Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:46 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times

Advertisements

I really, really do! (38DD, if it matters)

What I want is criss-cross straps in the back, like my bathing suits. But all I see are these "racer-back" styles.

Don't know WHAT it is about my anatomy, but ALL bra straps slide off my shoulders, no matter how jacked up tight I adjust them, till I can hardly get my arms in. The straps PULL so hard, too. Yes, these are expensive $70-ish items.

And dang underwires are excruciating (but I need them). I have spent hours and days shopping in the U.S. but nothing is comfortable. Often I wear a bathing suit top under my clothes but they are extra-padded (for ahem "other" reasons) so that adds bulk I do NOT need.

I end up wearing the same 10 y/o bra for its comfort, but it is starting to fold over at the top, LOL.

Kind of a rant but if other busties want to chime in re the straps or general comfort, I'm (just about) ALL ears!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 12:56 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Have you ever shopped here before?; https://www.barenecessities.com/sear...61468&msg=Bras

Bare Necessities.

I'm larger than you are, and my favorite bra comes from this place. Lift, separation, and PRETTY comfortable. All things considered.

Here's a cross back style that maybe might work for you?
https://www.barenecessities.com/glam...=Glamorise1246

Old 09-18-2019, 01:14 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
I love racerback bras, T-back & criss cross strappy....& tho I’m not near as busty as you.....the style is very popular because lots of us want to eliminate the strap lines for more revealing arm cuts on clothing...

I wouldn’t think you would have a problem finding what you want in the larger lingerie depts. of any store......but I would never buy a bra online. Gotta try many on....you will find something that is comfy...

Old 09-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Almost any online store has a return policy.

I've had good luck with bare necessities. They're my "go to" for bras now.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:31 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Almost any online store has a return policy.

I've had good luck with bare necessities. They're my "go to" for bras now.
Ok...I just find it so much easier to try bunches on....& pick the best....easier than returns. A N D the O. P. said she was having trouble finding something that is comfy.....so no better way than to grab several of different types & see......

Old 09-18-2019, 01:36 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

What I want is criss-cross straps in the back, like my bathing suits. But all I see are these "racer-back" styles.

Don't know WHAT it is about my anatomy, but ALL bra straps slide off my shoulders, no matter how jacked up tight I adjust them, till I can hardly get my arms in. The straps PULL so hard, too. Yes, these are expensive $70-ish items.
:
When was the last time you were measured? A bra fitter once told me that if your straps are sliding down, it's because you're probably wearing the wrong band size (so you might really be a 36DDD or a 40D.)

Old 09-18-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ok...I just find it so much easier to try bunches on....& pick the best....easier than returns. A N D the O. P. said she was having trouble finding something that is comfy.....so no better way than to grab several of different types & see......

Well, I hate trying them on in the store. And I really don't like "personal assistants" who think they know better than you do, what size and what style you need.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:08 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
I have so much bra problem. big girl here and the problem is never ending.

I finally had the courage to go to Nordstrom for bra shopping where the assistant walks in the fitting room with you & then checks you out in the bra to ensure it fits right. TBH it helped a lot but after trying 6 bra, I only liked one which was European brand. The American brand just didn't fit me as well. I also learned most people wear bigger band size and smaller cup size. I recommend you go to a bra shop where they walk in the fitting room with you

Old 09-18-2019, 02:19 PM

6 posts, read 4,517 times
Default what do i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

And dang underwires are excruciating (but I need them). I have spent hours and days shopping in the U.S. but nothing is comfortable. Often I wear a bathing suit top under my clothes but they are extra-padded (for ahem "other" reasons) so that adds bulk I do NOT need.

I end up wearing the same 10 y/o bra for its comfort, but it is starting to fold over at the top, LOL.

Kind of a rant but if other busties want to chime in re the straps or general comfort, I'm (just about) ALL ears!
I'm a guy. If it hurts don't wear it,I'd like that!
Ken

Old 09-18-2019, 02:22 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
When was the last time you were measured? A bra fitter once told me that if your straps are sliding down, it's because you're probably wearing the wrong band size (so you might really be a 36DDD or a 40D.)
One of my relatives is large chested and always had enormous problems getting a bra that fit. She finally went to a lingerie specialty shop and discovered that the size that she usually wore (I think a 36 DDD) was way off.

They measured her and discovered that she actually needed a 32 or 34 G or H (or something like that). Department stores, even many large women specialty stores, never carry that size (band size too small & cup size too large for almost all women). She bought a brand called Elomi and says that their bras are the most comfortable that she has ever worn. I think that Elomi Matilda Convertible Plunge Bra can be worn as a criss cross back.

Good luck. Post back if you are successful.

Last edited by germaine2626; 09-18-2019 at 02:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty