U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:46 AM

31,308 posts, read 34,529,250 times

Advertisements

CeraVe cleanser and a moisturizer with spf is what I've been doing for a couple years. The days of my bathroom looking like a chemistry class are over and I hardly think about it. I SHOULD be using a higher spf for sure, and using it on my exposed body parts as well, but most sunscreens cause flushing and then my face sweats....and I can't handle that so I just avoid being outside. I still experiment with things though and if I find something stronger than what I'm currently using I'll switch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:06 AM

38,746 posts, read 47,644,566 times
I posted this in another thread....I’ve been using DHC Urumai products on my old face, and I really like it. My skin is oily and sensitive, and I can’t use anything that will irritate my eyes.

The three products, soap, clarifying lotion, and cream were $58. I use the soap with my Clarisonic. It makes super creamy suds and my skin is squeaky clean (I love that). Then I splash on the clarifying lotion and finish with the cream. I gives my skin a nice glow.

Sometimes I use a tinted moisturizer (Neutrogena) with sunscreen over it.

Old Today, 07:48 AM

11,995 posts, read 5,618,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
CeraVe cleanser and a moisturizer with spf is what I've been doing for a couple years. The days of my bathroom looking like a chemistry class are over and I hardly think about it. I SHOULD be using a higher spf for sure, and using it on my exposed body parts as well, but most sunscreens cause flushing and then my face sweats....and I can't handle that so I just avoid being outside. I still experiment with things though and if I find something stronger than what I'm currently using I'll switch.
I've had the same experience with sunscreen on my face. I feel like it blocks my pores, then my face starts to sweat even if it's not hot. I don't go out in the sun without a visor or hat these days. Unfortunately I was raised in Florida in the 70's where we went to the beach with baby oil mixed with iodine! I got some pretty bad burns when I was younger and I didn't start using moisturizers till my 40's. I am just blessed with good genes, however I lost 40 pounds over the last 4 years and it shows in my face & neck. I plan to make an appointment with my plastic surgeon soon.

I recently purchased No. 7 intense serum that was supposed to show a noticeable difference in the lines that run from the nose to the mouth and between the eyes. Haven't noticed any difference and I've been using it for almost 2 months now. My normal routine IF I'm wearing foundation is to use serum, then moisturizer, then primer, then a moisturizing foundation and my skin still looks flaky at the end of the day despite once a week exfoliating.

Old Today, 11:07 AM

11,202 posts, read 5,927,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do you use chemical sunscreens or physical sunscreens? A lot of people react to the chemical sunscreens so perhaps you could look into the mineral options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty