Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 02:46 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times

Advertisements

Why someone chooses to look like a warm-blooded Velociraptor with hair escapes me. Oh wait...isn't there evidence that some Velociraptors were semi warm-blooded?

You know what they say about fashion trends...they all come around again eventually.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-01-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Why someone chooses to look like a warm-blooded Velociraptor with hair escapes me. Oh wait...isn't there evidence that some Velociraptors were semi warm-blooded?

You know what they say about fashion trends...they all come around again eventually.
There is nothing fashionable about long clawed velociraptor nails that are so long they don't even stay straight.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:36 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Really, YOU are the best person to explain why the pointy shape looks so attractive to you.

Mostly, pointy nails are attractive to other women and to themselves.

Some men like long nails, others like medium nails. Most men prefer an oval or almond shape. Men differ about length and color.

Almost all, or all men who I know don't like nails with rhinestones glued on, or designs painted on.

Many men didn't like those really square nails that were popular for about a decade. The are out, or on their way out, depending upon where you live.

Really, long, talon like nails are almost universally unappealing to many men. I think they associate them with aggression and fear being scratched.

It's a reasonable fear, IMO.

I usually can't relate to men and what they like in women. They want modesty and I am drawn to sexiness. You say men don't like rhinestones or designs on nails. This is one of the rare times I agree with my fellow men. These type of prints on nails were trendy back in 1989-1990 and I didn't care for it. I was glad (and a bit surprised) that it was a short lived trend.

These pointy nails I see now look increadibly good to me. If men don't like them I think it's because they are insecure...these nails project dominance...a feminine energy type of dominance and some men get intimidated by it...not me. This is like a dream come true.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I believe I've also resisted so called trends and ended up doing "silks" years ago and talk about damage to nails. I keep mine short, clean and no polish etc but when young the pressures are out there. What I've seen in my life some overweight ladies keep trendy nails as this is what they can control, not their weight. Just an observation ...

The pressures don't have to get you if a person knows themselves.
The women I most often see with the long pointy nails are not overweight. I first noticed this trend with very attractive young ladies and now it seems to be expanding to women of all ages, shapes and sizes. It's very 2019.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
The long pointy nail is called "stiletto nails".
Interesting because I am also attracted to stiletto heels.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:31 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Interesting because I am also attracted to stiletto heels.
Most men are attracted to stiletto heels but very few like stiletto nails....in my experiences.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:25 PM

797 posts, read 238,661 times
I see Stiletto nails as being nothing more than a fad, a fashion statement, just as in fashion and styles in clothing, what's in today, is out tomorrow, and what once used to be in fashion in the past, eventually comes back full circle.

It's a switch from the ordinary, a change or sorts, a departure from the ordinary, a chance for some to try something new.

As a woman that had very long nails for a number of years in the past, I know first-hand as to how impractical and inconvenient long fingernails can be, but women of today aren't saddled with traditional roles such as homemakers, as they once were a generation or two ago, so having longer fingernails in todays day and age works for some.

To each their own.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:30 PM

797 posts, read 238,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Most men are attracted to stiletto heels but very few like stiletto nails....in my experiences.
I've never asked my husband about stiletto nails, but dear husband loved back scratches back in the day when my nails were long, and I highly doubt he would complain if I were to grow my nails long again and style them in stiletto form.

I can see dear husband enjoying his back scratches before bed with stiletto nails, just as I can see him equally enjoying back scratches before bed with ordinary, gently rounded nails. JMTC.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:45 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Has anyone noticed that long painted pointy nails have become trendy among young women? For this to be fashionable is like a dream come true for me...I am in total awe of how sexy they look. Could someone explain why the pointy shape looks so attractive? Is it the danger aspect? Afterall those claws could hurt! I don't think that's it for me personally though...they just look beautiful to me.
Quote:
I usually can't relate to men and what they like in women. They want modesty and I am drawn to sexiness. You say men don't like rhinestones or designs on nails. This is one of the rare times I agree with my fellow men. These type of prints on nails were trendy back in 1989-1990 and I didn't care for it. I was glad (and a bit surprised) that it was a short lived trend.

These pointy nails I see now look increadibly good to me. If men don't like them I think it's because they are insecure...these nails project dominance...a feminine energy type of dominance and some men get intimidated by it...not me. This is like a dream come true.

Dude, what is going on here? Seriously.

You know nails trends from 20 +years ago???? Which is wrong btw.

Pointy nails are a dream come true? A. Dream. Come. True.

And men who don't like them are insecure??????? Say what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty