Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 06:38 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
"It’s not work related......it’s a personal party.....but it’s at his boss’s house...."
wrong.

boss's house.
Yep, just because it's not an officially sanctioned 'work event' those people are still coworkers and employer. You really think it's going to be a case of 'what happens in vegas stays in vegas'?

Old 09-16-2019, 06:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
It’s just a question about my 1st party with people he knows from work....but it’s not work related......
Yes it is ...

Quote:

...but it’s the first time I am meeting his work friends.........so I’m torn....
You need to balance your need to be admired with the need to make a reasonable and not overly memorable impression with your BF's coworkers.

You know very well that certain clothes are appropriate for certain events and venues. And some are not.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:13 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,037 times
Don’t wear anything revealing to the boss’s house. You will make a bad impression. If you show a lot of skin, people will just think you’re trashy.

Better to be conservatively dressed when you meet your bf’s co-workers.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:48 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Don’t wear anything revealing to the boss’s house. You will make a bad impression. If you show a lot of skin, people will just think you’re trashy.

Better to be conservatively dressed when you meet your bf’s co-workers.
Not his coworkers....a personal party my Bf’s boss is having....not work related & not other men from his work....other personal friends of his boss.......

Old 09-16-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes it is ...

You need to balance your need to be admired with the need to make a reasonable and not overly memorable impression with your BF's coworkers.

You know very well that certain clothes are appropriate for certain events and venues. And some are not.
Not his coworkers tho....people aren’t reading.....

Old 09-16-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes it is ...

It’s not a need to be admired....but I want to look good for my BF....something wrong with that?

Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Not his coworkers tho....people aren’t reading.....
Yes, you need to read what YOU wrote. “Work friends” are different from coworkers?

So you aren’t really torn?? I can see how this thread is going to go ...yet again.

Quote:
It’s not a need to be admired....but I want to look good for my BF....something wrong with that?
The only way to do that is to be revealing?

Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
It’s totally fashionable to show skin & wear revealing dresses on a special night out....but I’m kinda worrying I shouldn’t for a party at the house of my Bf’s boss. Bf says he has seen revealing dresses at other parties like it & won’t be any problem...I’d fit right in. I know it’s not work stuff for him....but....still a little hesitant tho. I definitely want to be myself too....but it’s the first time I am meeting his work friends.........so I’m torn....
Don't do it. What is the upside?

Old 09-16-2019, 07:53 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,560,059 times
Quote:
With respect to your mom....I’m 31...& beautiful, sexy clothes are meant to be worn.....for my Bf but also for me....

It’s just a question about my 1st party with people he knows from work....but it’s not work related......

Mom didn't mean it in a negative way (the words make far more sense when taken with her smile and tone of voice when she said it).

It was her gentle way to tell a teenaged girl with a budding fashion sense and sexuality that it wasn't necessary for a lady to show all that she possessed to be perceived as being beautiful and sexy; to choose one feature and to highlight it while leaving something to the imagination. She taught me that suggestion and a hint of sexiness is always more alluring than revealing all that you possess as a woman. That last bit of advice will never do a woman wrong no matter what her age and it has served me well over the years and in many different settings.

In your case and given my own past experiences with such work-but-not-really-work events (that is, work disguised as a party) , I'd choose a body skimming (not tight!) outfit or dress that displays one feature that you consider to be sexy and makes you feel lovely and wear that to this event.

Wearing something sexy, youthful, and appropriate to the venue while appearing as an asset to your boyfriend and being comfortable with yourself and your appearance at this party should be the way to go.

Have fun!

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 09-16-2019 at 08:18 PM..

Old 09-16-2019, 07:56 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
With respect to your mom....I’m 31...& beautiful, sexy clothes are meant to be worn.....for my Bf but also for me....
The clothes aren't sexy. You are. And the point of clothes is to keep that under wraps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty