Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 12:10 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times

Advertisements

How far is the gender separation on this? Any weird procedures men are doing? If it worked on breasts would it work on other areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 12:18 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
I'd go two blocks...after that I'd take an uber

Old 07-23-2019, 12:51 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
I would rather stick to Spanx then go under the knife! Ha.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:24 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
IMHO that stuff has little to do with "beauty" and everything to do with insecurity, desperation, and vanity.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:43 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,434,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
How far is the gender separation on this? Any weird procedures men are doing? If it worked on breasts would it work on other areas?
Guy here. Depends on how bad I wanted it. I don't want to be a different person.

But, some people have birth defects, and other people would like to have small procedures that they'd practically cry happy tears to have access to. Mole removal. Suppose you had a bump on your nose bridge that was a distraction each time you looked left just before pulling out into traffic? Small stuff like that can bother you.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:37 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Waxing my eyebrows professionally is about as far as I go.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
IMHO that stuff has little to do with "beauty" and everything to do with insecurity, desperation, and vanity.
ITA about the 24 hr. breast implants...or any elective surgery to alter our bodies surgically. I don't even think nose jobs or stuff like that is a good idea...too many risks, too much pain & a gamble.....

BUT...I'm not ita that makeup or "glam" for certain occasions is "desperate" or "insecure". It's fun to experiment & be the best you can be...or even change your look for fun...as long as it's not permanently changing it with surgery which is too far IMO. Working out, highlighting hair, false eyelashes, push up bras, mani/pedis, sugaring......just fun stuff to experiment & enhance how we feel...our skin, nails, hair, what we wear. It's not "desperate" to be creative with our looks or to want to feel attractive for ourselves & to our men.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:01 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Guy here. Depends on how bad I wanted it. I don't want to be a different person.

But, some people have birth defects, and other people would like to have small procedures that they'd practically cry happy tears to have access to. Mole removal. Suppose you had a bump on your nose bridge that was a distraction each time you looked left just before pulling out into traffic? Small stuff like that can bother you.
Mole removal is minor.....& lots of times they have to be removed.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:22 PM

157 posts, read 93,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I don't know. I view it more as someone who is using her body as a palette to project outward the image she sees herself as. If someone feels strongly enough about how they present themselves to the world that they want to permanently alter something, who am I to say that's any better or worse than anything I do to present myself to the world?

Old 07-24-2019, 05:48 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I would go pretty far.. especially getting breast implants. I've wanted to get the procedure for so long, but the high cost of it and the possibility of capsular contracture and rippling keep me from doing it..
Look up Breast Implant Illness on either Google or Facebook. See how many women are removing their implants because they are making them sick. Think about it; you are putting a foreign object into your body and your body is going to react. Think twice before you decide to get implants. Do your research. Latest information is that they should be replaced every 10 years. Do you want to do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty