Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 08:27 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

I’m looking for something kinda dramatic...(like a cc or d curl)..& have been afraid to pull that trigger.....

Then I found Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara & LOVE it.....so I’m probably forgetting the extensions idea...(I’m such a scaredy cat). Anyone have experiences tho....with a good brand.....just out of curiosity.....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 04:36 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
I want eyelash extensions so bad, but I can't justify the cost to upkeep them.

If I were to do it I would just look into the most reputable place with people who are certified. Depending on your state they may require people to have a license in cosmetology or aesthetics to work as a lash technician. Some states don't require it, though.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:12 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
My sister, who already had long, curly eyelashes had the lash extensions put on. Turns out she was allergic to the glue used to put them on and she wound up losing most of her own lashes.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My sister, who already had long, curly eyelashes had the lash extensions put on. Turns out she was allergic to the glue used to put them on and she wound up losing most of her own lashes.
Sorry about your sister....but they do grow back. Usually allergic reactions are rare....causing itchiness...even a little swelling if it’s bad. You can use a special cortisone cream to help......if this happens.......but they do have hypoallergenic glue now too.......

Old 09-13-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I want eyelash extensions so bad, but I can't justify the cost to upkeep them.

If I were to do it I would just look into the most reputable place with people who are certified. Depending on your state they may require people to have a license in cosmetology or aesthetics to work as a lash technician. Some states don't require it, though.
Ty...yes....a licensed esthetician or cosmetologist.....but I’m still a scaredy cat.....

Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandF View Post
I don’t like to grow eyelashes, because more often than not they harm your present. Be careful before choosing a brand.
I’m probably gonna stick with liquid lash extensions mascara....tho extensions aren’t that harmful IMO

Old 09-13-2019, 10:52 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I’m probably gonna stick with liquid lash extensions mascara....tho extensions aren’t that harmful IMO
A dear friend has sparse lashes and she gets extensions now. She goes every two months, and plans for a rest about twice a year where she doesn’t get them, so her lashes can recover. She plans around her schedule. She lost a lot of hair and lashes and eyebrows in her last bout of chemo therapy, and anything to feel normal is a good thing.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
A dear friend has sparse lashes and she gets extensions now. She goes every two months, and plans for a rest about twice a year where she doesn’t get them, so her lashes can recover. She plans around her schedule. She lost a lot of hair and lashes and eyebrows in her last bout of chemo therapy, and anything to feel normal is a good thing.
I didn’t think lash extensions were recommended with chemo cause of the irritations so common with chemo.....but lashes grow back like hair does....

They recommend your skin & lashes be healthy or they normally won’t do it......but maybe some unlicensed places would....

I’m like most...I think they look dramatic ...cc or d curl....for special nights out or when I do my videos...but so far I just use fake eyelashes.....but they have come a long way too......

Health & healing to your friend.......

Last edited by TashaPosh; 09-13-2019 at 11:18 AM..

Old 09-13-2019, 12:32 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I’m looking for something kinda dramatic...(like a cc or d curl)..& have been afraid to pull that trigger.....

Then I found Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara & LOVE it.....so I’m probably forgetting the extensions idea...(I’m such a scaredy cat). Anyone have experiences tho....with a good brand.....just out of curiosity.....?
What is it that you are afraid of? Also, it's not really like "pulling a trigger." You can just try them out and if you don't like them, just don't have them done again.

I started getting extensions a little over 2 years ago and I absolutely LOVE them! They aren't all that expensive and they look incredibly gorgeous. I get compliments on them all the time.

I go to a certified lash technician/cosmetologist who does them for me. The ones I get are Novalash. I totally love them so much and they have not done anything to harm my natural lashes. I go for "fill-ins" about every 2 -3 weeks. I could go longer in between, but I love them so much that I want them to always look full and freshly done. I joke with my lash tech that if I ever win the lottery, I'll have her come to my house every several days to keep them as full as possible.

https://www.facebook.com/NovalashUS/

As you can tell, I highly recommend them!

Old 09-13-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
What is it that you are afraid of? Also, it's not really like "pulling a trigger." You can just try them out and if you don't like them, just don't have them done again.

I started getting extensions a little over 2 years ago and I absolutely LOVE them! They aren't all that expensive and they look incredibly gorgeous. I get compliments on them all the time.

I go to a certified lash technician/cosmetologist who does them for me. The ones I get are Novalash. I totally love them so much and they have not done anything to harm my natural lashes. I go for "fill-ins" about every 2 -3 weeks. I could go longer in between, but I love them so much that I want them to always look full and freshly done. I joke with my lash tech that if I ever win the lottery, I'll have her come to my house every several days to keep them as full as possible.

https://www.facebook.com/NovalashUS/

As you can tell, I highly recommend them!
Thank you....I’m just a scaredy cat...even tho I know irritations are rare & minor! If I try...I worry something could go wrong.....not that I wouldn’t like them. I love the new liquid lash extensions .....it looks like extensions tho it’s expensive for mascara.....$25. I love “Too Faced Better Than Sex” mascara too....it’s about the same price. My friends don’t think I need extensions....& it might be better to just do false when I need it for special occasions or videos....& not at work. It’s not like you can take extensions off.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty