Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 09:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You can't buy beauty. No matter how much you paint or else your face or body - beauty is beyond all that. Person is either beautiful, or not, or faking, and everyone can notice it.

You can get far by faking it but will, eventually, catch with you and results will be a disaster. Ask movie stars and celebs. They are not exactly happy people, no matter how much "beauty" they invested into their careers.

Don't look now, but this is a Fashion and Beauty thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 10:06 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
I just need eyebrow liner, eyeliner. Brand doesn't matter, whatever's the cheapest.

And a lip gloss or lip balm. Whatever's the cheapest as well.

Burt's Bee's products are good. They have a baby lotion that I love the smell and keeps my skin hydrated all day as I have very dry skin. Their lip balms have different flavors like honey and pomegranate.

Nope, no vlogs. I'm not interested in the subject enough.

That's pretty much me lol. I don't follow online videos or blogs, either--though if I'm looking up something, I might access one.

I've seldom found that I need to spend more than I do (not much lol) on makeup, and I don't use foundation.

I also like some of the classics--I've used that Queen Helene Mint Julep mask since I was 14, for example. Yikes.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:23 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You can't buy beauty. No matter how much you paint or else your face or body - beauty is beyond all that. Person is either beautiful, or not, or faking, and everyone can notice it.

You can get far by faking it but will, eventually, catch with you and results will be a disaster. Ask movie stars and celebs. They are not exactly happy people, no matter how much "beauty" they invested into their careers.
Beauty doesn't mean to throw as much makeup on your face as possible....or escape life or who are you on the inside. It's just to *enhance* and to express yourself....& there are occasions for being glam & occasions for letting your natural beauty shine through.

Beauty, fashion, lifestyle......it's just about living your best life, not making it your life.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:17 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
I'm past being interested in make-up, but I still care about my hair. For the first time in my life, I found a product that has made a huge change: Argon. Don't know the brand, but a hair dresser suggested it so I use the conditioner and an after-shampoo/before blow-dry leave-in product. Both are Argon oil.

My hair looks much thicker and it stays straight, instead of reverting to its unattractive wave/kink.

I hardly dare to hope it lasts. Others have noticed and commented. At this age, one does not expect any improvement, looks-wise, LOL.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:42 AM

497 posts, read 422,112 times
Oh gosh!
Beauty is not about smashing other women down because they prefer to be high maintenance.

My list of skin care list is super long, including body care and beauty tools that I love and use on regular basis. I really have to use all of it to have the skin that I have now, otherwise I would have a lot more scars on my skin.

I'm guessing you are specifically asking about makeup?
Makeup application varies depending on the season and what products I use.

I have a few options of foundation because of this. Dior airflash foundation is perfect for the summer for those professional stuff going on at work and for date nights/bbq parties/weddings. I use Gerda Spillmann bio-fond; Lancome Feel So Good or YSL All Over Glow or CT tinted one and for the no makeup look, ByTerry cc cream mixed with cc serum - beautiful! Will get Tom Ford stick foundation after Gerda is all used up and would love to try Chanel new tinted one that feels like water when applied on.

Primer is from Bobbi Brown, it is moisturizing one that I like to use in the winter, mainly. I also have Sisley primer for special days only.

Highlighters would be CT and ByTerry in liquid formulations.

I prefer gel blush, ByTerry, Guerlain has one now, same with Chantecaille.
Liquid liner from TF or KVD or Lancome art liner is nice, for pencil UD 24/7. I do have one from Estee Lauder that is golden neutral that really give that wow factor.

Eyeshadows, I don't own a lot. Dior cool tone palette, Viseart neutral matt and that is it. Once it is all used up, I will try another brand and it takes awhile for me to finish.

This is my first year with bronzer that work well for my skin colour, CT bronzer is cool tone brown colour and light. Many years ago, my fav. was Wet&Wild gel bronzer (do you remember them?) and gel blush. Too bad they've been discontinued and their lip pencils! They were made in Germany, probably from the same manufacturer for high end brands.

As for lips, I have almost unlimited pencils and some lipstick, that once used, I'm not replacing them. The colours are similar and there is no need to have so many.
For pencils, I have Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury, Lancome (discontinued colour, so won't be buying anymore once I've run out) Sisley.

For gloss I own one...from CT in Pillow Talk.

As for mascara, only one will do-ByTerry twist mascara and open to try others, but that will be awhile since I have a couple of samples of other brands and keep getting more hand out to me from Sales Associates.

For eyebrows, I switch brands. Now it is Benefit because of these points I have and getting them for free. I have the one in the jar, the pencil, the brush wand and the balm like thing to keep them groomed well and promise hair growth.

False lashes is mainly from Quo and Ardell, some is from Sephora for special events.

I love makeup, but I can easily get tired of it. I go through fazes where I own a lot, next, own the very basic; and purchased some this year after all the stress and medical problems, but I can see myself cutting back drastically next year and use my fav. makeup only. As for skin care and body care, I maintain that every year.

Do we get into hair care? Night hair masks, masks, shampoos......

I love to follow Melissa55 on youtube and there is others, but I don't have time to watch that much, for example Live Young Lifestyle, Tati, LisaD1, Annie Jaffrey and I can't remember others, but Melissa55 I watch on regular basis.

Last edited by Torontobase; 07-21-2019 at 07:04 AM..

Old 07-21-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Don't look now, but this is a Fashion and Beauty thread.
Lol...

Old 07-21-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobase View Post
Oh gosh!
Beauty is not about smashing other women down because they prefer to be high maintenance.

My list of skin care list is super long, including body care and beauty tools that I love and use on regular basis. I really have to use all of it to have the skin that I have now, otherwise I would have a lot more scars on my skin.

I'm guessing you are specifically asking about makeup?
Makeup application varies depending on the season and what products I use.

I have a few options of foundation because of this. Dior airflash foundation is perfect for the summer for those professional stuff going on at work and for date nights/bbq parties/weddings. I use Gerda Spillmann bio-fond; Lancome Feel So Good or YSL All Over Glow or CT tinted one and for the no makeup look, ByTerry cc cream mixed with cc serum - beautiful! Will get Tom Ford stick foundation after Gerda is all used up and would love to try Chanel new tinted one that feels like water when applied on.

Primer is from Bobbi Brown, it is moisturizing one that I like to use in the winter, mainly. I also have Sisley primer for special days only.

Highlighters would be CT and ByTerry in liquid formulations.

I prefer gel blush, ByTerry, Guerlain has one now, same with Chantecaille.
Liquid liner from TF or KVD or Lancome art liner is nice, for pencil UD 24/7. I do have one from Estee Lauder that is golden neutral that really give that wow factor.

Eyeshadows, I don't own a lot. Dior cool tone palette, Viseart neutral matt and that is it. Once it is all used up, I will try another brand and it takes awhile for me to finish.

This is my first year with bronzer that work well for my skin colour, CT bronzer is cool tone brown colour and light. Many years ago, my fav. was Wet&Wild gel bronzer (do you remember them?) and gel blush. Too bad they've been discontinued and their lip pencils! They were made in Germany, probably from the same manufacturer for high end brands.

As for lips, I have almost unlimited pencils and some lipstick, that once used, I'm not replacing them. The colours are similar and there is no need to have so many.
For pencils, I have Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury, Lancome (discontinued colour, so won't be buying anymore once I've run out) Sisley.

For gloss I own one...from CT in Pillow Talk.

As for mascara, only one will do-ByTerry twist mascara and open to try others, but that will be awhile since I have a couple of samples of other brands and keep getting more hand out to me from Sales Associates.

For eyebrows, I switch brands. Now it is Benefit because of these points I have and getting them for free. I have the one in the jar, the pencil, the brush wand and the balm like thing to keep them groomed well and promise hair growth.

False lashes is mainly from Quo and Ardell, some is from Sephora for special events.

I love makeup, but I can easily get tired of it. I go through fazes where I own a lot, next, own the very basic; and purchased some this year after all the stress and medical problems, but I can see myself cutting back drastically next year and use my fav. makeup only. As for skin care and body care, I maintain that every year.

Do we get into hair care? Night hair masks, masks, shampoos......

I love to follow Melissa55 on youtube and there is others, but I don't have time to watch that much, for example Live Young Lifestyle, Tati, LisaD1, Annie Jaffrey and I can't remember others, but Melissa55 I watch on regular basis.
I was asking about a favorite beauty product or 2.....that you love & use often. It can be makeup or cleansing products.....anything. I like to get ideas to review for my channel. Thank you for the answer, tho!

Old 07-21-2019, 04:47 PM

497 posts, read 422,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I was asking about a favorite beauty product or 2.....that you love & use often. It can be makeup or cleansing products.....anything. I like to get ideas to review for my channel. Thank you for the answer, tho!
I love it all!

Old 07-21-2019, 05:18 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I love make-up, beauty products, etc. I have since my teens in the 1970's. I've used drugstore brands, high end brands, mid-range brands of all kinds of cleansers, moisturizers, and makeup. I am now pushing 60 and have been told I look great for my age.

I know it's individual preferences, but these are the products I have decided you can't go wrong with:

- Noxema skin cream (I have used this starting at age 13, and have tried every other cleanser on the market). I used the Original in my teens and twenties, and the Plus Moisturizer version since my 30's. Nothing takes off makeup better and it never leaves your skin feeling dry, irritated, or tight.

- The Millani line of makeup. You can spend all the money you want on high-end more expensive makeup, but this line of makeup has never disappointed me. Expensive feel and wear for a drugstore price.

- I love the Sally's Beauty Distinctively Unique moisturizing lotion. I have semi-oily/super sensitive skin, and this dupe of Clinique's Dramatically Different lotion is the best I have ever tried and much cheaper than Clinique. It is my go-to day and night facial moisturizer and is never too oily, and has never broken my face out. Hope they don't discontinue it.

- For all over body moisturizer, you can't go wrong with Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion. Again, not too oily, never irritates, and I love the mild cocoa scent. I started using this almost 30 years ago when pregnant for the first time for that belly "itch" that comes with stretched skin, and never stopped using it.

- For hands, Gold Bond lotion. You can have all the heavily scented Bath and Body shop lotions - the Gold Bond healing hand lotion keeps my hands soft and looking young, and good for the nails too. The males in my family use it for winter-chapped hand as well.

- Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Nail Treatment. As a nail biter in my teens and twenties, I wanted nail once I hit my 30's and this is the only product I will put on my nail. It strengthens, hardens, and helps weakened nails grow, at least to the sport length that I like. Again nothing else I have tried has worked as well. Also gives the nails a nice shine.

- Garnier Sleek and Shine shampoo and conditioner. I have wiry middle-aged, graying hair (that I color treat to hide the advancing gray), that I wear in a straightened style just past shoulder length. This shampoo and conditioner make me hair smooth, sleek, and shiny. A must if you are going to wear your hair longer in your later years.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
- The Millani line of makeup. You can spend all the money you want on high-end more expensive makeup, but this line of makeup has never disappointed me. Expensive feel and wear for a drugstore price.
I hear lots about Milani....their 2 in 1 foundation + concealer is popular!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty