Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 09:13 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Formal dresses can be backless or have splits....or low cut. Do you really not know or are you just being difficult?
If you won't tell people what your dress looks like, and you're going to wear it to this event anyway, why did you ask for advice? Just to humblebrag about your looks?

Old 09-17-2019, 09:13 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Sorry but formal doesn't go with sexy clothes.
Formal party wear...includes dresses that are backless or can have a low neckline....it’s common. I’m not talking about club party wear.....

Go to the store & shop for one....you are going to find more formal dresses that are backless or low cut in my size....than you will find dresses covering everything up to your neck....

Old 09-17-2019, 09:19 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
If you're in doubt and going to be hanging out with his work colleagues, don't wear a dress with a split or low cut. I don't think it's appropriate personally unless he works in the fashion industry or something very informal where it doesn't matter.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:20 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Slow down, there's a difference between backless formal and 'revealing'. Maybe you should simply go ahead and post a picture because you obviously aren't doing a great job of communicating just what you mean.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Um, I'm not the one who stated the party was with work friends and then back pedaled with a statement they weren't co workers. Just because you don't think it means what the rest of us think it means doesn't make us silly.
And the vegas comment pertains to making bad choices, such as wearing an outfit that is inappropriate for the event.

You do you and if you aren't worried about how it might affect your bf because of his boss, why did you even bring work up?
He knows the senior partner & the other guy from work...but they are personal friends of his & this is not work related....no one else from his work will be there....

I don’t plan on being inappropriate....there are variations in opinion tho...some think if you aren’t wearing a burlap sack you are showing too much skin.....

Old 09-17-2019, 09:26 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
So are we talking about something backless like this https://www.lulus.com/images/product...8332.jpg?w=331
or this? https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...dawztxjPU8XiGw
I think most of us would only consider one of those to be 'too revealing'

Old 09-17-2019, 09:29 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
OP - obviously you aren't interested in our responses since you have a comeback for every one of them. Wear whatever you want - we all know you are going to anyway.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
OP - obviously you aren't interested in our responses since you have a comeback for every one of them. Wear whatever you want - we all know you are going to anyway.
Ty...a comeback is necessary because I am getting pulled down or called a bimbo or told I’m going in club wear....all stupid stuff.....people aren’t understanding what a formal gown is...or that they can be different stages of revealing. My Bf was already shaking his head last night & teasing me...I should know the kind of answers I’m going to get here instead of my channel.......

Ty anyways....

Old 09-17-2019, 09:48 AM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Quote:
Ty...a comeback is necessary because I am getting pulled down or called a bimbo or told I’m going in club wear....all stupid stuff.....people aren’t understanding what a formal gown is...or that they can be different stages of revealing. My Bf was already shaking his head last night & teasing me...I should know the kind of answers I’m going to get here instead of my channel.......

Ty anyways....
Well in fairness your question was vague. You'd need to post a picture of the dress to get specific feedback.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

Ty anyways....
I’m surprised he hasn’t weighed in here yet.

FTR I wouldn’t bring up your vlog at the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty