Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 03:27 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Oh....I just say “no ty I’m good” if they ask.....I like to do my own thing too. If you know a brand or style you like....you can just order online. I like variety & trying stuff tho....because different brands fit me differently...and...I thought it would be more helpful to O.P. to try on several since she is wanting to find something comfy for her.
I know what styles work best for me. When one is bigger chested, comfort and fit are the most important thing. I have a general idea of what 'works' for me...so I don't mind ordering online.

Where I live, there's really only 2 stores that carry the bigger sizes. Ann's Bra Shop, and Dillards. Truly, I feel like I have more shopping variety going online. I'd never be able to say...go into Kohls or Walmart to buy a bra. lol

(I'm sorry if I'm sounding argumentative. I didn't mean to be. Just different strokes for different folks, right? )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 03:45 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I know what styles work best for me. When one is bigger chested, comfort and fit are the most important thing. I have a general idea of what 'works' for me...so I don't mind ordering online.

Where I live, there's really only 2 stores that carry the bigger sizes. Ann's Bra Shop, and Dillards. Truly, I feel like I have more shopping variety going online. I'd never be able to say...go into Kohls or Walmart to buy a bra. lol

(I'm sorry if I'm sounding argumentative. I didn't mean to be. Just different strokes for different folks, right? )
Oh...I know....what works for you...do that. I love shopping for lingerie & bras tho...but I totally know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea & since O.P. is looking for something new.......it would be easy to grab a bunch & try them on to see what she likes & what feels comfy to her because racerbacks & T-back styles are really popular right now & she can probably find her size easy.....rather than buying several & messing around with returns & stuff......

Only a suggestion for O.P. or the thread........if you prefer ordering bras online....different strokes....

Old 09-18-2019, 04:08 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,472,468 times
Try ThirdLove.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:35 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
One of my relatives is large chested and always had enormous problems getting a bra that fit. She finally went to a lingerie specialty shop and discovered that the size that she usually wore (I think a 36 DDD) was way off.

They measured her and discovered that she actually needed a 32 or 34 G or H (or something like that). Department stores, even many large women specialty stores, never carry that size (band size too small & cup size too large for almost all women). She bought a brand called Elomi and says that their bras are the most comfortable that she has ever worn. I think that Elomi Matilda Convertible Plunge Bra can be worn as a criss cross back.

Good luck. Post back if you are successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Ermygosh....how does she find fashionable clothes....lingerie...or ANY clothes....to fit? I tell myself the rewards of being smaller now....is less sag when I’m older & clothes look better IMO. Gotta have a bright side....
Even though she has a large chest (for her size), because she is petite, 5'2" with a small rib cage her chest does not look unusually large (even though it is a G or H cup).

It really is not that hard to find clothes. Sometimes she needs to get a larger size and have it altered. Sometimes she will have a seamstress make fashionable clothes just for her.

Old 09-18-2019, 05:09 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,324,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I really, really do! (38DD, if it matters)

What I want is criss-cross straps in the back, like my bathing suits. But all I see are these "racer-back" styles.

Don't know WHAT it is about my anatomy, but ALL bra straps slide off my shoulders, no matter how jacked up tight I adjust them, till I can hardly get my arms in. The straps PULL so hard, too. Yes, these are expensive $70-ish items.

And dang underwires are excruciating (but I need them). I have spent hours and days shopping in the U.S. but nothing is comfortable. Often I wear a bathing suit top under my clothes but they are extra-padded (for ahem "other" reasons) so that adds bulk I do NOT need.

I end up wearing the same 10 y/o bra for its comfort, but it is starting to fold over at the top, LOL.

Kind of a rant but if other busties want to chime in re the straps or general comfort, I'm (just about) ALL ears!
Have you tried to properly measure yourself in a specialty store? You might be 36DD, which could explain your discomfort and trying to adjust straps, etc...38 too large and does not support your big b****?
My friends are in business- they say 99% of women walking into their store wear a wrong size: says their business growth is insane! A lot of repeat customers

Last edited by Nik4me; 09-18-2019 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2019, 07:37 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
When was the last time you were measured? A bra fitter once told me that if your straps are sliding down, it's because you're probably wearing the wrong band size (so you might really be a 36DDD or a 40D.)
This! Try Freya.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:

What I want is criss-cross straps in the back, like my bathing suits. But all I see are these "racer-back" styles.

Don't know WHAT it is about my anatomy, but ALL bra straps slide off my shoulders, no matter how jacked up tight I adjust them, till I can hardly get my arms in. The straps PULL so hard, too. Yes, these are expensive $70-ish items.

And dang underwires are excruciating (but I need them). I have spent hours and days shopping in the U.S. but nothing is comfortable. Often I wear a bathing suit top under my clothes but they are extra-padded (for ahem "other" reasons) so that adds bulk I do NOT need.

I end up wearing the same 10 y/o bra for its comfort, but it is starting to fold over at the top, LOL.

Kind of a rant but if other busties want to chime in re the straps or general comfort, I'm (just about) ALL ears!
I remember the criss-cross straps; those were great & adjustable too.

I have the opposite problem as you ... sometimes when I take my bra off my underarms are all red & raw because they pull so hard. Extended all the way. I can't find swimming suit tops at all though; even harder than bras, they give me no support at all.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:15 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,000 times
Quote:

Try this one. Very comfortable and no wires.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantel...8aAsWlEALw_wcB

Old 09-18-2019, 09:24 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,286 times
I've had some luck with Bali Bra--One Smooth U Ultra Light Illusion Convertible Full-Coverage Bra (3439)

http://TinyURL.com/yyc5vyg3

The straps can be crossed in the back. The bra runs a little large--normally I'm a 38DD but with this bra I get 36DD. It's an underwire but it's very light weight and fairly comfortable.

Most days I wear a cheapie "uniboob" "sports" bra when I go to the gym or if I'm just hanging around the house.

I'd give my eye-teeth to be a 34C again!

Old 09-19-2019, 12:13 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
https://www.primocomfort.com/product...lift-bra-white

My wife uses this bra sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty