U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 11:58 PM

4,413 posts, read 4,111,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
So....my Bf is now here & I’m embarrassed I’m still type type typing on this & a couple of other threads....

Thank you for the answers......
Can't get embarrased if you don't care...
And what is ofc?

Old 09-17-2019, 02:51 AM

4,084 posts, read 1,863,983 times
Quote:
It’s not a need to be admired....but I want to look good for my BF....something wrong with that?

No, you want to wear your dress and are looking for justification.

If you love your boyfriend at all, you'll try and find out what the normal dress code is for these events and the work to impress within the range of expectations. As others have said, this is a work party. He needs you getting people saying they like you guys. That's what's going to impress him. In situations like this, hearing you were magnificent in there is 100x better than you looked magnificent in there.

He needs you, and he needs to you to do it with appropriate clothes on.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:05 AM

8,216 posts, read 7,135,637 times
Quote:
It’s not a need to be admired....but I want to look good for my BF....something wrong with that?
There would be something wrong with that only if your boyfriend wants you to wear revealing clothing, and if he does then you should be seriously questioning his real motives for advertising you that way. It would indicate a lack of respect for you and it would make you look like his bimbo arm candy du jour that he is showing off to his boss and his friends. Which will lower him in the estimation of his boss because his boss will think your boyfriend has no class. It won't win you any respect from the boss either.

If you only want to make an impression on behalf of your boyfriend instead of on behalf of yourself then wear whatever your boyfriend wants you to wear and you can deal with the consequences, whatever they may be, good or bad.

If you want to make a really GOOD impression on behalf of both your boyfriend and yourself then wear something classy and not revealing. That will make your boyfriend look like he has class for choosing a classy woman with high self esteem who is worthy of respect and is not a piece of arm candy with no self respect and no common sense who has to rely on her sexy appearance and revealing clothes to make an impression.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:40 AM

18,936 posts, read 12,073,955 times
Quote:
It’s totally fashionable to show skin & wear revealing dresses on a special night out....but I’m kinda worrying I shouldn’t for a party at the house of my Bf’s boss. Bf says he has seen revealing dresses at other parties like it & won’t be any problem...I’d fit right in. I know it’s not work stuff for him....but....still a little hesitant tho. I definitely want to be myself too....but it’s the first time I am meeting his work friends.........so I’m torn....

No. Over my many careers, I have seen otherwise upcoming employees kill their jobs by screwing up at company functions. No faster way to make management turn on you than to drink too much, say too much, or dress inappropriately.

First rule of getting through these events is for you AND YOUR DATE to not drink anything, or maybe just one drink, do not get involved in deep discussions, and measure every word you say. Even though it is a "party", it is not...…...it is akin to a job interview.

At one company party I went to, the wife of a young manager got blitzed, started dancing like a stripper, and had to be carried out. That young manager was not around very much longer.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:48 AM

3,478 posts, read 2,834,288 times
Wait, what was the question? OP, you’ve obviously already made up your mind. Wear whatever you want, you do you.

But please update us on what outfit you do decide to wear, and what the other women at the party were wearing.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 AM

6,449 posts, read 2,947,252 times
Quote:
It’s not work related......it’s a personal party.....but it’s at his boss’s house....

Then it's work related.

As someone else pointed out, you'll never feel embarrassed by showing less skin than you could.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 AM

23,063 posts, read 24,972,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
No, you want to wear your dress and are looking for justification.

If you love your boyfriend at all, you'll try and find out what the normal dress code is for these events and the work to impress within the range of expectations. As others have said, this is a work party. He needs you getting people saying they like you guys. That's what's going to impress him. In situations like this, hearing you were magnificent in there is 100x better than you looked magnificent in there.

He needs you, and he needs to you to do it with appropriate clothes on.
And she keeps saying the event is formal, but "formal" and "revealing" are not the same thing. Elegant and classic are what she should be going for, especially if this is at the boss's house.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:38 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,750,697 times
Quote:
It’s totally fashionable to show skin & wear revealing dresses on a special night out....but I’m kinda worrying I shouldn’t for a party at the house of my Bf’s boss. Bf says he has seen revealing dresses at other parties like it & won’t be any problem...I’d fit right in. I know it’s not work stuff for him....but....still a little hesitant tho. I definitely want to be myself too....but it’s the first time I am meeting his work friends.........so I’m torn....
You're worrying about it. Yet you've disagreed with the many people who have advised not to wear a revealing dress to a party that is hosted by a boss and where work friends (aka co-workers) will be in attendance. If you're going to disagree with everyone, why bother asking? Can you post a photo or a link to the dress? We'll be better to advise you on whether it's appropriate for the type of party you'll be attending.

FWIW, you can be beautiful and sexy without revealing your ladybits.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:02 AM

916 posts, read 333,165 times
I knew a guy who did not mind his beautiful gf wearing sexy clothes at all to many events, and actually he encouraged her to do so plus flirting with guys. She was very useful for him to make lots of money.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:09 AM

11,879 posts, read 22,127,688 times
Quote:
With respect to your mom....I’m 31...& beautiful, sexy clothes are meant to be worn.....for my Bf but also for me....

It’s just a question about my 1st party with people he knows from work....but it’s not work related......
As others have asked, I'll ask too. Can you post a pic of the outfit you want to wear?

Quote:
It’s not work related......it’s a personal party.....but it’s at his boss’s house....

I love fashion & dresses....don’t get to be formal that often.....but that is myself....
Sorry but formal doesn't go with sexy clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty