to remove peach fuzz and makeup is easier to apply.

So I confess, I have started shaving every few months and it works great. It's a myth that you will grow a beard if you shave.

So....do you shave too?
I've had dermaplaning done at the salon...for exfoliation.. Love the results.....know of many that shave with an eyebrow razor but it's not recommended if you have sensitive skin or you are prone to get a little acne. If you do it....use a toner on your face afterward & don't put on foundation for at least an hour....even for a day if you can manage it.....

Old 07-24-2019, 01:46 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Your face? They make those little personal pencil sized battery shaver. I saw a add for what looked like a small version of men's straight razor that touted being a exfoliater. One woman on one of the reality TV shows on Bravo confessed the she regularly shaved face with a men's razor to remove peach fuzz and makeup is easier to apply.

So I confess, I have started shaving every few months and it works great. It's a myth that you will grow a beard if you shave.

So....do you shave too?
I do. I buy the eyebrow shavers from Sally’s.

But you’re able to go a few months? I have to shave every week, otherwise I’ll look like Grizzly Adams
My hair grows fast. A couple of days after I shave, they start growing in again.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
I do. I buy the eyebrow shavers from Sally’s.

But you’re able to go a few months? I have to shave every week, otherwise I’ll look like Grizzly Adams
My hair grows fast. A couple of days after I shave, they start growing in again.
You have hair that grows on your face....like peach fuzz you mean? or more like dead skin cells? It should just be exfoliation....

Old 07-24-2019, 04:51 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You have hair that grows on your face....like peach fuzz you mean? or more like dead skin cells? It should just be exfoliation....
Yes. I have finer hair on my cheeks, and darker, coarser hair on my outer upper lip and on the lowest part of my chin. I think the coarse hairs are due to age, I started getting them when I turned 40, I think. My cheeks could be dead skin cells because I don’t have to shave them too often, but my lips and chin? Yea, after a couple of days the hair starts to grow back, after a week it looks like I hadn’t even shaved.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:05 PM

Another option for exfoliation...(instead of shaving or dermaplaning)...is a AHA or BHA exfoliant. It depends on your skin type...but the BHA won't cause redness or irritation like shaving might....& works better for oily skin too. I just tried Paula's Choice....

Old 07-27-2019, 06:39 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Another option for exfoliation...(instead of shaving or dermaplaning)...is a AHA or BHA exfoliant. It depends on your skin type...but the BHA won't cause redness or irritation like shaving might....& works better for oily skin too. I just tried Paula's Choice....

Not fer nothin', but dermaplaning is shaving. The advantages to men's skin due to shaving, which also exfoliates, have been known for a long time.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:10 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Not fer nothin', but dermaplaning is shaving. The advantages to men's skin due to shaving, which also exfoliates, have been known for a long time.
Agree.
It's all is the words used. It's the same thing. If saying dermaplaning makes it sound like you are not shaving then so be it. It's still the same process.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Salon dermaplaning is deeper exfoliation than just shaving.......shaving does lightly exfoliate but it can cause acne, redness & more irritation & I wouldn't recommend it for *just* exfoliation. Using it to be rid of peach fuzz is the main reason for shaving at home, if that is the problem....BUT I wouldn't recommend it because there is too much other stuff you can do that is easier on the skin & provides more benefit & deeper exfoliation......if that is what you want.

E D I T: Like a BHA exfoliant....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty