U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 06:26 PM

11,249 posts, read 13,254,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
The same applies to men. A Ralph Lauren T-shirt isn't the same as say a Hanes or Gildan as far as dressing up/down.
Fine, but that's really a matter of opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 06:39 PM

6,126 posts, read 2,714,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
The same applies to men. A Ralph Lauren T-shirt isn't the same as say a Hanes or Gildan as far as dressing up/down.
Huh? A t-shirt is a t-shirt. Having a tiny embroidered horse doesn't elevate the look....at all.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:06 PM

4,456 posts, read 1,937,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhogHR View Post
Is a bra a fashion item??? Hate.
That's my despicable vote too! Along with buttoned shirts, jeans, high heels, vests, belts, dresses, skirts.

But unlike those, we have to wear the undergarment... (outside, at least)

I like yoga pants and stretchy shirts.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:15 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,234,963 times
Favorite: scarves, belts, gloves, hats

Old 01-03-2020, 04:57 PM

11,100 posts, read 6,776,548 times
Really dislike boat necks now.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:12 AM

396 posts, read 143,032 times
Favorites: military style short boots, brown knee length boiled wool coat, knee high black boots with a faux fur cuff, multi-colored striped scarf, close fitting viscose ribbed sweater in green or camel

Least favorite: UGG boots, puffer coats, vests, and polar fleece (all warm but not flattering). And short (waist high) jackets that don't cover the lower region adequately.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:31 PM

2,568 posts, read 598,575 times
Favorite....Bf jeans, heels, skirts, waist jackets, tees......I love a low cut white or light colored tee...(long sleeve or short).... because it can be paired with so many different things for a variety of looks & accessorized with a scarf or jewelry........

Least.....HATE "polo shirts" ....(dated IMO)...... & button down shirts...too manly looking & conservative. They just aren't "fashion items" to me.........

Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM

621 posts, read 316,428 times
I never liked the button down "manly looking" shirts on women. To me, it looks like they didn't do their laundry and put on one of their husband's shirts.

I also don't care for this new fad of wearing tops with cut-out shoulders. If you want your shoulders to show, just wear a tank top,

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,467,914 times
Likes: V neck t-shirts, jeans, cargo pants, bootleg jeans, Doc Martens, statement necklaces & other unusual jewelry, bold colors/prints, tank tops.

Dislikes: Crocs, skinny jeans, women's cut t-shirts, pastels, those silly tiny purses, capri pants, those high waisted jeans or the flood-length ones.

Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,690,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Huh? A t-shirt is a t-shirt. Having a tiny embroidered horse doesn't elevate the look....at all.
I don't agree. My $52 dollar Tommy Bahama Pocket T-shirts (I have dozens) are acceptable dress here in Maui at a number of places where an "I'm with Stupid" T-shirt, or similar, would not be.

My least favorite items are neckties or turtlenecks. Also those silly looking ascots.

BTW: Just wanted to add, I've only worn long pants about 3-4 times in the last 6 years, and then only when visiting religious sites (ex. Fatima), that require them. I love casual wear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or