Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 11:32 AM

20,615 posts, read 8,384,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk016 View Post
Try facial exercises. Obviously, you won't get instant gratification. Search for face yoga to help naso-labial folds.
Oleda has done facial exercises for her entire adult life and she is 85. Her doctor testifies that she has not had a facelift. I think she said she uses botox now to prevent wrinkles. She also uses bioidentical hormones, has always been fit and active and her weight is the same now, 120, as when she modeled. An inspiration!

She has always covered up and worn sunscreen since she was a teen. Very healthy lifestyle, excellent skincare which enabled her to model into her late 30s which was very unusual decades ago. Most of us are too lazy to do what she has done but many tips are helpful.

She has only unretouched photos on her website so you can see she has barely changed in her lifetime.

https://oleda.com/

Here she is dancing at the age of 81. How someone moves makes them look older or younger than their age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puC3d6hKwyY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 11:52 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,498,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Oleda has done facial exercises for her entire adult life and she is 85. Her doctor testifies that she has not had a facelift. I think she said she uses botox now to prevent wrinkles. She also uses bioidentical hormones, has always been fit and active and her weight is the same now, 120, as when she modeled. An inspiration!

She has always covered up and worn sunscreen since she was a teen. Very healthy lifestyle, excellent skincare which enabled her to model into her late 30s which was very unusual decades ago. Most of us are too lazy to do what she has done but many tips are helpful.

She has only unretouched photos on her website so you can see she has barely changed in her lifetime.

Here she is dancing at the age of 81. How someone moves makes them look older or younger than their age
Thank you. I will check this out.

Seems like she would be an inspiration. To see what's possible, if you take care of yourself. Thanks!

Old 08-28-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post
I've had Juvaderm fillers in my NL folds and also deep lines at the corner of my mouth. I found the results to be amazing - took years off how I looked and was a great boost to self esteem. I had 'touch ups' done about 12 months later and since I didn't need as many syringes as the first time, the cost was less.

Sadly I'm now on blood thinner drugs and have been reluctant to have it done again. I'd say go for it, I don't think you'll be sorry, but just make sure your in capable hands. Realself.com is a great resource.
Thank you! Sorry about the blood thinners. Be careful. They caused my stepmother some problems, but I think it was because of her other medications.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:32 PM

497 posts, read 416,871 times
Sigh..... I know this will be another battle for me. I've heard adding collagen and using microcurrent can help. I use NuFace device and looking into collagen, but I have to run it by my doctor because of other medications that I take.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobase View Post
Sigh..... I know this will be another battle for me. I've heard adding collagen and using microcurrent can help. I use NuFace device and looking into collagen, but I have to run it by my doctor because of other medications that I take.
Adding collagen to what?

By "microcurrent," are you talking about the electrical (battery) stimulation?

Old 08-30-2019, 08:39 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,085,284 times
Quote:

Do you like your NuFace? Is it working?

Old 08-30-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Adding collagen to what?

By "microcurrent," are you talking about the electrical (battery) stimulation?
Adding more collagen to your diet.
Using NuFace beauty device or pay lots of money and get the medical treatment that they offer.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Do you like your NuFace? Is it working?
Yes it is working. I just got it and it works and I am really trying to work the jowls/naso-folds and the double chin area (because I think with age, that part can sag) as a preventative. I lost a lot of weight and it help bounce my skin back.

Old 08-31-2019, 08:35 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,085,284 times
Quote:
Yes it is working. I just got it and it works and I am really trying to work the jowls/naso-folds and the double chin area (because I think with age, that part can sag) as a preventative. I lost a lot of weight and it help bounce my skin back.

Thanks! I've been toying with the idea of getting one.

Old 08-31-2019, 02:22 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,026,037 times
I can’t believe the amount of people who’ll inject crap into their face. Just age gracefully...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty