Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 08:32 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times

Advertisements

The women's world cup is happening now. Personally, I find fit 20-something and 30-something women with no makeup in shorts and soccer shoes very attractive. Well, I'll pass on Megan Rapinoe with the pink hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 08:42 AM

456 posts, read 348,458 times
I am another sports bra wearer. I have several "nice" bras and will wear one when going to something "fancy." The rest of the time I'm in a sports bra due to comfort. I like the cotton now that we're into boob sweat weather. My nicer bras all get itchy and don't absorb the sweat as well.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:47 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Encapsulation sports bras: These bras use individual cups to surround and support each breast separately. There is no compression in these bras (most everyday bras are encapsulation bras) making them generally best for low-impact activities. Encapsulation bras provide a more natural shape than compression bras.

Compression sports bras: These bras typically pull over your head and compress the breasts against the chest wall to restrict movement. They do not have cups built into the design. Compression sports bras tend to work best for low- to medium-impact activities.

Compression/encapsulation sports bras: Many sports bras combine the above methods into a supportive and comfortable style. These bras offer more support than compression or encapsulation alone, making them generally best for high-impact activities.

My breasts are heavy (40 DD), and a compression bra creates a giant sagging uniboob.

I have a Freya encapsulation sports bra that I bought 5 years ago. It cost a lot of money ($65), but it is still totally doing the job. I call it my workhorse. I wash it by hand, of course.
If you're going to copy and paste, it's generally expected you will cite your source: https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-adv...orts-bras.html

Old 06-15-2019, 12:56 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
I'm not busty AT.ALL. I wear them working out mostly because they match my work out gear.
HOWEVER the gymnastics required to put one on...
Good for you stacked ladies for even being able to wrestle into them. You've just burned additional calories.
I'm quite sure there's a day coming in the near future I won't be limber enough!!

Old 06-15-2019, 01:14 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If you're going to copy and paste, it's generally expected you will cite your source: https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-adv...orts-bras.html
Eh...it's nice to cite if people want to go back for more info but on a non-scientific topic like this you don't have to cite as though you're writing for a peer-reviewed journal - we're talking about boob-stuff!

Old 06-15-2019, 02:45 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Eh...it's nice to cite if people want to go back for more info but on a non-scientific topic like this you don't have to cite as though you're writing for a peer-reviewed journal - we're talking about boob-stuff!
I think it's more to do with copyright and CD terms of service.

'Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.'- //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-15-2019, 03:31 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Well, I am now almost 70 y.o, living in Florida. I like my comfort, so I am usually wearing a type of "sports bra" or casual bra. The underwired fancy lace ones are for special occasions, and I used to wear them for my ballroom dance classes. At home I just go without. Comfort reigns supreme!

Old 06-15-2019, 04:01 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Plagiarism is plagiarism, regardless of the topic.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:15 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I think you may like this bra. My nipples also show through in some more delicate bras and that bothers me. This bra shows nothing. It's a very modest bra - another thing I really like about it. The label says "LIVI Active" and I found it at Lane Bryant. It doesn't squish and flatten, it lifts and separates but holds you so well that you also don't bounce. I feel like I've found the holy grail. lol

In addition to regular bras I have always had a terrible time with sports bras. My massage therapist recommended checking out Lane Bryant. So I did and a salesperson helped me find the bra. It is amazing. It is easy to get on and off (which is something I have very rarely experienced with sports bras) and also the cups are molded in such a way that it doesn't give you uniboob or flatten the chest. The straps are very thick but also kind of silky, which is really nice. And you can adust every with hooks so when you get it to the place you like where it fits you well it STAYS and doesn't slip like what happens when there is the .... I don't know what it is called... but where there is that little plastic or metal piece that you slide up and down to adjust the bra... those always slip on me. But hooks stay in place! And these are sturdy hooks... not the dinky kind that eventually bend and wear-out.

The only complaint I have about this bra is that it's not pretty and also I cannot wear it underneath more delicate types of blouses like silk or very fine linen or cotton. It just doesn't look right because of the material and wide straps and everything. But it looks fine underneath most of my other blouses and nice sweaters and things I wear for work. Even my husband said my "boobs looked nice" - probably because it sort of makes my boobs look bigger. lol

Anyway - I can't wait to go back to Lane Bryant now and check out their other types of bras. I was only in there that time for a sports bra, so I didn't even really notice what other bras they had.
Thanks! Tried to rep you again, but CD wouldn't let me.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:18 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
OP, doubt you'd consider my 34D breasts large, but I'm all in for sports bras. They've been game changers for me in terms of comfort, support, and a nice fitted look in every day casual clothes. I do prefer the thin-strap ones as opposed to the thick strap racer backs.

I keep fancy bras on hand for dressy occasions. But I occasionally, when the the neckline and sleeves permit, sneak in sports bras even with those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty