Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 11:25 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
They are definitely designed for one or the other too tho.....you aren’t going to find all the styles of hoodies for a woman in the man’s section....& you aren’t going to find small skinny jeans with your pick of fits from jeggings to super skinny to curvy in the boys clothing section......

Even tee shirts have different cuts in a woman’s than a mans....narrow shoulders & skinnier arms....
Notice where I said for the most part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
There are so many sizes & styles to fit all kinds of body shapes for us.....so if you just like the style of boys clothes or you want to bend genders....that’s ok....many do.....you don’t need a reason. But...don’t say it’s because boys clothes are only marketed for boys & they really are no different.......because they are different...in cut & style.......shoes, jeans, tees, hoodies........
Don't imply that I said what I clearly did not say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 11:30 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Notice where I said for the most part?

Don't imply that I said what I clearly did not say.
Ok ...shrugs....you said for the *most part* & I still disagree....because cut & style of boys clothes are way different than Jr size or women’s clothes......it’s not just marketing......

Old 10-07-2019, 05:15 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
When I was really thin (up til about 2 years ago) I was 5' 3" and around 102 lbs so had a very hard time finding clothing to fit me. I found that a lot of the sizes that WOULD fit were the junior's sizes but the cuts were too frilly and the clothing too cutsey-looking which is not my style at all. I often bought my clothes in the boys' section and wore a size medium or large. The clothing was far less costly, seemed to last longer and was more appropriate for the type of work that I did for a decent part of my career (manufacturing operations manager). How serious are ya going to take me if I am out there on the floor in skinny cut pants and a barely-to-the-waist top?

I am no longer 102 pounds thanks to that wonderful time politely referred to as 'change of life' I still buy a lot of my shirts for casual wear from the men's department and buy my work shoes from the boys' department since they are more comfortable and cost less. A boys' size 3 is approximate to a woman's size 5.5 so it works for me! I buy my jeans/pants from the women's department since I have an hourglass figure and am too hippy for men's pants.

Personally everyone should just shop whatever side of the aisle they prefer and buy what they like because there is no standard body shapes for either sex.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:26 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,658 times
I don't buy nor wear men's clothing.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:51 AM

339 posts, read 148,657 times
Quote:
I've noticed more and more ladies shopping at men's clothing section at dept stores. No, they are not buying them for a guy they are buying for themselves. I see ladies mostly buying guy jackets, sweat shirts, blazers, and dress shirts.

I have bought certain men's clothing items on occasion. Mainly, bed pants, t-shirts, guy jackets, sweat shirts etc. They cost less than women's clothes. I like a good buy. A lot of the time guys clothing has higher quality as well. Women already get taxed and pay more for many things so I choose to pay less when I can do so!

Old 10-15-2019, 07:18 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
My daughter asked to go to the men's department this week to look for long sleeved, nice thick cotton baseball tees. Not the thin flimsy things from the women's dept.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
My daughter asked to go to the men's department this week to look for long sleeved, nice thick cotton baseball tees. Not the thin flimsy things from the women's dept.
good for her! I can't believe some of the garbage they sell in the women's dept. T-shirts that look like they're made of tissue paper ugh. My summer sleep shirts are men's v-neck T's. For one thing they are 100% cotton and I am somewhat sensitive to polyester, plus they are roomy and much more comfortable than anything similar that I've found in the women's dept
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty