U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 04:06 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,002,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ita....I gave up in another post & said that I was through with all the toxic stuff & people not understanding or reading my posts...to what the party is.....or trying to understand what many other women will be wearing & the 2 dresses I have. It was just bimbo stuff & dressing trashy or posts that I would ruin my Bfs reputation or that it’s a work party when it’s not..(so I should dress like it’s an interview ) or how I should act...so....I would totally love it if people stop opening the thread....because there is nothing here but toxicity for “Pete’s” sake.......

Do you know what the other women are wearing? You said you wanted to fit in with what they were wearing. If so, then you already know what to wear, right?
Rate this post positively

Old 09-17-2019, 04:28 PM

18,021 posts, read 11,148,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
After being called bimbo so many times.......(& people not understanding formal gowns)....I gave up a couple of pages ago. People don’t listen...they are still calling it a work party & not thinking about how some of the other women may be dressed too. This is a personal party....hosted by his very good personal friend....that is also his oldest partner & I’m sure every woman at the party is not going in turtleneck formal dresses. It’s like people have never been at a formal party before...or know that skin on a formal dress is *normal*...check the stores....but they stupidly compare it to me wearing club wear every time & call me a bimbo....when they don’t read my posts or *try* to understand the type of party or what I’m asking & I’m so over the toxicity...the “dressing trashy” & bimbo stuff.....

I’ll continue with my friends or on my vlog....I need to make a decision or buy a new dress...ty anyways.....
What are you - in high school? You don't think there is anything between turtleneck and trashy? You can't bother yourself to find a pic of something in the vein of what you're considering? Grow up...or suffer the consequences.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:29 PM

5,979 posts, read 1,628,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
Do you know what the other women are wearing? You said you wanted to fit in with what they were wearing. If so, then you already know what to wear, right?
Thank you for asking beyond bimbo & trashy dressing posts.....yes...& no!!!! Like my O.P. says Bf already said that he has seen other revealing dresses at formal parties like this & it is *normal* & I would fit in....(ofc he encouraged it tho how much do guys think about that stuff)...BUT...not all women will & since it’s a unique thing that his good friend hosting this private gala is also his oldest partner.....I was kinda unsure....& got caught up second guessing myself. If I knew someone who went last year, I could call her up & ask for the breakdown of conservative formals & skin baring formals...... at myself....

Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,002,456 times
Wear the dress. It seems like you want to and bf is okay with it.

Get yourself a nice cover up, like a sweater or something, to bring with you. Just in case you happen to stand out, you’ll have your sweater or jacket to throw on. Something light since it’s still hot out.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:09 PM

1,160 posts, read 361,331 times
Haha this is too funny. Why do you care what the other women wear? Are you trying to get their attention?

Old 09-17-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Haha this is too funny. Why do you care what the other women wear? Are you trying to get their attention?
I dress for my Bfs attention....but I don’t want to stand out when the man hosting is also his oldest partner & I always want to be dressed appropriately for the event..........I explained that tho..........

Old 09-17-2019, 05:18 PM

3,812 posts, read 2,232,828 times
No one said you were a bimbo wannabe. People were basically agreeing with YOUR implied premise that wearing “revealing” (your word) clothing at the home of boyfriend’s boss (who later evolved into “friend” more than boss despite the thread title focusing on “boss”) sends the wrong message.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:20 PM

9,800 posts, read 4,152,489 times
Mod cut: Copyrighted images.

is it like this......or this......or this....? Pick number 3.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-17-2019 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: Please use links only for copyrighted images.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:21 PM

3,812 posts, read 2,232,828 times
Can you just answer this: What is the downside of wearing something not overly revealing to this party? There are plenty of places this rich boyfriend can take you on the town where you can be as revealing as you want.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
Wear the dress. It seems like you want to and bf is okay with it.

Ty Jaynay....I should trust him more on this.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.