Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 02:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post

EDIT: What does your BF do for a living? Dressing trashy may be appropriate in some work circles.
He's an attorney … in the Bay Area.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:13 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Who are the other guests at the party? Professional and personal social circles often overlap.

Is your BF a professional? If so, how you dress and act reflect upon him and his decision making skills.

I have been to many parties hosted by my husband's bosses and colleagues. We have hosted many parties. There is always a girl or two in the crowd who think dressing and/or acting overtly sexy is fine. It never is. These types of things can easily torpedo a professional's reputation. I have seen it happen.

FYI, getting drunk is not a good idea either.
Yay...I’ve been upgraded from bimbo to being compared to a drunken overtly sexy bimbo that will destroy my Bf’s reputation...all because of a formal dress with some skin showing...

Old 09-17-2019, 02:16 PM

6,815 posts, read 11,531,564 times
A few weeks ago there was a thread on a different forum here where a non-native English speaker was questioning what was meant by the expression “if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.” I think that’s apropos here, too: if you have to ask, it’s probably not appropriate.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:18 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
They say to always dress for the job you aspire to so...dress like the wife of a CEO (your boyfriend as CEO lol not hittin on his CEO boss).
My imagination says little black dress, hint of cleavage, bare arms, less Kardashian trashy and more Michelle Obama classy.
Just my opinion.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:19 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Yay...I’ve been upgraded from bimbo to being compared to a drunken overtly sexy bimbo that will destroy my Bf’s reputation...all because of a formal dress with some skin showing...
If it's just a typical formal with some skin showing why did you start this thread? Can you even answer that?

Old 09-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Is there some reason you won't post a similar dress, or tell why you're refusing to describe this outfit better than saying it's "revealing"?

As tedious as this thread is, I do keep checking back thinking maybe you've posted a pic.

Can you just say you have no intention of either describing it, or posting an image, and the rest of us can not bother to open this otherwise mind-numbing thread again?

Old 09-17-2019, 02:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is there some reason you won't post a similar dress, or tell why you're refusing to describe this outfit better than saying it's "revealing"?

As tedious as this thread is, I do keep checking back thinking maybe you've posted a pic.

Can you just say you have no intention of either describing it, or posting an image, and the rest of us can not bother to open this otherwise mind-numbing thread again?
It's ok, she said she was just going to "ask her friends instead or put it out on the Vlog".
(Then did that pantomime where one gives the illusion they're walking down the steps....and kept answering.)
OP, If nothing else, you're at least entertaining. We don't know what your dress looks like.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:47 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
I have seen them do it.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:54 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Ita....I gave up in another post & said that I was through with all the toxic stuff & people not understanding or reading my posts...to what the party is.....or trying to understand what many other women will be wearing & the 2 dresses I have. It was just bimbo stuff & dressing trashy or posts that I would ruin my Bfs reputation or that it’s a work party when it’s not..(so I should dress like it’s an interview ) or how I should act...so....I would totally love it if people stop opening the thread....because there is nothing here but toxicity for “Pete’s” sake.......

Old 09-17-2019, 03:03 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Ita....I gave up in another post & said that I was through with all the toxic stuff & people not understanding or reading my posts...to what the party is.....or trying to understand what many other women will be wearing & the 2 dresses I have. It was just bimbo stuff & dressing trashy or posts that I would ruin my Bfs reputation or that it’s a work party when it’s not..(so I should dress like it’s an interview ) or how I should act...so....I would totally love it if people stop opening the thread....because there is nothing here but toxicity for “Pete’s” sake.......
NOBODY called you a bimbo, as far as I can see.

MANY posters asked for you to please give more details on what you MEANT by "revealing." MANY posters asked that you simply include an image or two to give us an idea of what you meant.

YOU NEVER DID.

Instead, your response was to say that EVERYONE was misreading you and calling you a bimbo etc.

Do you seriously not know how to read? (Ironically, you are accusing OTHERS of not reading your posts -- when we DID, but we kept waiting for you to be specific! And you NEVER WERE!)

WHY ON EARTH did you not just post a photo or two so we could see exactly what you meant?

Could you PLEASE just answer that, since I am the umpteenth person to ask?

Or of course you can just say that now I too am calling you a bimbo, even though I didn't and never would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty