U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 03:15 PM

2,179 posts, read 968,924 times

Advertisements

Your face? They make those little personal pencil sized battery shaver. I saw a add for what looked like a small version of men's straight razor that touted being a exfoliater. One woman on one of the reality TV shows on Bravo confessed the she regularly shaved face with a men's razor to remove peach fuzz and makeup is easier to apply.

So I confess, I have started shaving every few months and it works great. It's a myth that you will grow a beard if you shave.

So....do you shave too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 03:23 PM

10,587 posts, read 5,548,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Your face? They make those little personal pencil sized battery shaver. I saw a add for what looked like a small version of men's straight razor that touted being a exfoliater. One woman on one of the reality TV shows on Bravo confessed the she regularly shaved face with a men's razor to remove peach fuzz and makeup is easier to apply.

So I confess, I have started shaving every few months and it works great. It's a myth that you will grow a beard if you shave.

So....do you shave too?
YEP! I've been taking off the peach fuzz for months, and I LOVE the results. I use these (which are not to be confused with these. They look the same, and the only difference is an added "w" in the name. They're a terrible cheap knockoff of an already cheap product. What's the point?)

Old 06-07-2019, 06:15 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,725,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
YEP! I've been taking off the peach fuzz for months, and I LOVE the results. I use these (which are not to be confused with these. They look the same, and the only difference is an added "w" in the name. They're a terrible cheap knockoff of an already cheap product. What's the point?)
Yes! I use them too—the originals, not the knock-offs. It’s amazing how evenly my makeup goes on now, and just how smooth it makes my skin. I started doing it a couple of years ago. I would have never done it, but decided to give it a go. You grow up hearing nightmares about what would happen if you shaved .

Who knew?

Old 06-07-2019, 06:24 PM

4,978 posts, read 2,028,443 times
"It's a myth that you will grow a beard if you shave."
yes, but you have beard, anyway.
some beards show more than others.
"peachfuzz" is a beard.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:34 PM

I guess I have a beard then.
It hasn't gotten thicker by shaving then.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"It's a myth that you will grow a beard if you shave."
yes, but you have beard, anyway.
some beards show more than others.
"peachfuzz" is a beard.
Fair enough. But the myth is that it grows back coarser and darker. It doesn’t.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Yes! I use them too—the originals, not the knock-offs. It’s amazing how evenly my makeup goes on now, and just how smooth it makes my skin. I started doing it a couple of years ago. I would have never done it, but decided to give it a go. You grow up hearing nightmares about what would happen if you shaved .

Who knew?
So many things I had to re-learn. Like yes, I should moisturize and even use oils despite having oily skin. I had to go against nearly 40 years of believing that I should never never do that. Glad I did!

Old 06-07-2019, 08:11 PM

4,978 posts, read 2,028,443 times
"...the myth is that it grows back coarser and darker."
not a myth.
here is why:
1. the unshaven hairs are longer and more flexible. the shaved hairs are short and stubby.
2. the unshaven hairs have had time to bleach in the sun. the regrowth will show a darker color.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
not a myth.
here is why:
1. the unshaven hairs are longer and more flexible. the shaved hairs are short and stubby.
2. the unshaven hairs have had time to bleach in the sun. the regrowth will show a darker color.
I guess that may be true with people with darker hair, makes sense. I have darker blond hair at when peach fuzz grows back it's not darker though.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:56 PM

36,770 posts, read 11,099,907 times
Quote:
not a myth.
here is why:

Listen up, grasshopper.

It's not exactly a profound observation that anything which is "cut" isn't going to have a smooth tip. Beyond that (and testosterone lol), you're forgetting something. Female facial hair has a very short growth cycle; male facial hair does not, which is why women's unshaven peach fuzz is not and never will be a beard.

And forget that bleaching in the sun garbage. It'll fall out, and start anew with a nice smooth "tip" before that happens.

And the OP was most likely referring to Caroline Manzo from RHONJ, who mentioned often that she shaved her face regularly.

As for me, I don't. But if and when I get peach fuzz, I sure will. Believe me, nobody knows--or cares-- what we're doin' in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty