Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 03:51 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times

Advertisements

Have you tried the 501 Levi's stretch? They do come in colors,and looks semi casual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 08:24 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
My number one favorite manufacturer for pants or shorts ( other than for physical work ) are Kuhl. I absolutely love the styles, fabrics, fit, amount of stretch and phone pocket. I also love their shirts, vests and jackets as they fit well if you have an athletic build.

My next choice for pants, or more rugged and heavier ones would be Mountain Khakis.

Check out their websites❗️
Kuhl is outrageously expensive. I have s Kuhl down jacket - love it, but man it is pricey stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Men still wear dockers?

Yuck.

Hideous.
LOL. Dockers are nice looking pants. Just a regular khaki pant - how are they hideous?
https://www.dockers.com/US/en_US/clo...trousers_pants

Old 07-05-2019, 08:23 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Fashion Guy Here.....

JC Penney has machine washable dress pants by STAFFORD Brand. The JCP in house brand. Washes in the machine and hang dry for no iron professional look. GREAT for hot weather.

HAGGAR has something similar in the Pro Light Weight or something called similar. Great for warm weather as well.

The ultimate DURABLE dress pant is the DICKIES #874 which now comes in a flex material.

I own and use all of these. ALL great products.

Bonus Tip :

Anything WRANGLER oriented dominates the jeans market in terms of quality and fit !
+1 I was going to suggest Dickies.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:28 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Kuhl is outrageously expensive. I have s Kuhl down jacket - love it, but man it is pricey stuff.

LOL. Dockers are nice looking pants. Just a regular khaki pant - how are they hideous?
https://www.dockers.com/US/en_US/clo...trousers_pants
There's nothing at all wrong with them.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:26 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, I AM an old dude. But I'm an old dude with thighs like tree trunks.

Back in the 70s, when I was a young dude, and there were no pleated pants, I routinely ripped pants out from stem to stern by attempting exotic moves like bending over to pick up a coin from the ground.

When pleated pants started being offered again in the early 80s, I shouted "Hallelujah! My testicles no long need be constricted and I can now actually move and bend over!" and I can tell you that the fashion police will have to pry my last pair of pleated pants off my cold dead legs.

Those skinny-legged pants without pleats work fine for young guys with legs like twigs and minimal male equipment in the middle, but the extra room offered by pleats has been critical for me in being able to do, in comfort, exotic activities like sitting and driving a car, or stepping up on something that's waist high, or sitting on the ground cross-legged.
Lol. I wanted to "hate on ya" but now I just can't. Damn you.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:11 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
I wear "khaki" pants every day for work.

I love Bonobos "Weekday Warrior" pants, honestly. I've got 5 pairs. They're great.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:43 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Ralph Lauren khaki pants.

The end.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:21 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I wear "khaki" pants every day for work.

I love Bonobos "Weekday Warrior" pants, honestly. I've got 5 pairs. They're great.
Yeah, Bonobos are the only workday dress pants and chinos I buy anymore. Pretty much all I've bought in that wardrobe category for going on 6-7 years now.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:47 PM

21,881 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
End of an era for Docker pants. yes pants.....lol

I usually wear tactical pants to work but there are times when I
have to wear some nice pants. I have nice pants that fit with suits
but I don't like to ruin them. I don't like Carhartt(yuck) and I don't like
wranglers (double yuck).

Men what is your alternative to docker pants. I have many but this weekend I
went to get some at macy's and JC and I got these LUX stretch dockers most
horrible pants I have ever bought and returned them. The stretch material
lets every lint,hair directly target your pants and they are hard to iron.

Any suggestions I have tried Nautica in the past and they discolored in the second to
third wash.

any suggestions are much appreciated.
Jeans, 501
Chinos, Target Good Fellow go on sale for $15.
Dress pants I stick with Suit Supply for dress pants and Dillard's Cremiux for business casual. Cremiux is very old man cut but they look okay, hold up well, and since they're plastic pants you don't need to deal with ironing or dry cleaning.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:09 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
LL Bean purchaser here. They also offer several fits. They have regular type chinos and also dress chinos. With their liberal return policy you can order a pair, try them, and return them if not satisfied.

For cheap chinos, the George line at WalMart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty