Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 03:26 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times

Advertisements

I'm female and occasionally buy men's or boys' shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 06:43 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,415,987 times
I often shop the kids department for spf t shirts and hiking pants. Much much cheaper.

Also socks and tank tops, camisoles etc. And I’m not that tiny, so I’m surprised at this. I wear a 7.5 shoe .

Boys xl and girls xl often fit. The only problem can be length.

I bought a pair of boys hiking pants at Walmart for 11 bucks, and the knees are reinforced.
A 50 upf long-sleeved tee was 9.97.

The price difference between kids and adult basic spf t-shirts from a popular catalog is often 30-40 bucks!!

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 07-27-2019 at 06:53 AM..

Old 07-28-2019, 09:13 AM

602 posts, read 504,275 times

Here's a guy who "by accident" discovered that he likes a particular kind of women's jeans* better and now wears them whenever he's wearing jeans. *He's really going "full circle" because they're "boyfriend" jeans. The only thing he doesn't like are the (lack of decent) pockets.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:26 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,518,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post

Here's a guy who "by accident" discovered that he likes a particular kind of women's jeans* better and now wears them whenever he's wearing jeans. *He's really going "full circle" because they're "boyfriend" jeans. The only thing he doesn't like are the (lack of decent) pockets.

What now, this silly person is complaining about the pockets that are "not too deep" in women's jeans?

How about FAKE pockets?

You cut one more production operation out, yet charge the same price, making profit margin even higher per every pair of jeans.

What's there is not to love?

P.S. I think if the corporations would try to pull this shtick with men's pants, there would be a MAJOR upheaval, so they don't dare.

Last edited by erasure; 07-28-2019 at 05:50 PM..

Old 07-28-2019, 06:41 PM

133 posts, read 75,169 times
I often shop in the men's department because the pants have real pockets, the fabric isn't paper-thin, and it's often the only way to get 100% cotton clothing. Why women spend money on some of the junk that the stores try to pass off as clothes is beyond me.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:43 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
I buy men's socks in winter. They seem to be better quality

Old 07-28-2019, 11:50 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,816,732 times
I buy capris(pedal pushers), because contrary to what the op said people say about mens shorts; they're too damn short. Was excited when I found a pair that had pockets that fit a bit more than a pack of smokes, nice not having my phone precariously hanging out a pocket, or just having pocketz in them.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:20 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,529,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
When I was younger, I used to wear men's jeans mostly. I had a flat butt, and men's jeans fit my back end better and tighter. Girls/Women's jeans were too baggy in the butt for me.

Now I'm older, and having gotten wider in the hips...the back end isn't so baggy anymore. lol
Back in the day, not only did I have a flat butt, I also had no hips. Mens jeans fit me so much better. Ah, to be able to fit into those 28 inch waists again.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:36 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post
For whatever reason (style preference, cost, better fit, etc.) who on here has bought clothing that is "intended" for the opposite gender (for yourself or your kids)? Or, if you're a small person, bought clothing "intended" for kids?

This is not about cross-dressers who are trying to (ostensibly) look like the opposite sex, nor is it about those who are transgender/have other gender identity issues. It's about buying clothes marketed towards the opposite gender and wearing them in a context where you are still presenting as your usual gender.

I think a good example that is relevant with the heat around the country right now is shorts. A lot of people complain how nowadays shorts for boys/men are too long while shorts for girls/women are too short. I've known people who have bought from the other department in both cases because of their preferences. (What's funny is I saw a pair of "women's" shorts online recently - a pretty "basic" pair with no frills/embellishments/etc., and the most "polarizing" review (i.e. the most up AND down votes) was from an older man who hates the long/baggy look typical of newer men's shorts and bought some shorter pairs intended for women. He said it does get a few looks and an occasional comment for being different, but negative comments are rare.)
This b/c why not? Some stuff is older looking and if it fits and is cheaper, why wouldn't you?

I buy Uggs and Chuck Taylors from the kids dept all the time. They look EXACTLY the same as the adult versions and are like half the price.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:34 AM

3 posts, read 1,606 times
I used to buy some male clothing, like shirts and sweatshirts. Usually, they are better than female and last longer. Also I could buy some hat or scarf in the male clothing department. I actually don't see any difference between male and female scarf. And if I see needed color in the male section, I just buy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty