Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 08:41 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times

Advertisements

I'm not referring to a $90 bag. I'm talking about products like:

https://www.sephora.com/product/rise...414671:product
https://www.sephora.com/product/nigh...414672:product
https://www.sephora.com/product/out-...436101:product

Even Sunday Riley has a couple of mini sets:

https://www.sephora.com/product/flas...436904:product
https://www.sephora.com/product/mult...432053:product
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 08:47 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
This was the one I thought you meant https://m.sephora.com/product/the-littles-P442278

Those drunk elephant samples seem pretty good. I just bought the $28 Sunday Riley one

Last edited by Bridge781; 09-13-2019 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Added

Old 09-18-2019, 11:07 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
I like pre-packaged sealed samples, but if you ask for a sample of something in Sephora, they usually take the sample display bottle or jar of cream and make a sample from that, which I never felt comfortable with. If they have the sealed samples, they will give you one but if not, they get your sample out of the display sample, where lets face it, most customers don't use a clean test scooper to use on their skin. I think the jars especially can be contaminated very quickly, but the bottles with the push down are okay, I guess, if they keep the nozzle clean.

Old 09-18-2019, 12:32 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I like pre-packaged sealed samples, but if you ask for a sample of something in Sephora, they usually take the sample display bottle or jar of cream and make a sample from that, which I never felt comfortable with. If they have the sealed samples, they will give you one but if not, they get your sample out of the display sample, where lets face it, most customers don't use a clean test scooper to use on their skin. I think the jars especially can be contaminated very quickly, but the bottles with the push down are okay, I guess, if they keep the nozzle clean.
Ita with you....I will only use pre-packaged samples.....

Old 09-18-2019, 05:10 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I usually sample the ones that have a push top or nozzle. Makes me feel a little better. Hopefully people use the spatula thing but I’m sure they don’t.

I when two kids in school, take public transportation everyday to work. I’m exposed to germs ��

Old 09-18-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ita with you....I will only use pre-packaged samples.....
I don't know why they still continue with the practice of making samples for customers from the tester jars, it's really like playing Russian Roulette. They can ask (demand) the manufacturer supply them with sealed samples and I think the companies would bend over backwards to make them happy and their customers safe.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I usually sample the ones that have a push top or nozzle. Makes me feel a little better. Hopefully people use the spatula thing but I’m sure they don’t.

I when two kids in school, take public transportation everyday to work. I’m exposed to germs ��
Yes, I would sample out of push top or the nozzle, those are more hygienic except sometimes people like to scrape the last of the cream from the nozzle on their skin. Maybe check out the nozzle to see if it looks clean or clean it yourself before using

Old 09-19-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I don't know why they still continue with the practice of making samples for customers from the tester jars, it's really like playing Russian Roulette. They can ask (demand) the manufacturer supply them with sealed samples and I think the companies would bend over backwards to make them happy and their customers safe.
Lots more people use them than I would think would....& I don’t know, is it cheaper for the store? Do you know if they have to pay for the samples? I know from wanting to buy a bedroom chaise...when I tried to get fabric samples to bring home...one salesperson told me they are charged for additional samples if I didn’t return them so she had to charge me to take them & said she would credit me when I come back....

So....your post made me think....if Sephora is charged for the pre-packaged samples, it would be cheaper to offer the tester jars....

Old 09-19-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Lots more people use them than I would think would....& I don’t know, is it cheaper for the store? Do you know if they have to pay for the samples? I know from wanting to buy a bedroom chaise...when I tried to get fabric samples to bring home...one salesperson told me they are charged for additional samples if I didn’t return them so she had to charge me to take them & said she would credit me when I come back....

So....your post made me think....if Sephora is charged for the pre-packaged samples, it would be cheaper to offer the tester jars....
Good question! I would think the companies would offer it free since it would sell more products. Also, if it puts customers at risk, they really have to change the practice. What if a customer had a wound on her hands, like a cut, and she was using the sample, some of the bacteria present in the cream could migrate into the cut, not to mention if it was a face cream with nose and mouth, the least of these worries blocked pores or a slight reaction to the cream from irritation. Maybe, they have to buy the samples, then they have to buy them or risk a customer getting a bad reaction or worse, ill from the sample.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Good question! I would think the companies would offer it free since it would sell more products. Also, if it puts customers at risk, they really have to change the practice. What if a customer had a wound on her hands, like a cut, and she was using the sample, some of the bacteria present in the cream could migrate into the cut, not to mention if it was a face cream with nose and mouth, the least of these worries blocked pores or a slight reaction to the cream from irritation. Maybe, they have to buy the samples, then they have to buy them or risk a customer getting a bad reaction or worse, ill from the sample.
It’s not just Sephora...but if they pay for them or not, they are going to run out...like at the makeup counters in dept stores. Everyone wants samples! I’m also thinking of the bath & body stores with the natural “hand-made” products that have become so popular.....& there are shared opened samples everywhere....lotions...creams...scrubs...bars of soap! Then people wash their hands in the counter sink next to some of the products & drip their hands & I’ve seen some of the products get wet or soggy...wrapped in their cellophane packaging...eww. It’s really kinda disgusting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty