Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 08:01 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

They measured her and discovered that she actually needed a 32 or 34 G or H (or something like that). Department stores, even many large women specialty stores, never carry that size (band size too small & cup size too large for almost all women). She bought a brand called Elomi and says that their bras are the most comfortable that she has ever worn. I think that Elomi Matilda Convertible Plunge Bra can be worn as a criss cross back.

Good luck. Post back if you are successful.
I just discovered Elomi and love it. Definitely will get another one or 2. They look good and feel good and fit better than any other bra I tried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 10:34 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,180,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
One of my relatives is large chested and always had enormous problems getting a bra that fit. She finally went to a lingerie specialty shop and discovered that the size that she usually wore (I think a 36 DDD) was way off.

They measured her and discovered that she actually needed a 32 or 34 G or H (or something like that). Department stores, even many large women specialty stores, never carry that size (band size too small & cup size too large for almost all women). She bought a brand called Elomi and says that their bras are the most comfortable that she has ever worn. I think that Elomi Matilda Convertible Plunge Bra can be worn as a criss cross back.

Good luck. Post back if you are successful.

Agree with this post. Elomi is a great brand! When my husband and I were vacationing in Islamorada (Florida Keys), I went to a store called Lion's Lair. They were amazing!!! Sadly, I live nowhere near there, but I can order my size online now, either through the store or the brand itself. I also thought I was a C or D, and ended up more like a G or H (European sizing). My bra straps rarely fall off anymore.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:38 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,180,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
This! Try Freya.

Another good brand! My faves are now Elomi and Freya.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:06 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,628,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah, that one is innovative! I'd give a lot to be rid of underwires.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Your posts elsewhere here on C-D talking about living in Latin America are always so gender-neutral that I assumed you were male.
LOL, Geoff. That's my goal---gender neutrality. Probably 'cause I've always related more to male stuff and have no interest in girlie stuff.

Just born in the wrong body, massive SIGH.

WTF ARE these protuberances that insist on entering the room before I do???? AAAARRRGGGHH!

Old 09-20-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I remember the criss-cross straps; those were great & adjustable too.

I have the opposite problem as you ... sometimes when I take my bra off my underarms are all red & raw because they pull so hard. Extended all the way. I can't find swimming suit tops at all though; even harder than bras, they give me no support at all.
Swimming suit tops, another SIGH. I found I have to get the rigid (padded) cups for any support.

'Course, that looks kinda dumb when you're laying on your back in the sun, with the cones pointed straight up, and the "girls" are sliding sideways.

What to do, what to do!

Old 09-20-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
Why must our breasts be so controlled? What would happen if they were natural? Would men lose their minds?
Here's a good question. I've wondered myself.

Ken answered and got shot down. Is it sexy or sloppy? "It depends"....

Old 09-20-2019, 12:23 PM

4,603 posts, read 3,293,259 times
That Bare Necessities quiz was quite informative! Always have been wearing a 34 B or C, easy to find and get in shops, etc., but not necessarily that comfortable. Bare Necessities said I should be wearing a 32D! So even if you think you know your size, it's probably good to go in with a proper fitter and find out what size you should be wearing.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:41 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,492,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Your posts elsewhere here on C-D talking about living in Latin America are always so gender-neutral that I assumed you were male.
And that could still be true. Guys can have DDs these days too. It’s not just for women anymore.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:51 PM

17,203 posts, read 57,028,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I really, really do! (38DD, if it matters)

What I want is criss-cross straps in the back, like my bathing suits. But all I see are these "racer-back" styles.

Don't know WHAT it is about my anatomy, but ALL bra straps slide off my shoulders, no matter how jacked up tight I adjust them, till I can hardly get my arms in. The straps PULL so hard, too. Yes, these are expensive $70-ish items.

And dang underwires are excruciating (but I need them). I have spent hours and days shopping in the U.S. but nothing is comfortable. Often I wear a bathing suit top under my clothes but they are extra-padded (for ahem "other" reasons) so that adds bulk I do NOT need.

I end up wearing the same 10 y/o bra for its comfort, but it is starting to fold over at the top, LOL.

Kind of a rant but if other busties want to chime in re the straps or general comfort, I'm (just about) ALL ears!

Well, take it off then! You have my official permission, encouragement even!

Of course, DD matters! "It's what's up front that counts" - remember those ads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty