U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 01:17 PM

8,240 posts, read 3,018,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Please, Ruth, it's very important that we get to the bottom of this (no pun intended).

Snort!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 01:20 PM

4,456 posts, read 1,930,042 times
I think it's interesting! I'm remembering a couple slender, athletic-type women I knew---nice, shoulder-length hair. I saw them from behind, they were both wearing halter-tops, bare shoulders.

I was stunned when they turned around and had haggard, wrinkled faces. I really thought they were 20-year-olds from behind.

My own observation is largely on posture. Lots of older folks have some degree of stooping. And hair, the typical old-lady haircut. Plus being gray, of course.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:24 PM

4,173 posts, read 1,934,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Please, Ruth, it's very important that we get to the bottom of this (no pun intended).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Snort!
I'll see your snort and raise you a silly giggle

Old 08-27-2019, 01:41 PM

8,240 posts, read 3,018,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I'll see your snort and raise you a silly giggle

LOL

Old 08-27-2019, 04:33 PM

6,733 posts, read 1,825,265 times
I was recently in a high end hotel restaurant. There is a man that lives in the hotel and he was having lunch with a woman but I could only see her from behind. I was 100% certain she was a trophy wife/gf. But then I saw her face and she looked to be about 70. lol .

Old 08-27-2019, 05:14 PM

5,403 posts, read 2,209,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I generally can but there have been a few cases that I was surprised. They looked considerably older than they appeared from behind. What is it that makes women look young with their backs to you? I have my own theories.

Slender waist and a tight tush.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:21 PM

7,632 posts, read 4,235,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I generally can but there have been a few cases that I was surprised. They looked considerably older than they appeared from behind. What is it that makes women look young with their backs to you? I have my own theories.
No. Unless you're talking about an extreme case of sag, or the difference of age 30 or 70.

There are other much more reliable ways. Face, hair, and clothing.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:35 PM

7,870 posts, read 13,324,953 times
If I was desperate enough to try to guess a woman's age from looking at her rear, I definitely would keep it to myself instead of saying anything to her. She would probably get out on justifiable homicide.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:07 PM

80,980 posts, read 74,080,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I think it's interesting! I'm remembering a couple slender, athletic-type women I knew---nice, shoulder-length hair. I saw them from behind, they were both wearing halter-tops, bare shoulders.

I was stunned when they turned around and had haggard, wrinkled faces. I really thought they were 20-year-olds from behind.

My own observation is largely on posture. Lots of older folks have some degree of stooping. And hair, the typical old-lady haircut. Plus being gray, of course.
I rest my case.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:43 PM

3,015 posts, read 2,868,760 times
Silly Q but I'll play along.....

Her curve and taper
Makes the clothes that drape her
Always look so fine

Her walk and carriage
None will dare disparage
A timepiece sublime!

I find the hands, neck, and face to be most telling of a woman's age.

There is an attractive brunette I see occasionally while walking downtown at lunch in nice business dress most often walking toward me. Probably 5'7 / 120 and small on top. She looks like a cross between Sigourney Weaver and Lena Olin and I guess her to be in her 40s. I have always seen her walking toward me and in nice longer skirts.

I'm in the grocery store this past weekend and I notice this woman in yoga leggings and Football jersey top. Its her. So this time I got a chance to introduce myself. Her walk, posture, slender shapely legs and hips make her look younger. She has a youthful stance and saunter that beckons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or