Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times

Advertisements

I find my 23 year old cousin to still be as cute as a little fairy princess. She is very smart though. I would dream of seeing her in a nice light pink gown.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:20 PM

15 posts, read 14,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I find my 23 year old cousin to still be as cute as a little fairy princess. She is very smart though. I would dream of seeing her in a nice light pink gown.
Are you a male of female because............😂😂

Old 06-11-2019, 10:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeetunder View Post
I've been hearing this debate all over the internet about how younger women age 18-25 are sought after by all men of all ages and such. I've read numerous threads online about how they get free drinks, dates, offers, and just live a perfect life based on youth.

This has made me view myself as an odd exception and rather worthless because I'm in the quote on quote "desirable age group" (20 going to turn 21 next month) and guys generally never talk to me unless they're high, drunk, or dared by their friends. Yes, I'm young and have a firm body but my face isn't conventionally attractive or beautiful.

I always thought that men would like genuinely attractive women by their facial features, clear skin, hair, and body shape and not just because they're young. My skin is covered in flaws I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, and I look like a teenager who still hasn't finished puberty. I'd like to think a man would choose an attractive beautiful women in her 30s than a facially unattractive woman in her 20s because I'm that girl. I would be lying if I said this doesn't make me feel insecure at times.

So is this true or am I wrong (I hope so). It's just something I've observed from others online.
Those types of guys are just looking for something that has a tight butt and firm boobs or something to show off to the boys.

If you have acne or skin issues go see a dermatologist. It may be a easily managed problem.

I personally would not be interested in a 18-25 yo unless they were mature for their age. Most young women are simply too immature at that age range. As far as starting a relationship with a younger woman it would depend on their maturity level. Looks aren’t as important where she must be model perfect. Skin issues can be managed or cured with medication. She can be as beautiful as Helen of Troy if she has a stuck up attitude I would not be interested.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:21 PM

233 posts, read 225,564 times
Default In short

all women are beautiful.......................

Old 06-12-2019, 12:26 AM

115 posts, read 91,926 times
Quote:
I really appreciate your message. Thank you!
Yes, the flaws on my face is acne and it's literally the only thing that makes me insecure. This might sound crazy but social media doesn't help either when most of my peers have crystal clear skin whileI have to guzzle down bottles of water and still breakout.

I'm going to schedule with a dermatologist and dietician to form a regimen for my skin and try to eliminate foods that exacerbate my acne. The "looks" prime thing really gets to me because I never "peaked" in high school and with college, I'm practically invisible despite being socially active. I agree with you on how some men can say such things to use as a scaring tactic for women but I'm going to try to not buy into it. I always said my 30s would be my prime years because my 20s are like an extended adolescent phase that I didn't think would ever exist.
As others have said, go see a dermatologist. My sister had an acne problem as well and that pretty much went away with some prescription med. Don't try to cover it up with a lot of makeup (personally, I think that looks worst). I saw this girl who's a cashier at a grocery store that I know she's very cute if she get rid of her acne.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:34 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
So, let me see, OP is 20 years old and has acne and is not gettting much male attention, is that it?

Relax. If you are moderately healthy and don't take up bad habits you have at least another 60 years in the can.

I believe it was Ovid who said "If thou wouldst be loved, be lovable." Why don't you focus on that? I guarantee you that sooner or later a smart, funny, warm-hearted young woman who has a lot of interests and a good personality, and is reasonably physically fit (in other words, smaller than "morbidly obese") will find a man. You know, people don't have expiration dates.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
Beauty can also just mean "familiar". Let people get to know you. There are times that a woman does not turn a guys head the first couple of times. Goes completely unnoticed. But after spending time with her they start to notice the way she tucks her hair behind her ear, or the way she laughs or even the odd way she may hold her tongue while typing...it becomes enduring. Familiarity and letting someone spend time with you can be a powerful force.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 AM

813 posts, read 600,452 times
OP, you are too hard on yourself. Some of the most beautiful women (in media's definition) I have know were not that attractive, and some of the most attractive women I have know were not classic beauties.

Good luck, Rg

Old 06-12-2019, 07:42 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
I've been hearing this debate all over the internet about how younger women age 18-25 are sought after by all men of all ages and such. I've read numerous threads online about how they get free drinks, dates, offers, and just live a perfect life based on youth.

This has made me view myself as an odd exception and rather worthless because I'm in the quote on quote "desirable age group" (20 going to turn 21 next month) and guys generally never talk to me unless they're high, drunk, or dared by their friends. Yes, I'm young and have a firm body but my face isn't conventionally attractive or beautiful.

I always thought that men would like genuinely attractive women by their facial features, clear skin, hair, and body shape and not just because they're young. My skin is covered in flaws I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, and I look like a teenager who still hasn't finished puberty. I'd like to think a man would choose an attractive beautiful women in her 30s than a facially unattractive woman in her 20s because I'm that girl. I would be lying if I said this doesn't make me feel insecure at times.

So is this true or am I wrong (I hope so). It's just something I've observed from others online.

It's biology.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:11 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Not everyone of any age is beautiful. I was thinking about this when I saw an older friend of mine post something about ageism on Facebook. I was like, "You know, I find older people (men and women) very attractive. Wait. Scratch that. Not ALL older people. I mean, like, you can be Sam Elliott or Father Jack Hackett. Well. Not all young people, either for that matter, nor middle aged....yeah ok, external beauty varies. Oh, but you know...internal ugliness will outweigh external beauty in my estimation of someone's appeal 100% of the time."

Not every human being is beautiful. And not all beauty is on the outside. That "inner beauty" stuff isn't just some conciliatory baloney we push on plain women. Look at it this way...being tight with me has a lot of social benefits (I'm not exaggerating or bragging, it's just how things go in my life) and I'm pansexual so I might get excited about any kind of a person. If I meet someone who is even outright unattractive looking, but I find that they have a smart mind, good character, a sparkle in their eye and warmth in their smile, and they bring happiness into my life, I'm gonna want to be close to them. I will even advocate for them. There is a guy I know who is not the most appealing and has a speech issue, and people sometimes judge him too fast and I tell them, "Hey, look, I know dude seems kind of awkward, but I swear he's got good brain-stuff that makes him truly worth knowing. Be patient, try to hear him."

Conversely, if I meet someone (and it's definitely happened many times) who is beautiful on the outside, but they are snobbish, have a cold attitude, are mean or stupid or overly judgmental, constantly depressing or outrage-mongering in ways that spread stress instead of joy... I don't mean a normal person having a bad day, I mean those for whom this is every day, all the time... Yeah I won't want anything to do with them! I don't care how pretty they are. I know a singer who is flat out gorgeous, but also an alcoholic and kind of a prima donna, and that mitigates my enthusiasm about this person quite a bit. If they wanted to date me I'd say no.

I imagine this is the kind of instance where men who are willing to use people will "hit it and quit it." They might like looking at someone enough to get the python ready to slither, but they sure don't want them to stick around afterwards. Who really wants to be that person? I don't want to use people or be used. Ick.

(Not trying to put the cross-hairs on men with regard to that, it's just that from my observation when women use men it looks a little different and isn't typically about nailing a good looking person. "Men are visual" and blah, blah, whatever.)

Last edited by Sonic_Spork; 06-12-2019 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty