Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 08:02 PM

587 posts, read 423,184 times

Advertisements

I see fair skinned people and I always think they would look better with more "color" to them- sun-kissed or tanned.

As a fair skinned Asian (gay male), I can't believe that many Asians want to look as white as possible with the skin whitening things they use. Or shielding themselves from the sun with an umbrella.
I don't particularly like spending time outside (even though I live in a sunny climate) and have naturally fair skin, so I spray tan and put fake tanning mousse on constantly. Plus tan skin makes the teeth look even whiter. I use teeth whitening strips too.

When I see pale skinned white people, esp when I travel to colder or more Northerly places, I always think there is no doubt those same people would look even better with a tan..even just a sun-kiss glow. Especially in the summer, if you are all pale and showing your body parts. All pasty and pale looks quite unattractive.

Mod cut: Off-topic comment.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-13-2019 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: Edited thread title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 08:16 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Some people are lighter skinned but you can tell if they've been in the sun. I agree, people look better when they have had some sun regardless of their skin tone. Otherwise they look sick.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Nope.

We fair haired and redheaded Irish embrace the porcelain.

This is identical to my little daughter's coloring... tan that? no way. She'd just burn, anyway, same as me.
Attached Thumbnails
Most People Look Better Tanned-portrait-redheaded-woman.jpg  

Old 08-06-2019, 08:32 PM

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

I mentioned my race for context and acknowledged that a sun kissed glow on fair-skinned people (both Asians and whites) likely makes them look better...makes them look more vibrant/ healthy/ makes teeth look whiter...seems pretty far-fetched that you pulled the "racism" card out.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-13-2019 at 10:55 PM..

Old 08-06-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nope.

This is identical to my little daughter's coloring... tan that? no way. She'd just burn, anyway, same as me.
Most people, as in the title

Agree redheads don't look as good tanned as others

Old 08-06-2019, 09:22 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,010,695 times
Is it even possible for a redhead to tan? I've never seen one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nope.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:42 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
For the most part, I'm the opposite and think people should tan less. I can't stand the "tanorexic" look, it's too leathery and harsh looking. Also, the older one gets, it's less of an even tan and more of lots of age spots and wrinkles.

I can only think of one person who I've ever thought should get a tan and that's the unmentionable's daughter, Tiffany. She looks very pasty in pictures and could possibly benefit from a slight tan.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:48 AM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
I'm a sort of failed redhead (some Irish ancestors). I have greenish eyes and super red highlights in my hair when I'm in the sun. I hate the sun, though, and I try to avoid it whenever I can. The result is now I have very white skin and my hair is so dark my mother thought I'd dyed it the last time she saw me. But I have to admit, I do look much better with a little - a very little - tan. When I was younger and out in the sun a lot, my hair would lighten and my skin would darken and I'd look the same color all over. It wasn't a very good look.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:13 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
I lost a friend to skin cancer. I have zero desire to tan. People will just have to be disgusted by how sickly pale I am. I think I look fine, and that’s all that really matters to me.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:22 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Because the skin is an organ we need to treat it with its own set of nutrients. No different then the care given to the liver or kidneys.

My doctor will often inspect the skin for dryness...or color, or injuries. Easy bruising...

For myself being fair skinned. ..any ashen coloring or reddening usually is an indicator my need for certain changes .

You bet I love the sun..and not too keen on being vitamin d deficient. I have a lovely sun kissed glow of skin. I hydrate . If I go pale..my BP is dropping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty